Panthers v Devils - 07/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Panthers v Devils - 07/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

AMAZING result!, ALL devils put a HELL OF A SHIFT IN!
can't wait for tonights game!,
AND, CHRIS FRANK take a bow you absoulote legend! :D :D

The thing about Frank is for a guy who loves a scrap he isnt especially big. Just a bit nuts
He's 6'1'' and 230lbs... joint heaviest tough guy in the league, with only Voth matching Frank... In fact he is in the top % of players in terms of weight in the EIHL this season.. the average weight of a player in the league being 202lbs.. His height at 6'1'' should not be a problem either as in this years league apart from Voth and Sladok who are both 6'5'', there's not too many really tall heavyweights in the league either...

Here's the weights and height of the tough guys in the league this season..

Matt Suderman 6'3'' 235lbs -- never played due to injury
Brad Voth 6'5'' 230lbs
Chris Frank 6'1'' 230lbs
Colt King 6'2'' 225lbs
Jozef Sladok 6'5'' 220lbs
Brennan Turner 6'3'' 220lbs
Gui Lepine 6'4'' 217lbs
Derek Campbell 6'1'' 205lbs
Gerald Adams 5'11 205lbs
Adam Keefe 5'10'' 200lbs
Kyle Bruce 6'0'' 195lbs
Bryan Jurynec 5'11'' 195lbs

wildthing74

Awesome battling performance and the result certainly shot down my 7-1 Panthers prediction I gave my Nottingham mate who sat with us :lol:
The team played with 110% commitment and even they young lads did not look out of place against a more experienced line.
Standouts for me worth special mention was obviously Stevie who played as well as I have seen him.Pierce who worked his stones off and gave us lots of breathers by carrying the puck up into their zone to give our boys some rest.Stuuu was a barbarian out there and never seemed to be off the ice and won many important draws.For me the guy who was my MOM was Frank.The guy put his body on the line all night and inspired everybody around him.He stepped up for team mates twice,first battering Lee but getting edged by Lepine.
Panthers fans will say it different as it was their only cause for cheer all night but the fight wasn't that great.Both got a few in but Lepine's extra height meant he was able to hold frank off and it was over pretty quickly.I'm proud of Frank,proud of the rest if the team but proud to be a Devils fan.Oh yeah and we even won the chanting.Nice to take them down off the ice too!

For my first away game, I picked a frickin' good one! Not only was I blown away from the stadium, I thought we would be over-shadowed by the Panthers chants. I couldn't be anymore wrong! Considering they're a Panthers Nation and loud and proud of the team, they didn't show it at all unless they scored, the DJ told them to sing, a fight happened or something didn't go their way. Quite disappointed considering there were over 5000 of them. Only just got my voice back and it's gone again because of last night.

Panthers did keep the puck in our zone for most of the game but the lucky chances we got to get the puck into their zone was brilliant. We gave it our all everywhere on the ice. Our defence were fantastic and Stevie, wow! What a goalie indeed! In all honesty I thought Stevie would have got MoM but still pleased Jeff got it, he played amazingly well once again and pretty sure he shared words with one of the Panthers at one point. Chris looked after his team too, when Ben got checked and G got the stick to the mouth. About the blood everyone is going on about, it was all G's I reckon. Frank and Lepine's fight was nothing really. One or two punches got thrown in the mix but nothing else, couldn't see any blood on those two. Surprised the ref didn't call anything considering G didn't get up and blood appeared. I think the medic was there as the whistle blew and that was only because Chris took a swing at Lepine.

The Panthers did give it their all but I could sense something was missing from them, I don't know what but they weren't the team we normally see in the BBT. Today I'm so excited for tonights game, Panthers will be back for revenge and I can imagine a lot more of their fans will decide to travel today after last nights game.
It'll be good to see Matzka tonight so let's get those two points again and make it a birthday treat for Frank!

Gazza272

oneill said:
The thing about Frank is for a guy who loves a scrap he isnt especially big. Just a bit nuts
He's 6'1'' and 230lbs... joint heaviest tough guy in the league, with only Voth matching Frank... In fact he is in the top % of players in terms of weight in the EIHL this season.. the average weight of a player in the league being 202lbs.. His height at 6'1'' should not be a problem either as in this years league apart from Voth and Sladok who are both 6'5'', there's not too many really tall heavyweights in the league either...

Brad Voth 6'5'' 230lbs
Chris Frank 6'1'' 230lbs
Colt King 6'2'' 225lbs
Gui Lepine 6'4'' 217lbs
Gerald Adams 5'11 205lbs
Adam Keefe 5'10'' 200lbs
Kyle Bruce 6'0'' 195lbs
When did Frank get weighed for those stats though? It's easy to pluck them from the net, but HockeyDB for example only ever took weight from the players Junior Days.

I'll go with what I see with my own eyes thanks, and thats that to me Frank looks smaller than most guys he fights.

Finny

With so many players out, what lines did we use?

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #47

These aren't necessarily in order, i'm not sure we actually had 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines, but from what I can remember, and looking at what I sent through for MNL we had...

Hill, Macrae and Pierce

Sam Smith, Dobben and Adams

Burrows, Davies and Piggot

The starting D pairing was Richardson and Batch, I think Frank and Vanderveeken also played together leaving K Smith playing with random people I think.

The D pairings seemed to change as the game went on, and once we lost Adams I can't remember how the lines were mixed up again sorry :S

rolf

Frank comfortably beat Lee despite slipping at the end giving Lee an apparent take down leastways that's what the locals believed. When he went with Lepine both threw about 3 punches with Lepine being the only one to land with his second which did mark Frank on his left side forehead.
He has been smaller than all of his previous fight partners except for Lee whom he comfortably slapped about quite a bit.

Ocko

oneill said:

Brad Voth 6'5'' 230lbs
Chris Frank 6'1'' 230lbs
Colt King 6'2'' 225lbs
Gui Lepine 6'4'' 217lbs
Gerald Adams 5'11 205lbs
Adam Keefe 5'10'' 200lbs
Kyle Bruce 6'0'' 195lbs
Your stats just bored me to death but regardless of that Lepine had a considerable reach difference. Interesting to see that you say that at 6'1'' height shouldnt make a difference... What do you base this on? Ask any boxing or martial arts expert and they'll tell you every little bit of height and weight difference makes a considerable difference.

In all fairness though watching that back it isnt the loss I thought, I would call it a draw maybe an edge to Lepine. But nothing was missed in the clip apart from the square off, the way Panthers fans are going on you'd think Frank would've needed a blood transfusion!

Your stats just bored me to death but regardless of that Lepine had a considerable reach difference. Interesting to see that you say that at 6'1'' height shouldnt make a difference... What do you base this on? Ask any boxing or martial arts expert and they'll tell you every little bit of height and weight difference makes a considerable difference.
Makes no difference to good fighters, especially in a hockey fight that normally last less than a minute.... Jeremy Yablonski is 6'1'', yet he destroys much bigger guys on a regular basis because he's a good heavyweight fighter same as Steve Bosse who at 6'0'' KO'd Sean McMorrow and had easy wins over many guys much bigger than him.... Jon Mirasy 5'10'', Louis Bedard 5'10'', Paul Ferone 5'11'' all smaller guys but all very good fighters...

Ocko

There are always exceptions and not every fighter is in the same class as Bosse or Mirasty the vast majority of fighters in any sport with combat height and reach are some of the most key factors. To say it makes no difference is ridiculous, I think you are looking at a few facts about isolated incidents again.

jimmy snels

Ocko said:
There are always exceptions and not every fighter is in the same class as Bosse or Mirasty the vast majority of fighters in any sport with combat height and reach are some of the most key factors. To say it makes no difference is ridiculous, I think you are looking at a few facts about isolated incidents again.
agreed mate, although there are some isolated exceptions in combat sports a good big one will 99% beat a good little one. david haye was a brilliant cruiser weight but he was never going to beat kiltchko to use boxing as an example. thats why they have weight classes. and why frank being some what smaller is a disadvantage in these duel. lepine wouldnt know what to do if voth had a head fit and started unloading and he's not even a particulary a good big fighter

Paul Sullivan

I am a fan of the old boxing phrase about 'a good big 'un will beat a good little 'un', but there is a decent reason to ignore height and weight.

He's called TIe Domi :)

jimmy snels

Paul Sullivan said:
I am a fan of the old boxing phrase about 'a good big 'un will beat a good little 'un', but there is a decent reason to ignore height and weight.

He's called TIe Domi :)
a very isolated exception :lol: :lol: :lol: