• Yes

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 106 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the t-shirt above i genuinely thought it was a mock up by someone as the logo looks like its been superimposed on to the t-shirt, it looks off to me as the font looks like an old style font, a sort of western cowboy font which fits in with a Calgary connection but with a modern logo, i do like the font used.
I think the t-shirt would have looked better just with the font, like the text only t-shirts we've had before.
I know what you mean. It's clearly 2 different designs, placed together.
The text has a lot of 'thin' lines/outlines and the logo is very 'thick' (or is it 'thicc' these days?!).
If the logo was a bit smaller, placed under the 'V' and not overlapping, I think it would be better. Still going to buy it, though :)

No that I've finally been up close and personal with the new merch...

The new logo on the black jerseys totally pops.
On white it feels like something is missing.
On red it kind of blurs into the background and gets a little lost.

Why is Joey Martin number 88 different to the rest on the home red jersey? His looks upside down to the rest last night.
the fade goes top to bottom apart from his goes bottom to top?

Still looks shite to me just a plain simple devil and the numbers on the back are awful too.
But I still love the devils and I am very happy with the results!
Just won’t be spending a penny on any merch
I've yet to see the jerseys in the flesh but the numbers are awful on pictures and videos, hard to make them out

Kevlar68

Thread starter #231
NOTE: This item was made just out of curiosity not for any monetary gain or use as it is in Greece.

So, a few pages back I had concerns that the logo was so simple that it could be open for abuse In being reproduced and ripping off our club.

My tshirt supplier in Greece couldn't reproduce the old logo as it was to complex in it's design. I sent him the new logo, what font I wanted and how I wanted it to look and it was recreated within 30 mins.

If a little local tshirt shop in Greece can reproduce it I'd hate someone in UK or elsewhere to rip off our club, our club needs all the revenue they can get.

Already on ebay there is someone selling our logo as a vinyl sticker.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14528792...6ErmrzhSf2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I still don't like the logo though :D

As stated at the beginning the tshirt was produced just out of curiosity.

Last edited:

Ocko

If your Greek T shirt supplier couldn’t reproduce the old logo then I suggest he gets some better equipment; it’s 2023, they’re 3D printing parts for weapon systems, I don’t think anyone who knows what they’re doing would have any problems with either logo if they wanted to.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #234
If your Greek T shirt supplier couldn’t reproduce the old logo then I suggest he gets some better equipment; it’s 2023, they’re 3D printing parts for weapon systems, I don’t think anyone who knows what they’re doing would have any problems with either logo if they wanted to.
I think your missing the point completely, this isn't about my Greek tshirt supplier, if this logo is easier to replicate due to its more basic lines and colours then basic printers can replicate them which could lead to cheap knock offs by home based businesses not printing shops, you don't need state of the art printing systems.

The logo itself is already being copied and sold on ebay.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
I drew up a vector graphic of the old logo years ago (I used it to make the modified version which is my avatar). It’s not 100% correct, one or two of the angles are slightly off. I let it free on the web and it was picked up by the club at some point and I’ve seen it used as the official version loads

Ocko

I think your missing the point completely, this isn't about my Greek tshirt supplier, if this logo is easier to replicate due to its more basic lines and colours then basic printers can replicate them which could lead to cheap knock offs by home based businesses not printing shops, you don't need state of the art printing systems.

The logo itself is already being copied and sold on ebay.
But the old logo is just as easy with technology now, any basic printer can do either logo, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at either.

MA18

NOTE: This item was made just out of curiosity not for any monetary gain or use as it is in Greece.

So, a few pages back I had concerns that the logo was so simple that it could be open for abuse In being reproduced and ripping off our club.

My tshirt supplier in Greece couldn't reproduce the old logo as it was to complex in it's design. I sent him the new logo, what font I wanted and how I wanted it to look and it was recreated within 30 mins.

If a little local tshirt shop in Greece can reproduce it I'd hate someone in UK or elsewhere to rip off our club, our club needs all the revenue they can get.

Already on ebay there is someone selling our logo as a vinyl sticker.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14528792...6ErmrzhSf2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I still don't like the logo though :D

As stated at the beginning the tshirt was produced just out of curiosity.
And I thought I was the king of procrastination…

rolf

pretty good job and i would probably buy that even though i despise this new kindergarten devil logo.......simple and with a nod to our history, have a word with TK, you could become authorised supplier

So, just curious, people who said they would never set foot in the rink again because of the logo - have you ?
Is the new logo on merch selling well ? ( visible around the rink ) or as some predicted, sales would be damaged ?
Is the rink half empty or have there been mostly sellouts ??
I don't particularly like the new logo but as I haven't been down to a home game yet just wanted to see if some of the drama spouted when the logo came out has been proved correct.

Great win tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.