Panthers v Devils

Devilsatw

It’s the conceding goals that’s the problem.
Going forward I think we have enough power but I would definately get a stay at home d man Or change tactics somehow To help us not concede much

august04

It’s never easy to win in Nottingham so it’s a good 2 points. But this is a poor Panthers team and we should expect more than a split weekend - much tougher tests to come and then we’ll know where we are.

osh

Good effort to come back from 3-1 down. Looking forward to seeing the highlights. Never write the Devils off
yes, have to agree with you. Any win after last nights farcical performance will be good momentum for the players to take forward. Not the end of the world splitting the weekend with Panthers but a home loss is always tough to take against a poor Panthers outfit ( and we were poorer last night which is an ongoing concern ) so credit the players for bouncing back tonight.

terry hunt

I didn't see yesterday's match (which I gather was awful) but did it look like we were fatigued? Or short of confidence? Or just not gelling? Our schedule has been brutal recently and we do have an ageing roster...coupled with the fact that we were run ragged against Frolunda, playing at an insane pace which we aren't used to makes me wonder if our legs are dead as such?! Seems our form has sunk a little in any case and would be nice to hear reports of us playing more physical...but that's counter productive to preserving energy.
In my opinion Yes,Yes and Yes.

E.D.S.

I’m not a doom monger or a happy clapper but don’t get carried away with this performance. It was bad. The Panthers offered nothing. Couldnt exit their zone properly, couldn’t cycle the puck, offensively were poor. My fear is that our results will soon start to reflect our performances and capability. I feel like we’ve been scraping by at times. I do feel changes are needed. I don’t think it one player or a stay at home d man either. There needs to be a a few more changes. Players simply aren’t performing.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #53
When you say scraping about at times, can you elaborate please. We all know Panthers ain’t great, how many changes are needed in your opinion.

Kevlar68

Whats the average of our team? I know class is timeless but maybe we need some young speed demons and bigger physical players when next season comes around. I like our team now if i'm being honest.

I'm following from afar at the moment since friendlies began but will be in the arena in 2 weeks time thank god

E.D.S.

When you say scraping about at times, can you elaborate please. We all know Panthers ain’t great, how many changes are needed in your opinion.
I’d Change three players
Scraping by I mean, dropping to other teams standards. Basic tape to tape. We are a big team and we haven’t executed. Defensively as a team we are weak and slow. Our set plays look laboured. The powerplays are static.

Ocko

The whole replacing players thing is only a discussion if suitable replacements are available. Two of our signings definitely weren’t first or second choice in the summer and we missed out on the main targets (and that’s just two I know of). That tells me the market isn’t good. I’ll await the usual training camps have finished etc response but that isn’t as straight forward as it used to be either and if they aren’t cutting it at getting a low line roster spot at AHL level then they probably aren’t going to be the impact players we want.

E.D.S.

The whole replacing players thing is only a discussion if suitable replacements are available. Two of our signings definitely weren’t first or second choice in the summer and we missed out on the main targets (and that’s just two I know of). That tells me the market isn’t good. I’ll await the usual training camps have finished etc response but that isn’t as straight forward as it used to be either and if they aren’t cutting it at getting a low line roster spot at AHL level then they probably aren’t going to be the impact players we want.
Fair point but some of the players we have aren’t suitable. Got to caveat with.... what the hell do i know? For all I know the players could be carrying injuries. Lord could be delighted with them and seeing them executing his plan and they need more time. I don’t know anything but I also don’t expect everyone to score 40 goals a season but I expect basics. Big men to hit, power forward to be a power forward, star offensive players to at least hit the target from 5 yards out. Just the basics. Match basics with effort and we’re on to something but we should be aiming and receiving more than that.

Diablo3

I know last night wasn't pretty, but look at our league position, we have two games in had on the Steelers and only two points behind. Lordo was much happier with the team tonight, so don't give up just yet. BTW Pope's and Haddad's goals were worthy of winning any game.

I still think we are carrying injuries, Blair, Joey and Mike are all below par (for them) and we are missing Benti. I think this is forcing Lordo to switch the lines much as we would like to get some line stability.