New goal song

ASHIPP

We have a great history of Welsh music artists, Could the goal song be selected from them? Stereophonics, Manics, Superfurries, the Alarm, Catatonia, even Tom Jones. There must be something appropriate in that lot.

doron

if i was on the decks. id be doing one of these. lol just as well im not. i think they would be cool though.
Stakka Bo - Here We Go
Morgan Page - Fight For You
Megablast (Hip Hop on Precinct 13) (7" Mix) ( time stamp 320-339 )

New goal song? Have to say not a fan - It is too much like Block 13 chants. Personally don’t like it. Not convinced it needed changing in the first place, but acknowledge some may see the need for a change. If this is the best such people can come up with, then they don’t appear to listen to the Devils crowd or have a very varied or extensive knowledge of goal songs!

Samael

If this is the best such people can come up with, then they don’t appear to listen to the Devils crowd or have a very varied or extensive knowledge of goal songs!
Who is this even aimed at? People on here who have complained about the new song or Sullivan who l assume is the person who chose it?

Last edited:

Finny

Who is this even aimed at? People on here who have complained about the new song or Sullivan who l assume is the person who chose it?
Paul Sullivan has not been at any of the Devils games so far.
Based on his recent tweets I think he might have a new evening job that would clash with games?

Samael

Paul Sullivan has not been at any of the Devils games so far.
Based on his recent tweets I think he might have a new evening job that would clash with games?
Fair enough. I'll let him off.

It's his fault we had to endure status quo for god knows how long though and l don't forgive or forget such musical villainy.

Samael

I was in clwb ifor bach on womanby st about 25 yrs ago (because l'm so anti Welsh, apparently) and Nicky Wire was sat at the bar on the top floor. I asked him for a pen as the barman was in the stockroom and the arrogant toss pot said 'sorry l don't sign autographs' , l was like 'you what? I'm trying to write down someone's number....' He necked his pint and walked downstairs probably, feeling stupid.

The_Stick_

That isn’t justifying the choice (despite me being in the small minority that likes it) that’s purely showing that it can be a very effective goal song when everyone is on board