"It looked like we may have blown it but ..."

KaneDevils

Re: We've Just Blown It.

Gaz G said:
KaneDevils said:
I'm assuming this is a thread started out of anger, and/or frustration.
If we beat Coventry Saturday and blaze then beat Sheffield Sunday, will that make the title race "UNblown" and put us back in the hot seat?

Both those results mentioned are both very likely too. If I was a betting man....
Not at all. Last night was on paper the easiest league game we have left this season. Ergo a more must win game than any other. The Steelers run in is much more comfortable than ours....hence my opinion. I'd love to be proved wrong of course.
But if those results occur, as mentioned, then we are back where we were before the fife game. And you didn't make this thread until after that defeat. That's the beauty of sport. It's unpredictability. If we need to go away to Nottingham and win, then so be it. We're perfectly capable. Sometimes games your expected to win, prove to be the more difficult due to expectancy. Sports science.

Ocko

Interestingly our fans, Sheiffield's and Nottingham's have all declared their teams have blown it in the last seven days; some hockey fans are up and down like teenage girls!

Strangely the only team who aren't are Belfast who keep thinking they're in with a shout. Clearly they drink too much over there.

osh

Ocko said:
Interestingly our fans, Sheiffield's and Nottingham's have all declared their teams have blown it in the last seven days; some hockey fans are up and down like teenage girls!

Strangely the only team who aren't are Belfast who keep thinking they're in with a shout. Clearly they drink too much over there.
Our fans ? You mean possibly the person who posted the topic and one or two others. As for the other teams, who cares ! I think we have the mind set and ability to win it, yes it will be close, but we are very capable of doing it.

Ocko said:

Belfast are only 1 point behind Nottingham now having played the same number of games as them - so I wouldn't write them off either - it looks like a 4 horse race.

Rich Best

What a complete and utter waste of s forum topic. Of course we haven't blown it. I suggest you go and support another sport of stop supporting sport altogether.

Talk about throwing away the league. 3 defeats on the bounce and everyone else coming into form. Looks like all our top players are being found out and are starting to bottle it!!!!!!!! Probably get a load of abuse for this post but something isn't right and everything we've done so far during the season means nothing if we can't get over the line.

Obviously we want them to win the league but if it's not to be...

Two seasons ago if someone said we were challenging for the league and were in the cup final as holders we wouldn't believe them.

And it's not over yet!!!

Come on guys. Lots to be optimistic about! Still in with a shout at all 4 trophies and a brand new home! Disappointed at the losses... Yes but this is sport for you. ;)

My 2p worth - if we'd settled the forward lines early in the season, we'd have won the league by now.

Claudio Ranieri is known as the Tinker Man, but Lordo has taken it to a whole new level this season. Absolutely stunned at the amount of changes to the forward lines - even when combinations have clicked he's gone and changed them again !!! WTF!

We need some real strong leadership from this point onwards and some sensible decisions around rotation! (Hendrikx must be wondering what the hell he's done wrong to be scratched of late while watching Hotham & Hudson look like Basil Fawlty & Benny Hill) !

Slartibartfast

Agree with the line thing. I said elsewhere that when the lines are right we are easily the best team in the league. I know injuries can dictate lines sometimes but there seems to be more changes than necessary.
Maybe Ice Time TV can ask Lordo about the line changes. For me the Martin Salters Doucet line was the best line since the Legion of Doom line years back but Hervato replaced Martin and the line became ineffective. Hervato does such a great job but looked lost on that line.
Disagree on Hotham though. Yes he makes mistakes but look at the minutes he does. He is still an amazing quality D man.

KaneDevils

Personally, I feel if Sheffield win tonight, our challenge is as good as over. Not mathematically of course but going on remainder of games, momentum, etc
Of course, we continue to fight for it and try and get a run together ready for the CC final.

Understandable for Devils fans to be disappointed with recent results. We wouldn't be true fans if we were not disappointed. I'm sure players and coaching staff feel the same. The issue is now , how does everyone react. Put these games behind us, put situations right that can can be put right. Improve on decision making and execution. Believe and try our best in all we do for personal esteem and confidence remembering we are all part of a great organisation with a worldwide following. Above all ENJOY this terrific season right to the last whistle.

Rich Best

Great results tonight with both Sheffield and Panthers losing. A few people should be eating their words I reckon! Still top with a game in hand! Come on Devils! #believe