Okay do you need some questions answered

It could be used for any other non season ticket games. Later cup rounds, challenge matches etc.

I understand the frustration but if the club don't feel they can afford to take that hit this year, does everyone want to see us in financial difficulty over the summer?

In the long run noone is out of pocket, inconvenienced yes i'll admit, but personally i'd rather see a stable club!

This is conjecture on my part, but taking a financial loss this close to year end can seriously affect forward planning in all businesses!

and so it goes on!

Firstly I just want to say I have already bought my tickets for saturday as I kinda figured that the 'offer' was going to be a broken promise and I don't want to see anyone else sitting in 'my' seat!!!

I would just like to make it clear I wasn't, if there ever was any ;) , one of the fans who requested to be 'compensated' - I was/am a 'fan' who was offered a goodwill gesture and tried to take up that offer.

I am not a 'business minded' person but can figure that everyone wants to make a profit before end of financial year and cant afford to take a mass drop in earnings etc but also I would have thought a good sound business would have contingency plans in place for the unknown happenings?

Anyway we really aren't going to get any further on this matter so hockey goes on...............see you all Saturday! T

Diafol

Wannabe2 said:
God this is so confusing, i wasnt told that my play-off ticket would be free, if i was a season ticket holder.
From my point of view, I turned up at the game having been in Swansea all day with no net access, so had no idea face-off was delayed.
I arrived at the rink at 5pm, only to be told that face-off was likely to be at 9pm, or perhaps even later.
With two kids in tow, who had school the following day, there was no way I could have stayed as it would have meant hanging around for 4 hours doing nothing and getting home at approximately 1am.
I made the hour's journey home, and even considered coming back down to Cardiff on my own, but eventually decided against it, it had been a long day.

The rest of the story has already been detailed in this thread.

Having had a family season ticket for several years which has put quite a few quid into the club's coffers, not to mention the jerseys I have sponsored / bought, programmes, 50/50 or SOHB etc, then surely the club can allow me a ticket for missing a game I've already paid for, which was no fault of my own ? (Yes I know other people do the same, before anyone protests).

Finny

andydevils said:
Bluedevil i think you are missing the point. Current season ticket holders this year were orignally told they would get there playoff ticket free as this is a ticket they have to pay for.

So to get a flexiticket for a game next season even though they will have a season ticket, means the club will waiting until March next year when all season ticket holders will be able to use there flexiticket
Current season ticket holders were never told they would get their playoff ticket free. Or do you mean the original season ticket offer before Manchester and Basginstoke dropped out?

I don't think the season ticket next season covers all the CC group games. So the flex ticket can be used for that, or a later CC game if we make it further, or maybe even a playoff game.

Sheincar

Finny said:
andydevils said:
Bluedevil i think you are missing the point. Current season ticket holders this year were orignally told they would get there playoff ticket free as this is a ticket they have to pay for.

So to get a flexiticket for a game next season even though they will have a season ticket, means the club will waiting until March next year when all season ticket holders will be able to use there flexiticket
Current season ticket holders were never told they would get their playoff ticket free. Or do you mean the original season ticket offer before Manchester and Basginstoke dropped out?

I don't think the season ticket next season covers all the CC group games. So the flex ticket can be used for that, or a later CC game if we make it further, or maybe even a playoff game.
But those ST holders who missed the late face off game WERE told that they would get a ticket for a game later in the season. Shannon did say they would try to do something for the playoff game.

rhysee said:
and so it goes on!

Firstly I just want to say I have already bought my tickets for saturday as I kinda figured that the 'offer' was going to be a broken promise and I don't want to see anyone else sitting in 'my' seat!!!

I would just like to make it clear I wasn't, if there ever was any ;) , one of the fans who requested to be 'compensated' - I was/am a 'fan' who was offered a goodwill gesture and tried to take up that offer.

I am not a 'business minded' person but can figure that everyone wants to make a profit before end of financial year and cant afford to take a mass drop in earnings etc but also I would have thought a good sound business would have contingency plans in place for the unknown happenings?

Anyway we really aren't going to get any further on this matter so hockey goes on...............see you all Saturday! T
Well they won't be making a profit off me cos I aint going, they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I prefer to give my money to Tylor

bluedevil said:
But you've got your refund, just alittle later than you wanted? Surely that's not a reason not to support your team?
There's other issues not just this, but this has contributed, so its my personal choice.

I will be supporting them just not physically in the building :D I could bang my drum from the car park I suppose :shock:

DevilDom

NOISYGIRL said:
bluedevil said:
But you've got your refund, just alittle later than you wanted? Surely that's not a reason not to support your team?
There's other issues not just this, but this has contributed, so its my personal choice.

I will be supporting them just not physically in the building :D I could bang my drum from the car park I suppose :shock:
I understand your frustrations, but sorry, to me this really seems like your cutting your nose off to spite your face.

If you read the statement put out by the devils:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/Newsheadline.aspx?cpid=731

The explanation and reasons for the decision seem very reasonable to me. In all reallity they don't have to give you anything, but have chosen to.

The club is not a charity. Would you prefer they suffered a big drop in forecast sales from this game by giving all season ticket holders a free ticket but could not afford to secure the players they want over the summer period? I'm sure you wouldn't.

We all need to get behind the team as I feel we are the underdogs for the playoff matches. Every person is needed - come to support Tylor and the rest of the boys if that makes you feel better.

I also think the offer is a very reasonable one, it's just a shame it's taken this long to get sorted. The League used to take a percentage of the gate receipts for the play-off games as they were responsible for players wages. (This was when there were 10 teams in the league and therefore two teams didn't make it, all players contracts were until the end of the League season, excluding play-off games)
This may well have changed this season with all teams qualifying because there is only 8, however if it hasn't, then the League would still expect their percentage of gate receipts irrespective, which would be a big hit for the club.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #56
NOISYGIRL said:
bluedevil said:

I think you should still come on Saturday, i understand your frustrations but you are a true fan, and love supporting your club, put this issue behind you and come down, see your friends, shout for the lads after all they are what its about. Its a big big game, come on we will all miss you otherwise, its the last home game of the season, and you should be there, honestly. ;)

A

Anonymous

Noisygirl

Excuse me for sticking my nose in, but the guys are right, you dont want the game to pass and regret not going. Get ya arse down there girl and shout/sing like a trooper !!

Diafol

Anyone who's read this thread will know how cheesed off I've been over this issue, but nothing will stop me being there on Saturday.

LET'S GO DEVILS !!!

DevilDom

Diafol said:
Anyone who's read this thread will know how cheesed off I've been over this issue, but nothing will stop me being there on Saturday.

LET'S GO DEVILS !!!
Well done you!

We can't let anything subtract from the support the guys will need. Its going to be a really tough ask to get past the steelers.