Jamie Vanderveeken signs

drainage

jester said:
DevilDom said:
Jester we have had 1 replacement for and injured player who has been out for around 3 months now. Devils have been playing 2 imports down for large parts of the season so far due to further injuries.

Giants started with a spare and have since added another spare (Awada) and replacements for Doucet and LeBlanc. With McBride leaving i'm sure you'll have another player in to quickly jump on the Belfast Giants merry go round soon! It is hardly comparable.
Yes we started with a spare ( crane) he has replaced the injured Doucet.
Leblanc left due to visa issues and was replaced with Clarke
We are awaiting a full time replacement for mcbride
(Awada lives in Belfast that was just pure luck)
Gotta a feeling you are going to refuse to see reason so yes the welsh word for replacement is spare !! See it's just a language barrier !!

jester, feel free to slap your gums but for pitty sake go do it on your own club sit, at least jb was very level headed with his comment as he now knows how hard it is just hanging on to the coat tails of the arena teams. as competing on a level with them can be done ( like last year ) but virtualy imposble to keep up consistantly. we are just trying to be competative and lucky for you we try, cos if we all chucked in the towel we could drop a league and sheffield could move to ice sheffield and come down with us, but wot do belfast and nottingham do. i could say i dont care, but i do, we may not be big and shiny like giants and panthers but we are like refs, without us you got nowt. just let us enjoy a few hours of joy on our own site while it lasts.

I think people miss the point on purpose to try and justify their arguement, at the end of the day had Mark Smith not been injured we wouldnt need a replacement player as we would have a full quota of imports and do not have the finance to have someone 'spare'

How can he be an extra player when the player he is replacing is out for the rest of the season, the fact they are still paying Mark Smith is a credit to the organisation but it hardly benefits the team as he cannot contribute to the games.

Earnie

On a more humerous note we have to make up a new name for our new man.

We can't possibly let him get away with Vander .....whatever

Wannabe2

Jamie Vanderbreezeblock, what a great statement by the sky commentator, you can hit this guy 6 times with a sledge hammer, then he will take it of you and say now its my turn, lovely man.

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #69
Earnie said:

Not on your life.

Forget ability, toughness, attitude and professionalism. I have been nagging G for years for a name this exciting to announce from the blue line :lol:

drainage

Earnie said:

When trying to tell my sis I could only come up with he's called Vander thingy !! But he would be a cracking scrabble score !!

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #76
James said:
You have to make it last longer than Mumbles did with Louis Goooooooooolet.
I always ask the testimonial committees to bring Louis back. The best Devils name I have never announced :D

Maybe not every week for Jamie but I can see his debut announcement being, *ahem* fairly flamboyant.

Been waiting ages for a name to surpass Tyson Teplitsky in the announcing stakes. Fingers crossed! (I mean, this is what really matters in a signing :lol:)