Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 23 - 18:00 FO

tim78

Whoever Nottingham plays (except Cardiff) and regardless if they go 7 up in the first 5mins... I've still come to expect the game to be tied half way through.

If there is one team that can not hold a lead its them.

jenks33

What a great weekend for us. Sounds like Coughler isn’t far away from playing again but any news on Jardine? I hate to sound negative on such a positive weekend but defence will be our Achilles heel unless Jardine is back soon or we bring in reinforcements.

MA18

What a great weekend for us. Sounds like Coughler isn’t far away from playing again but any news on Jardine? I hate to sound negative on such a positive weekend but defence will be our Achilles heel unless Jardine is back soon or we bring in reinforcements.
I’m sure if the organisation knew for sure he wouldn’t be back he’d be out of his apartment, handed the keys to his car back and he’d be gone… he hasn’t so if they must have done hope (as I do) that he’ll be playing again this season.

osh

Excellent result, especially with a few key players short. Didn’t watch the game so can’t comment on individual performances, very happy for the players, coach and travelling fans.

moggy#9

Does anyone know when the signing deadline is?

jenks33

I’m sure if the organisation knew for sure he wouldn’t be back he’d be out of his apartment, handed the keys to his car back and he’d be gone… he hasn’t so if they must have done hope (as I do) that he’ll be playing again this season.
I’m sure he will be back again this season but if he’s out for another 3+ weeks I’m not convinced our current defence (even with Louis) is good enough to keep us in the race. Hope I’m wrong

Diablo3

I’m sure he will be back again this season but if he’s out for another 3+ weeks I’m not convinced our current defence (even with Louis) is good enough to keep us in the race. Hope I’m wrong
You say that, but we just beat Belfast and Guildford with our depleted D, so don't write them off just yet.

Devil94

I wonder if those who called the season over 2 weeks ago or even 2 months ago are feeling a bit silly now. Even last week there was a post that 'Dundee are more likely to win the play offs than us.'
Well here we are. Just beaten the league leaders and now only 3 points behind them. Rivals dropping points also. Belfast Sheffield double header next week. We are the form team in the league right now and you'd be mad to bet against us.
Of course I was called a happy clapper for suggesting that we could possibly be in this position, so it's nice to see.

jenks33

You say that, but we just beat Belfast and Guildford with our depleted D, so don't write them off just yet.
A great weekend but I don’t think it’s controversial or overly negative to have doubts about our d corps. Thompson, Louis, Batch all a bit too error prone this season for my liking. Having said that we aren’t playing Guildford/Sheffield/Belfast until the 18th of Feb so it will be bitterly disappointing if we find ourselves (realistically) out of the title race in the next 3 weeks.
It will be interesting to see how we get on against teams that are likely to sit back against us (Fife, Dundee etc)

Last edited: