Giants Vs Devils - Challenge Cup Final - 16th March 22

jenks33

Nothing amateur about it, haven't had them for years, not even for the likes of Continental Cup final, CHL games or Friendship Four
I think that in itself is a bit amateur but none of those that you’ve mentioned are finals. This was a final that they’ve had 3 weeks to prepare for, 7/8,000 in attendance and no programme?! Every final has to have a programme. Bizarre. I know you’re trying to protect your club but that’s very amateur in my opinion. Clearly we’ll agree to disagree on that though. If the final was anywhere else in the league there would be a programme.

jenks33

No it wasn’t and it was discussed on here in the early few months, as was the lack of goal scoring and calls for players to be sacked. The beginning of the season showed the short comings and now we are finishing is showing the improvements. I’ve said it before anyone who believed our recruitment was put together to win trophies really doesn't understand the game, which is fine, not everyone has the same understanding.
The last 3 or 4 lines basically translates as “It’s fine, not everyone is as clever as me” Hahaha. Jesus Christ Mazzoak you’re the gift that keeps on giving.

Mazzoak

The last 3 or 4 lines basically translates as “It’s fine, not everyone is as clever as me” Hahaha. Jesus Christ Mazzoak you’re the gift that keeps on giving.
Hedd Wyn John wrote

This year I don't think many Devils fans will say our recruitment by early season was as good as Belfast or Sheffield.

So I’m not the only person with this opinion, the first 3 months of our season people wrote how dire the team was and we’d struggle to win anything. How can you state I’m the only clever one when most of the Inferno lost their shit over this squad, so clearly I’m not the only clever one on the Inferno.

pjj365

Hedd Wyn John wrote

This year I don't think many Devils fans will say our recruitment by early season was as good as Belfast or Sheffield.

So I’m not the only person with this opinion, the first 3 months of our season people wrote how dire the team was and we’d struggle to win anything. How can you state I’m the only clever one when most of the Inferno lost their shit over this squad, so clearly I’m not the only clever one on the Inferno.
There is a massive gap between poor recruiting (which you quote above) and not recruiting to win (your normal stance)

Mazzoak

There is a massive gap between poor recruiting (which you quote above) and not recruiting to win (your normal stance)
What l quoted stated that our recruitment wasn’t as good, no mention of that being due to poor recruitment or intentional recruitment. I prefer to believe those involved are more competent than that and the recruitment was governed by other factors rather than incompetence. This is my opinion, am l right or wrong, doesn’t matter, anymore than commenting on how many net minders we go with or who we keep, everyone here will offer and debate, agree or disagree.

jenks33

Hedd Wyn John wrote

I wasn’t laughing at your opinion. Although I don’t necessarily agree with it. I was laughing at how condescending you sounded! And not for the first time…

Kevin roog

I think more than poor recruitment before Xmas was the perceived lack of effort, it seemed every other week skalde was bemoaning the lack of effort, players not going into dirty areas for goals, I don’t know the stat but I would like to see the stat of how many fights we had before Xmas and since Xmas

Wannabe2

Thread starter #197
I think more than poor recruitment before Xmas was the perceived lack of effort, it seemed every other week skalde was bemoaning the lack of effort, players not going into dirty areas for goals, I don’t know the stat but I would like to see the stat of how many fights we had before Xmas and since Xmas
I believe it was 4 fights in the league, and 4 fights Challenge cup pre Xmas, and 12 fights in the league post Xmas.

I think that in itself is a bit amateur but none of those that you’ve mentioned are finals. This was a final that they’ve had 3 weeks to prepare for, 7/8,000 in attendance and no programme?! Every final has to have a programme. Bizarre. I know you’re trying to protect your club but that’s very amateur in my opinion. Clearly we’ll agree to disagree on that though. If the final was anywhere else in the league there would be a programme.
Continental Cup Final .....again programmes haven't be a thing at Giants regardless of the game. So why would they change this just because you feel that it's amateurish.