New goal song

Pembo

I was chatting to the guy who does the tunes for the Blaze and the guy doing the tunes for the layoff weekend. Seems relatively small pool of safe tunes that people are used to and limited genre choices. Apparently rock and dance (with a bias towards 80/90's due to demographics) tend to be seen as safe. I think with something as subjective of music and people being pretty swift to complain these days going for hockey game estate established tunes is what ends up happening. It makes it hard to break from convention. That said if anyone wants to collaborate on trying to design a pumping, bespoke goal celebration banger I'm up for it!

moggy#9

Anyone remember the WNIR good old days when a goal song wasn’t even required!

Maybe worth trying a few games without one, I’m sure it would be better.
Came here to say pretty much the same thing.

To be honest if prefer is to focus more on getting the info for goals and penalties on the screens.

While we're at it, regular updates to out of town scores would be cool.

moggy#9

I was chatting to the guy who does the tunes for the Blaze and the guy doing the tunes for the layoff weekend. Seems relatively small pool of safe tunes that people are used to and limited genre choices. Apparently rock and dance (with a bias towards 80/90's due to demographics) tend to be seen as safe. I think with something as subjective of music and people being pretty swift to complain these days going for hockey game estate established tunes is what ends up happening. It makes it hard to break from convention. That said if anyone wants to collaborate on trying to design a pumping, bespoke goal celebration banger I'm up for it!
Yeah, I remember back in the WNIR someone decided to start playing (c)rap music. Thankfully it was wildly unpopular and there following week we were back to proper music.

Samael

I'd also be good with just a goal horn, let the crowd then fill the gap after the horn stops.

As much as the hey baby song has been derided, has any one considered that the team may have requested it or even like it. It's unlikely l know, but it is something that should be considered. They could play spice girls and l wouldn't care if it was requested by the ccs line and or Reid and Martin and we were sticking it to Nottingham Belfast and Shuff on the regular.

E.D.S.

Would be nice if the club opened it up to the fans so they could maybe vote online as to what is preferred.
That could end in tears, remember Boaty Mc Boatface?! That's what happens when you let the internet decide. We'd probably end up with 'Lily the Pink' or something equally as bad. I am surprised we don't tend to hear much Stereophonics but then again there will be someone on here who hates them. It's a thankless task.

I get why the club changed it to Hey Baby! given the usual chant but it won't be for everyone. The problem you have is that whether you liked the current Quo song or not, people accepted it. It was our goal song. Changing it now just brings out this discussion. You won't win whatever the outcome.

kingmo19.1

That could end in tears, remember Boaty Mc Boatface?! That's what happens when you let the internet decide. We'd probably end up with 'Lily the Pink' or something equally as bad. I am surprised we don't tend to hear much Stereophonics but then again there will be someone on here who hates them. It's a thankless task.

I get why the club changed it to Hey Baby! given the usual chant but it won't be for everyone. The problem you have is that whether you liked the current Quo song or not, people accepted it. It was our goal song. Changing it now just brings out this discussion. You won't win whatever the outcome.
Apologies, I didn’t really explain my post properly, let me try again…. Maybe if the club offered say 4-5 reasonable options with the old song being one of them plus a no music option then 3 other choices, they’d get an opinion of what might be popular and could use that for a season to trial it.