"It looked like we may have blown it but ..."

Re: We've Just Blown It.

In the Immortal words of Kurt Russell.

"They've had their time... their time is Done! This OUR time!! Now go out there and TAKE IT!!!" :RAWK

Wannabe2

Scottman said:
In the Immortal words of Kurt Russell.

"They've had their time... their time is Done! This OUR time!! Now go out there and TAKE IT!!!" :RAWK
Absolutely, lets do it.

voth26

OK so we seem to have a bit of luck with tonight's results, and possibly getting a bit of a life line but we have to take full advantage and play Devils style hockey which is high forechecking and physical. Sounds easy

august04

voth26 said:
OK so we seem to have a bit of luck with tonight's results, and possibly getting a bit of a life line but we have to take full advantage and play Devils style hockey which is high forechecking and physical. Sounds easy
No doubt we've had a huge boost with tonight's results but we have to concentrate on getting our own performances back on track now. That's the key for the run in.

drainage

Do I want the league title yes , do the team want it yes .......am I disappointed in Saturday's game yes (probably the worst I have felt all season)

Then I thunk back to Regan/Pope season......if you had offered me the chance to experience the last 2 seasons then I would have expected to change my allegiance to a team based North of Coventry to have it !!

It's been said over and over again but is true nonetheless we are in a far far better place .......we will get to enjoy winning a title I am sure , who knows if it's this season but we are back threatening all comers and making the smug self satisfied "top dogs" sit up and take us seriously that is amazing :)

Let's not forget what we have ......great to want more but sometimes we need to stop and take stock!

SteveKing

These last few days have just gone to reinforce my point. Who would have possibly guessed that:

i) The Devils lose three straight.
ii) The Steelers lose two of four
iii) The Panthers lose three of four.

This race is going to go down to the wire. All we know is that we're still in first, the other teams have to win more games than we do and most importantly...they are running out of games to do so.

I'm still gutted by that loss on Saturday for more reasons than just the table and I know that the players are too. However, the opportunity is still just as much there for us as it was seven days ago. Win on Friday and it all but eliminates Nottingham. I still believe that winning four of our last six wins us the title given what's going on in the league.

What a ride!

Rich Best

There is just something inside me that makes me believe this is our year Steve. Last year it felt like we had achieved our goal winning the CC. This year the management, the fans and especially the team are hungry for more. This could be the most successful Devils team ever! History is there to be made. 4 trophies are ours to grab hold of!

Electro

Best way to sum up a season as close as this is to count the silverware and analyse performance after its over.

Let the team, the pro's worry about the weekly stuff, it's their job, their lively hood.

Sit back, chill, enjoy the ride.

If not, you could always support Sheffield. Some posters here would fit right in.

voth26

august04 said:
voth26 said:
No doubt we've had a huge boost with tonight's results but we have to concentrate on getting our own performances back on track now. That's the key for the run in.
Yep I'm sure Lord and the players will be aware of this life line. These remaining games and points on offer have to be fought for, now it's time for the Devils to show and more importantly prove they want it badly enough

KaneDevils

Could we get the thread title changed to something like:

"it looked like we may of blown it but have been handed an unlikely lifeline" ...... "Of which we must take"....... or something similar?

SteveKing said:
These last few days have just gone to reinforce my point. Who would have possibly guessed that:

i) The Devils lose three straight.
ii) The Steelers lose two of four
iii) The Panthers lose three of four.

This race is going to go down to the wire. All we know is that we're still in first, the other teams have to win more games than we do and most importantly...they are running out of games to do so.

I'm still gutted by that loss on Saturday for more reasons than just the table and I know that the players are too. However, the opportunity is still just as much there for us as it was seven days ago. Win on Friday and it all but eliminates Nottingham. I still believe that winning four of our last six wins us the title given what's going on in the league.

What a ride!
... and if this form continues, my money is on Fife! (My 2nd team too).

James

Administrator
Oh OK then :D I did wonder if I should have corrected it when I posted it but it seemed appropriate for a Cardiff forum.

On the matter in hand. I don't think we've blown it yet. We did blow a golden chance to put some distance between us and the pack. Fortunately some good results elsewhere and its back in our control.

Temme

Another very interesting run-in for the league title - which is awesome to be part of.

just to reiterate the Belfast thing - they have 7 games left.

Fife x3
Cardiff x3
Braehead x1

there's no easy games in this league, but their run-in is friendly enough, barring playing us of course - but if they are in with any chance they need us to lose and them to win, so what better way to do that than playing us 3 times?