Okay do you need some questions answered

Sheincar

I asked Shannon & Paul about this tonight. Shannon's answer was no decision had been made yet but would be before the end of the year!! I reminded him this was the last league game & we were told it would be for the playoff game now announced for Saturday.Apparently club not happy as "if we do it for you we'll have to do it for every season ticket holder"!!! Well yes - if they missed the Belfast game then of course the club must do something, after all we missed the game due to the club's inefficincies. Shannon told me they are now looking at a Flex ticket for next season - which I told him I find unacceptable. Paul's attitude is that nothing's been decided - even though all this was months ago. Not a happy bunny at all.

Sheincar said:
I asked Shannon & Paul about this tonight. Shannon's answer was no decision had been made yet but would be before the end of the year!! I reminded him this was the last league game & we were told it would be for the playoff game now announced for Saturday.Apparently club not happy as "if we do it for you we'll have to do it for every season ticket holder"!!! Well yes - if they missed the Belfast game then of course the club must do something, after all we missed the game due to the club's inefficincies. Shannon told me they are now looking at a Flex ticket for next season - which I told him I find unacceptable. Paul's attitude is that nothing's been decided - even though all this was months ago. Not a happy bunny at all.
If thats the case I will not be going next week, I am STILL waiting a reply from Shannon and think its disgusting. I would have liked to see my hockey friends before the end of the season, never mind. A flex ticket for next season is no good as at this rate I won't be going next season, its a shambles along with other things

Wannabe2

Thread starter #23
Could i just ask who the initial person was, that said a play-off ticket would be the compensation for the Belfast Fiasco please.

Diafol

Wannabe2 said:
Could i just ask who the initial person was, that said a play-off ticket would be the compensation for the Belfast Fiasco please.
After the "game which never was" for many of us on Nov 15th, this was printed in the programme on Nov 22nd:

"Suffice to say this has never happened before, and frankly I hope it never happens again. I, along with quite a few, finally decided that it was simply too late to bring the 2 year old to a game. I'm glad to hear, from the comments made at the ST forum on Monday that the club is considering ways of transferring the ST to a non-ST game."

I then spoke to Shannon on 5/12/09 at the Edinburgh game as I didn't want to book CC semi-final tickets without checking first, and posted on this thread the following week:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2003&p=29252#p29252

"I spoke to Shannon about this last week before booking my tickets.

He said that the CC semi-final would not be covered by the season ticket in this case but that the club were looking into making the first home game of the playoffs the replacement game for those of us who were affected."

I've heard nothing since, and neither, it seems, has anyone else.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #25
Diafol said:
Wannabe2 said:
After the "game which never was" for many of us on Nov 15th, this was printed in the programme on Nov 22nd:

"Suffice to say this has never happened before, and frankly I hope it never happens again. I, along with quite a few, finally decided that it was simply too late to bring the 2 year old to a game. I'm glad to hear, from the comments made at the ST forum on Monday that the club is considering ways of transferring the ST to a non-ST game."

I then spoke to Shannon on 5/12/09 at the Edinburgh game as I didn't want to book CC semi-final tickets without checking first, and posted on this thread the following week:

He said that the CC semi-final would not be covered by the season ticket in this case but that the club were looking into making the first home game of the playoffs the replacement game for those of us who were affected."

There isnt anything in the proggy dated Nov 22nd to suggest there would be free tickets for play-off game, as consolation for missing Belfast game. I am not knocking you but need solid facts as to who made this comment. So your info is that it was said at the ST Meeting is that correct

Sheincar

Wannabe2 said:
Diafol said:
Wannabe2 said:

There isnt anything in the proggy dated Nov 22nd to suggest there would be free tickets for play-off game, as consolation for missing Belfast game. I am not knocking you but need solid facts as to who made this comment. So your info is that it was said at the ST Meeting is that correct
I asked the question at the ST forum and was told by Shannon that club was looking into doing something later in the season. I then phoned Shannon on 7 December to ask if the CC game would be the "later in the season " game & was told no they were looking at doing the playoff game. Which now seems to have turned into a Flex for next season - possibly- maybe :x I know at ST forum a number of ST holders seemed put out that I'd asked the question but they attended the game & I couldn't. Had I bought a ticket for the Belfast game I would have had a refund. All I'm asking for is a replacement game for the one I couldn't attend because of the late face off. Not unreasonable surely. So you can see that I have spoken to Shannon several times about this and am getting no further forward. Hope that's sufficdient explanation.

Sheincar

Just really fed up with the whole thing and the complete lack of interest from the club. They've had my money & that's all they care about. I should know better than expect Shannon to do anything really!!

I doubt anything will ever be done for the Belfast game or any other game for that matter, as a season ticket holder myself I was expecting 3 replacement tickets for the Ill fated Belfast game but I’m not holding my breath. I have also been waiting over 4 weeks for a £120 refund under the cash back scheme for unused tickets and before anyone asks yes I did 1) fill in the forms 2) give over 2 weeks notice. Luckily on the clubs past track record opted to send the forms recorded delivery and get a signature for their receipt. Since then I have endured umpteen unreturned calls/messages.

So my question is why are the current paying season ticket holders being treat with such disrespect when the club are supposedly trying to increase the ST holder numbers?

Because they are too busy trying to get new fans and don't give a rats arse about current ST holders !

Agree with Sheincar

As I've said before I have sent an email to Shannon and have still not had a reply, I am so disgusted

Diafol

I sent an email yesterday about this, and have received the following reply:

I would like to confirm that the Play-Off game this weekend will not be free to those ticket holders who missed the game.

As a gesture of good will for the late face-off against Belfast earlier in the season, the club will be issuing a flex ticket to all current season ticket holders for use at any game next season. Details of this are yet to be officially announced, and will be provided online shortly.

I trust this answers your query.

Er... if you already have a season ticket then surely you're covered for any game ?
Unless they mean for next year's playoffs ?

Wannabe2 said:

Am 99.9% sure Matt Burge posted in the 'news' section on cardiffdevils.com that this was going to happen - perhaps not the 'play off' ticket but certainly he wanted, at the time, to compensate ST holders who were unable to make the fiasco game. (Remember a few weeks previous to the Belfast fiasco there was another very late start - whereby some ST and others left early as their kids were with them). I believed at the time that Matt was probably embarrassed by whole scenario.

At the time I presumed it would be the remaining upcoming challenge cup game but was told by someone in the office that it would be the play off home game instead.

Last night Brent confirmed during a telephone call that it was now going to be the flex ticket compensation! mmmmmmm

It's still a game for free and one the club will be able to budget for. They will have budgeted to receive x amount for the playoff game this year and to lose that may hit the running costs for the off season.

At least now they'll know next year they'll be able to budget for x number of flex tickets when working out how much there is to spend.

Sheincar

OK some random thoughts:

All current season ticket holders will get a flex ticket for next year - including those who made it to the late game?

Are we going to have all this hassle next year when we try to use it - presumably as Diafol says against the playoff game in 12 months time or possibly some pre-season exhibition team. After all it's taken 4 months to get to this position.

Why on earth has Brent had to sort out this mess?

This is not a free ticket - this is compensation for the game missed due to the club's incompetance.

It's not free then but you are still getting the match back that you missed. A flexticket can be used for any game so once it has been given you can use it when you like.

I guess it'd have to be given to all ST holders as they couldn't tell who left before the game started.

Diafol said:

I would like to confirm that the Play-Off game this weekend will not be free to those ticket holders who missed the game.

As a gesture of good will for the late face-off against Belfast earlier in the season, the club will be issuing a flex ticket to all current season ticket holders for use at any game next season. Details of this are yet to be officially announced, and will be provided online shortly.

Er... if you already have a season ticket then surely you're covered for any game ?
I emailed Shannon on the 17th of Feb and still haven't had a reply ! Out of interest who did you email ?

I will be cheering them on from home then if thats the case, absolutely disgusting

NOISYGIRL said:
Diafol said:

I emailed Shannon on the 17th of Feb and still haven't had a reply ! Out of interest who did you email ?

I will be cheering them on from home then if thats the case, absolutely disgusting
I might have missed something, apologies if I have, what's disgusting?

Bluedevil i think you are missing the point. Current season ticket holders this year were orignally told they would get there playoff ticket free as this is a ticket they have to pay for.

So to get a flexiticket for a game next season even though they will have a season ticket, means the club will waiting until March next year when all season ticket holders will be able to use there flexiticket

simon responds very quickly, i emailed him this morning about whether a flex ticket purchased this season would still be valid next season and he emailed back in a matter of hours.