Haddad released by Greenville

Have Hope#35

He wouldn't go to Fife and given he was signed back as Captain I would say that he's asked to leave! Maybe his circumstances have changed and he can now fly?

Mooney#16

Very conflicted. Haddad would give Devils a huge portion of what they currently need which is to generate longer periods of offensive zone pressure and not be playing so run and gun on the rush. He is an immense puck protection player down low.

However I think they’d need to release a player to do so as what they really still need is that top no 1 centre filling. I love Stephen Dixon but he’s gone from third line centre to first line which shows the incremental drop in roster strength.

Have to be honest this dressing two import netties a night is baffling me still. Seems like a real self inflicted restriction on the rosters capabilities.

exactly what i said a few weeks ago that dressing two import netminders is weakening our team and i really don't think we can be serious contenders by doing this.sheffield tried it at the start of the 19/20 season but quickly realised they're mistake after a few losses and dressed a british netminder instead.

Temme

exactly what i said a few weeks ago that dressing two import netminders is weakening our team and i really don't think we can be serious contenders by doing this.sheffield tried it at the start of the 19/20 season but quickly realised they're mistake after a few losses and dressed a british netminder instead.
It was a confusing decision to begin with & injuries inevitably play their part it will look even more confusing.

Haddad would be an excellent pick up for us, he's clearly headed overseas given he can't play in the ECHL other than the team he's leaving.

My guess is he links back up with Joey Martin, but wouldn't be surprised to see him back with Cardiff - especially given he was signed for 21-22 anyway (https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/joey-haddad-stays-north-america-2021-22/ ), however, i know we iced him as a center a little, but would he want to play there full time as a goal scoring winger?

moggy#9

It was a confusing decision to begin with & injuries inevitably play their part it will look even more confusing.

Haddad would be an excellent pick up for us, he's clearly headed overseas given he can't play in the ECHL other than the team he's leaving.

My guess is he links back up with Joey Martin, but wouldn't be surprised to see him back with Cardiff - especially given he was signed for 21-22 anyway (https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/joey-haddad-stays-north-america-2021-22/ ), however, i know we iced him as a center a little, but would he want to play there full time as a goal scoring winger?
It would be good to have him back but, at the moment, our most pressing problem seems to be a defensive one.

I think I’m right in saying the issue with the netminders is being caused by the roster size restrictions. If we replace one of the two import netminders with a British player we would still have a roster size of 19 and just 1 less import… due to the limit of 19 players we can’t just replace the backup with a Brit and ice an out skater as we would be at a roster size of 20. That would mean to gain the extra import out skater we would have to sit one of our other British player + an import net minder.
I believe we are currently playing 1 import under the limit but can’t really utilise this slot without sitting a Brit?

RTfarty

Graz99 currently has 18 registered forwards on their roster. Would be a heck of a jump from the ECHL to the ICEHL too - can't see how he would slot in there at all.