Giants Vs Devils - League - 18th & 19th March 23 - Double Header Baby!

ASHIPP

All I'm saying is he is 100% healthy and it was a coaching decision to bench him all these games.
If this is true, it's appalling. Lou has been such a loyal servant, playing his role well on this team for 6 years.

They seem to play with a lot more confidence when he is on the blue line. I simply can't buy the notion that other players on the team can be happy that Reid is so off form and seems to contribute little on ice other than buzzing round waiting for a pass.

moggy#9

If this is true, it's appalling. Lou has been such a loyal servant, playing his role well on this team for 6 years.

They seem to play with a lot more confidence when he is on the blue line. I simply can't buy the notion that other players on the team can be happy that Reid is so off form and seems to contribute little on ice other than buzzing round waiting for a pass.
Don't worry, if he retires he'll be on the coaching staff next season.

this weekend has the potential to be really embarrassing for the devils and show how much we are behind the giants in every department.i see belfast beating us heavily and having to stop playing as they would be making a mockery of the league by beating us by too much.i think we are on a hiding to nothing this weekend and think we'll end up fifth and not making the final 4 in nottingham.i hope the devils prove me wrong but we've really struggled lately and fifth and no semi final in the play offs seems about right for this woeful team we've got this season,can't wait for the season to end.

Wannabe2

No one wants to be talking like that, but this season has really been a season too far, the worse boring team for awhile now and the fans have had to endure one lousy season, and boy has it been pretty lousy. No direction, no passion, no entertainment, no plan B, but hopefully a new season, new faces and a fresh start and a reason to be cheerfull.

kettdevil1

this weekend has the potential to be really embarrassing for the devils and show how much we are behind the giants in every department.i see belfast beating us heavily and having to stop playing as they would be making a mockery of the league by beating us by too much.i think we are on a hiding to nothing this weekend and think we'll end up fifth and not making the final 4 in nottingham.i hope the devils prove me wrong but we've really struggled lately and fifth and no semi final in the play offs seems about right for this woeful team we've got this season,can't wait for the season to end.
You do know that we are tied 2-2 with the Giants in games won in the series between the two teams in the league this season don't you.....

I don't understand defeatist attitudes I am afraid, yep we have been frustrating this season but there is no way I am going over there thinking we are going to be humiliated. It's going to be tough as Belfast are heavy favourites but ... we've done this before.

lloyd_jeff

All I'm saying is he is 100% healthy and it was a coaching decision to bench him all these games.

I just hope that the coach finally sees what a cluster biff of a cock up that was and benches the one guy who has been a stand out shit show all season long which is Reid.
Can l mention that if the coach is doing this what is Todd & the owners doing, maybe the piles of cash clouds their judgement and really don’t give a flying four letter word beginning with F.

Wannabe2

You do know that we are tied 2-2 with the Giants in games won in the series between the two teams in the league this season don't you.....

I don't understand defeatist attitudes I am afraid, yep we have been frustrating this season but there is no way I am going over there thinking we are going to be humiliated. It's going to be tough as Belfast are heavy favourites but ... we've done this before.
Since the 2-2 games won, Giants have won 14 and we have won 9, hence the difference in latest results, this weekend will tell the difference in class.

lloyd_jeff

Completely agree with you on this, a first , I’ll repeat that these professionals aren’t this incompetent and other forces are behind the 2nd season of the same shit. I’m not fan of strict management but you need to have a balance, it’s like any animal, if a team can coast without recourse, it will. Skalde & especially Carruth became victims of this culture, the players ousted them, they seem to have taken over and nobody including Dupont seems to give a monkies. Now we are in the final few weeks the players will start playing, contracts need renewing & judging by last season, all you need to do is turn up for work at this time of the yr & management will sign you.

Diafol

Nice to see Fox showing his true colours :)

A tabloid headline writer's dream.

Fox to be "hounded" out of Sheffield after shock confession ?
Fox On The Run ? !

Screenshot_20230317_232925_Samsung Internet.jpg

Samael

Nice to see Fox showing his true colours

A tabloid headline writer's dream.

Fox to be "hounded" out of Sheffield after shock confession ?
Fox On The Run ? !
I remember going up to Sheffield for the Benson & Hedges cup final against Nottingham and there were loads of Steelers fans in t shirts and vests with 'devil for the day' on them. We lost that final pretty heavily if l recall and l am expecting nothing but shambols this weekend. Belfast must be licking their lips as we are atrociously predictable, poorly organised and the players seem to mostly be on the golf course already. Even if by some miracle we edge a game, it wont make any difference, this team, this coach and this season all need to be over and done with, it has done nothing but piss me off, frustrate or mostly bore me.

Says a lot about the fans though that this thread already has over 50 posts and a puck hasnt dropped yet. Few more years like this though and I see the fanbase becoming just as jaded and dissinterested as the fans on the Panthers cage forum which is lucky to get 20 posts per game thread these days. Kelman probably wouldn't grumble if that happened as long as the over priced merchandise, booze and seats were still selling well though.

Wannabe2

I wouldn’t be surprised if Devils won todays game 3-0, I would be pleased but not surprised,but by the same token I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 7/8 nil, that’s how Jekyl and Hyde this team is. The only saving grace about this season is that we had hockey in a safe environment and not behind closed doors, and not masked up, although many of those games would have made better viewing if our masks were over our eyes. Like many fans normally I would be happy with a 12 month season, but sadly that’s far from the case this season as entertainment has been so few and far between, and that’s a sad statement to make. If we learn from this season and make the many relevant changes that is so obviously needed, it will be nice to get back to normal and happy times. Entertainment is the name of the game, winning is great, but entertainment is what has been so sadly lacking.

TL91

I remember going up to Sheffield for the Benson & Hedges cup final against Nottingham and there were loads of Steelers fans in t shirts and vests with 'devil for the day' on them. We lost that final pretty heavily if l recall and l am expecting nothing but shambols this weekend. Belfast must be licking their lips as we are atrociously predictable, poorly organised and the players seem to mostly be on the golf course already. Even if by some miracle we edge a game, it wont make any difference, this team, this coach and this season all need to be over and done with, it has done nothing but piss me off, frustrate or mostly bore me.

Says a lot about the fans though that this thread already has over 50 posts and a puck hasnt dropped yet. Few more years like this though and I see the fanbase becoming just as jaded and dissinterested as the fans on the Panthers cage forum which is lucky to get 20 posts per game thread these days. Kelman probably wouldn't grumble if that happened as long as the over priced merchandise, booze and seats were still selling well though.
More so picking up on the merch and booze here…booze in my opinion is very reasonable in terms of the environment. Rugby, football, gigs, etc. you’ll be paying a hell of a lot more. Some bars in Cardiff will charge you more than at IAW so it’s not awful. Merch - same prices as any other sports team I’d argue so again, not overpriced. Just look at what Cardiff City and WRU are farming out. WRU selling a hoody for £70 which I’ve got for £35, only difference is it has my football club’s badge on instead! All my opinion of course!

Wannabe2

More so picking up on the merch and booze here…booze in my opinion is very reasonable in terms of the environment. Rugby, football, gigs, etc. you’ll be paying a hell of a lot more. Some bars in Cardiff will charge you more than at IAW so it’s not awful. Merch - same prices as any other sports team I’d argue so again, not overpriced. Just look at what Cardiff City and WRU are farming out. WRU selling a hoody for £70 which I’ve got for £35, only difference is it has my football club’s badge on instead! All my opinion of course!
Myself like yourself I don’t think beer, merchandise, or seats are overpriced especially compared to other gigs my local is more expensive than IAW, Merchandise is average price, and as for ticket costs I think there bang on, if you want a £10 team you won’t be in the Elite League, with the exception of a poor season this year, we are usually up there with the best, and that certainly wouldn’t happen with 3,000 seats at Mickey Mouse prices.

Myself like yourself I don’t think beer, merchandise, or seats are overpriced especially compared to other gigs my local is more expensive than IAW, Merchandise is average price, and as for ticket costs I think there bang on, if you want a £10 team you won’t be in the Elite League, with the exception of a poor season this year, we are usually up there with the best, and that certainly wouldn’t happen with 3,000 seats at Mickey Mouse prices.
Not too often I agree but I do here, plus you don’t have to buy it

Samael

We dont have "Mickey mouse" prices....... yet we have a "Mickey mouse" team.

As for the merch and beer being reasonable, how can they justify charging the same amount for screen printed jerseys when we used to get embroidered for the same price pre covid. Things like a devils water bottle for £20 too is ridiculous!!! As for the beer, sorry, but just because prices at concerts and in pubs in town can be more expensive that doesn't mean we aren't still being overcharged for a pint of piss in the IAW. People are too willing to just accept that they are being ripped off and being charged premium rates for a less than premium product.