Latest rink update

Have Hope#35

chillee said:
Have Hope#35 said:
But not that the slope 'as you put it' will be the tallest! It says that part of the entire development will include Wales' largest tower :DWD
Have you ever been skiing ?

You start at the top of a mountain and slide downwards on 2 sticks on your feet. :lol:

So is it not likely that the top of the tower is the top of the Ski Slope :roll:

Look at the plans, please.

Seriously I don't have kind words to reflect your comments, so I'll cease. :RAWK
Fully aware... You seem to think that the structure being built for the Ski Slope is the one being advertised as Wales' largest tower, this is not the case!

Have Hope#35 said:
Fully aware... You seem to think that the structure being built for the Ski Slope is the one being advertised as Wales' largest tower, this is not the case!
So enlighten me then, what is the tower to be used for. :)

Have Hope#35

chillee said:
Have Hope#35 said:
So enlighten me then, what is the tower to be used for. :)
A 32-storey tower, luxury hotel and 800 new homes, and offices are also included in future planned phases. It can be seen in the image in this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-22623555 and also here: http://studionesh.co.uk/259003/2708881/work/international-sports-village-cardiff- Are you telling me that this is the Ski Slope?

Have Hope#35 said:
Thanks for explaining the principle of skiing for me though :roll:
My pleasure.

Its not as stupid as attaching blades to your feet, sliding around on frozen water trying to hit a piece of rubber with a large stick.

That's just bonkers. :pickle

mazza03

chillee said:
So will the IAW stay in its current format ?

Will the rink now start to be built with a bit more vigour ?

Will we see a Ski Slope ?

Will we see those piles abandoned/dismantled ?

Who Knows.
You are beginning to get on my nerves, go away :DWD

chillee said:
Andy 26 said:
Doom,doom and more doom.Cant you try to be more positive,instead of ranting on about things you know nothing about.
Sorry, I fail to understand how discussing the viability and future of the rink and Winter Sports centre could be described as Doom or for that matter negative and I'm certainly not ranting, I place little importance of the success or failure of either of the projects, had I invested some cash into the projects, I'd certainly be all those and a fair few more.

Lets get something straight.This ice rink is not just being built for the sole use of the Cardiff Devils ice hockey team.
Read several pages back I wrote that the IAW was to be used for Boxing, concerts and basically anything else as per the IAW corporate brochure.

Mr Regan the franchise owner of the Cardiff Devils will be a tenant and has had no input into this scheme what so ever,know matter what his PR machine has told us.(it's all smoke and mirrors )
Mr Regan does not own the Devils, Mr Ragan does though. Let me guess that's a typo mistake as opposed to lack of knowledge of the subject your adding to.

You kinda hit the nail on the head, Mr Ragan is only renting the use of the rink, imagine the arena has enough interest to fill the arena to capacity on a weekend for most of the yr and Mr Ragan is struggling to place 1,000 bums on seats, which do you believe would get the prime time ?

The land owners are fully committed to the full scheme,which also includes the snow dome.(surprise,surprise) If you still have any doubt,go and look at the land and see the pilling foundations which have already been started to take the structure and foundations for the ice arena and snow dome.
Why do people believe building works cannot be stopped, altered or abandoned after they break ground. :RAWK

The owners of the land are basically you and me, its council land and Greenbank have been given a 999 yr lease on the land rent free as long as the projects in full complete.

The Snow Dome, a name never used for this project, the abandoned project in Weston Super Mare used that name. Planning and building work is not currently for the Ski Slope.

Make know mistake that this project will be compete with anything in Europe.It will be the best winter sports arena in the UK.
The Snow Dome will be the largest in Europe and the third largest in the world.(check that info out)
Do you think the land owners would plan such a scheme without carrying extensive research before paying thousands of pounds to get full planning.
We should all get behind this scheme.The POINT is happening NOW.
They will deliver the best winter sports arena in the UK and a magnificent venue for the Cardiff Devils to play hockey.
Cardiff Devils For ever..
The Ski Slope will be the UK's best, but it'll be in the worst part of the UK, South Wales having some of the lowest disposable income and in a country that does not have an airport serving any ski resorts, so the chances Mr and Mrs Thomas spending hundreds of £'s to ski on a 200m indoor slope is unlikely.

The Ski slope has been part of the councils plans for a decade, if it was profitable it would be up and running by now.

The Pointe is a housing scheme.

I hope they do, I really do and I'm frustrated they haven't the whole ISV is a white elephant, it could have been far far better, its just another badly handled mess.

Devils for ever, not for me, I don't care who is playing, I watch better hockey away from Wales and I never thought I would, but its the game I enjoy, I'd prefer to watch it in Wales in an amazing place that it could be and with an atmosphere of the old rink.

Fingers well and truly crossed. :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle
Weston-super-Mare*

Sorry I only just got round to reading all of this and all I can say is that I miss Juno.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk