Latest rink update

D

Deleted member 1337

Not sure what to think of that, is that blue there to stay? It looks good, but we don't play with any blue...

D

Deleted member 1337

elliswf said:
Not sure what to think of that, is that blue there to stay? It looks good, but we don't play with any blue...
I meant in the photo that philrowlands31 posted, and when i saw the rink yesterday, there seems to be vertical stripes,msome of which are blue (slightly diffuicult to see from the photo as looks to have been taken from distance). Unless that is also being covered then I'm just mistaken so sorry if that's the case

Have Hope#35

elliswf said:
elliswf said:
I meant in the photo that philrowlands31 posted, and when i saw the rink yesterday, there seems to be vertical stripes,msome of which are blue (slightly diffuicult to see from the photo as looks to have been taken from distance). Unless that is also being covered then I'm just mistaken so sorry if that's the case
The patterned cladding to the end (which will be constant on that elevation) probably had a blue protective film on it? The colours are or should be different tones of Grey to Black!?

Ocko

There was only one picture with a red exterior and that was only a very small area shown. Every picture had it as a grey/silver colour.

It was the interior with a fair bit of red, which it still might have for all we know.

thinking long term. I think the bit thats showing here will be the "ski slope" side. so maybe thats the colour scheme that side. the rink can be pink for all i care. Still looks great!

Ocko said:
There was only one picture with a red exterior and that was only a very small area shown. Every picture had it as a grey/silver colour.

It was the interior with a fair bit of red, which it still might have for all we know.
There have been several artist impressions, most now removed from the original sources. When the internals we see today on the IAW site where originally released there was also exterior ones, one showing the pathway alongside the red/grey building with the Devils logo.

Seen here.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice- ... ce-2033892

philrowlands31 said:
thinking long term. I think the bit thats showing here will be the "ski slope" side. so maybe thats the colour scheme that side. the rink can be pink for all i care. Still looks great!
No its the choice they made.

Whilst colour may not be important persa, if your unaware what it is you would struggle to be drawn to it.

I really don't get the logic of the whole project, well l understand to some that it's a headache, but doing it on the cheap and keeping the dam were stuck with it let's get rid attitude as opposed to let's make it "shine" and be proud.

Ocko

Read the first line of that article; 'a first look'. It was published a few weeks short of being three years ago and appears to have Max Birbraer's face on it, how disappointing it won't have that former player on it. Every picture since that once has been grey, for the past few years.

Also the roads glow orange in some artist designs, I will be disappointed if I'm not driving on a lava like road by the start of the new season!

The whole project has had several changes on nearly all aspects. Did you read SORAC's quote.

That's my point.

Imagine you ask a tailor for an outfit to rival lady Gaga and you get a boring, uninteresting grey pin stripe suit and what you wanted was far from what you told people.

chillee said:
The whole project has had several changes on nearly all aspects. Did you read SORAC's quote.

That's my point.

Imagine you ask a tailor for an outfit to rival lady Gaga and you get a boring, uninteresting grey pin stripe suit and what you wanted was far from what you told people.
Unsure as to whether the rink is a traditional contract or design and build, but assuming the latter it will have gone through no end of value engineering. Especially if the financially dependent, poorly designed, overly priced apartment sales are not selling as they should!

I actually quite like the design personally. Should look very smart when it's eventually finished. In the mean time i'm loving the team and season this year never mind the venue we play out of.

Finny

For those of us who go to games though it's what's inside and what's on the ice that matters most.

If Kelman and co can sellout a blinking blue tent with rubbish sight lines then the rest of the league should be scared thinking of what they will do with this place.

Finny

chillee said:
I really don't get the logic of the whole project, well l understand to some that it's a headache, but doing it on the cheap and keeping the dam were stuck with it let's get rid attitude as opposed to let's make it "shine" and be proud.
It's ok, we worked out that you don't understand it quite a while ago.

Clearly you think it could be improved. What have you done to act on those beliefs other than whine on a hockey forum 18 months too late?

Finny said:
chillee said:
It's ok, we worked out that you don't understand it quite a while ago.

Clearly you think it could be improved. What have you done to act on those beliefs other than whine on a hockey forum 18 months too late?
I've done nothing. Which is about the same as those that could have.

Finny

But everybody else is happy with what we are getting?

We weren't originally when Planet Ice wanted to build SkyDome II in a box. And SORAC worked hard to get those plans removed and a better, twinpad design instead. I really am struggling to work out whether you are trolling or just plain stupid.