Giants Vs Devils - League - 18th & 19th March 23 - Double Header Baby!

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Will this weekend be a turning point for the Devils as they secure a close finish for themselves or a whimpering end to our seasons aspirations? Take all 4 points this weekend in regulation and we close the widening gap Belfast are forming. Lets face it though this is a Belfast team scoring for fun and currently look unstoppable. Their late season signings, the quality and number of them (that no one from the league has yet to confirm or prove are within the rules) have catapulted them to the top, grabbing the CC on the way. It would certainly make taking the W from them all the sweeter. Excitement, adventure, hastily produced laptops, a screeching commentator, what's not to love.
Safe journeys to those travelling over and don't forget to care for your liver.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Strap yourself in, this could be a bumpy ride! Que complete forum meltdown if we endure 2 heavy losses!

Lloyd_jeff already licking her lips at the thought ! Can envisage it now - Todd is this, that and the other, owners not interested, it’s half Lordo’s fault, Skalde takes some of the blame, fans should walk, arena is a mess, when is my climbing wall ready! Blah de blah de blah de blah ……

moggy#9

Ordinarily I'd make sure I had the stream for at least one of these. To be honest though, I can't be bothered and can think of better ways of spending £30 than spending two evenings getting angry whilst having to listen the the Belfast commentary team.

Pondlife

I love Belfast double header weekend. Going out on the pop in Belfast is fantastic but you can't help but notice something is ever so slightly different. Obviously the beer and currency is the same but everyone is wearing a coat and there's always a guy with a fiddle in the pub band.

See you in the chicken/doner shop just after closing.

E.D.S.

I've been dreading James starting this thread. Normally, I like his comical start to the game threads... "this week sees another rare game agains the Blaze" when we've played them 8 times that week but this one.... I'm in complete denial about this game and would prefer to pretend it isn't happening.

One heavy loss and then one slightly less heavy loss, with a first period time out, followed by a predictable Dupont post game:

1) We started slowly
2) I thought our powerplay did well
3) "I decided to rest Louis, Brandt and both net minders as I figured Reid would score a hatful of goals"
4) "It's ok though as I've got a multi year contract so I'll be here for the next decade. See you at the rink next week in my new Devils bobble hat and sliders"

Swarley

I'm going with a 9-1 Saturday 6-2 Sunday with Louis out Reid still in and Dupont with his sad sack face saying they couldn't get out the gate and a lot of umms during each sentence he comes out with.

Not looking forward to this weekend at all it's essentially a training session for the giants against this D side team

Kevin roog

Strap yourself in, this could be a bumpy ride! Que complete forum meltdown if we endure 2 heavy losses!

Lloyd_jeff already licking her lips at the thought ! Can envisage it now - Todd is this, that and the other, owners not interested, it’s half Lordo’s fault, Skalde takes some of the blame, fans should walk, arena is a mess, when is my climbing wall ready! Blah de blah de blah de blah ……
And brexit means brexit

James

Administrator
Thread starter #14
The weekend feels a bit dead rubbery for the devils,if we win 4 points ,what does it mean for the devils,probably means more for guildford
It would put us 2 points away from Belfast and with momentum. Guildford would benefit more yes and it wouldn't put our fate in our own hands but it would be a lot closer.

Kevin roog

It would put us 2 points away from Belfast and with momentum. Guildford would benefit more yes and it wouldn't put our fate in our own hands but it would be a lot closer.
We got sheffield twice and Coventry once to come,2 points max we will get ,don’t forget we had 2 winnable games this past week to get into title race ,storm and blaze at home,

Kevin roog

Coventry beat Guildford ,Sheffield, Belfast and Cardiff in the last fortnight, they might have a bit about them since they got a new signing and a new goalie

ASHIPP

The only high expectations around here are to do with all the 'extra curricular' fun NOT connected with the ice hockey that will be enjoyed in wonderful Belfast by the travelling Red Army!
Hope everyone has a fantastic time. Make the most of it guys, there might be little joy from watching these games.

Thankfully I'm working so I have a legit excuse for not buying any webcast! I don't think I could face watching them anyway. Keefe will have issued orders and his players will be under threat of punishment if they mess up. I love that attitude, they know what they have to do.

Can't say this is a 'season-defining weekend' for our Team over there......the season is almost gone now. This is Giants' time to solidify that No1 position. If the results don't go the way we want, perhaps our Team playing with pride and passion will be some consolation.

Last edited: