Panthers Vs Devils - League - 30th Oct 22 - 16:00 FO

august04 2.0

The really, really frustrating thing for me is that, (along with a couple of other forum regulars) I could look back on my posts regarding last season’s problems and I could "cut and paste" them en masse and they would still be relevant!

I think it’s beyond this team’s capabilities to string together any sort of consistent form needed to win the league so i just hope the Flames can win in it our absence and deny Belfast and Sheffield!
Spot on. The Devils management seem to have learned nothing from last year and then incredibly for me, gambled with a rookie coaching set up. All we heard was how the players loved playing for DuPont, well they’re not exactly showing it so far this season, unless it’s the hockey equivalent of a holiday camp. I don’t want a coach who’s friendly with the players. I want someone who can read them the riot act and cut those who are underperforming. Why should players who don’t perform expect to have a job for the season? We’ve become too soft as an organisation to the point where one or two are taking the piss.

Kevlar68

I have confidence in our owners, I have confidence in Todd, I do not have confidence in this team.
We gave kozun the chance he has earned I have to say and now where do we go?
We have no character, no stand outs and no tactics. I have no answers.
We need each and every player to stand up, give 100% and at the end of it say truly they gave it their all.

TL91

I have confidence in our owners, I have confidence in Todd, I do not have confidence in this team.
We gave kozun the chance he has earned I have to say and now where do we go?
We have no character, no stand outs and no tactics. I have no answers.
We need each and every player to stand up, give 100% and at the end of it say truly they gave it their all.
I didn’t see the game tonight but sounds again like we hung Kozun out with all the shots on goal? Be interested to hear someone’s thoughts who saw it.

kingmo19.1

I think Todd was put in a really difficult position last season with us winning the playoffs. He kind of had to appoint DuPont for this season.

If we hadn’t won the playoffs, I wonder if DuPont would be here as coach.

It was a strange one having gone from the worlds longest recruitment campaign ever known to man (for Skalde) to probably the shortest in terms of appointing DuPont.

I hope he comes good and turns it around, But I do fear with the continual line tinkering and lack of identity and consistency his appointment might come back to bite us.

jenks33

The really, really frustrating thing for me is that, (along with a couple of other forum regulars) I could look back on my posts regarding last season’s problems and I could "cut and paste" them en masse and they would still be relevant!

I think it’s beyond this team’s capabilities to string together any sort of consistent form needed to win the league so i just hope the Flames can win in it our absence and deny Belfast and Sheffield!
Agreed. I’ve always suspected we re-signed too many of last seasons roster. We probably had the best goalie in the league and we still finished 14 points behind the winners. 13/14 re-signings + 3 players that had played here in the past just didn’t seem right to me. I’m all for bringing a core group back but they have to be good enough. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I don’t think Dupont had confidence in this roster from day one this season.

TL91

I think Todd was put in a really difficult position last season with us winning the playoffs. He kind of had to appoint DuPont for this season.

It was a strange one having gone from the worlds longest recruitment campaign ever known to man (for Skalde) to probably the shortest in terms of appointing DuPont.

I hope he comes good and turns it around, But I do fear with the continual line tinkering and lack of identity and consistency his appointment might come back to bite us.
I’m sure Todd said that prior to the play off win he wanted to go with DuPont, so it may not be down to that. I could be wrong though! Sure it was in the interview with him just after DuPont was announced.

august04 2.0

Agreed. I’ve always suspected we re-signed too many of last seasons roster. We probably had the best goalie in the league and we still finished 14 points behind the winners. 13/14 re-signings + 3 players that had played here in the past just didn’t seem right to me. I’m all for bringing a core group back but they have to be good enough. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t think Dupont had confidence in this roster from day one this season.
Well as head coach if he feels he doesn’t have the players he needs, he has to make tough decisions and demands on the management/ownership to make sure they get them in and pronto, while there is still time to make a difference. There’s no Covid excuses anymore.

TK took the easy way out by appointing DuPont saving yet another long search for a new coach , just because he won the playoffs he shouldn’t have become head coach he’s a rookie and there are plenty of experience coaches out there maybe with the recruiting and coach this season we might win nothing except 3rd or 4 th place in the league at best

jenks33

Well as head coach if he feels he doesn’t have the players he needs, he has to make tough decisions and demands on the management/ownership to make sure they get them in and pronto, while there is still time to make a difference. There’s no Covid excuses anymore.
That play off win definitely clouded our judgment when it came to recruitment for this season. We won 3 out of 4 games and Guildford should have beaten us in the semis in my opinion.

Wannabe2

Panthers had 7 put past them last night by the mighty Steelers, showing how crap Panthers are, their rink is like a Mausoleum.This team is certainly heading towards our worse line up for years, lousy thing to say but 10 of this lot could be gone by the morning , losing and playing well is certainly acceptable but losing and playing like cardboard cut outs is unforgivable. But nothing will change we are stuck with this shower unfortunately.

lloyd_jeff

They blamed Skalde, really, the person who should be taking responsibility is that person who picked up last years squad and retained the majority & added equally crap additions. That can’t be Skalde, he’s no longer here, so whos the fall guy this yr, Dupont, absolutely not as he is in his first roll, he’d struggle with a quality squad, if Skalde with his experience couldn’t get these guys to play, Dupont then is this yrs excuse. Maybe time start calling Todd Teflon Todd, seems nothing sticks on him.

kingmo19.1

Get em in for 5am and bag skate them until they puke!

Can’t beat a bit of old school punishment!

That quickly becomes a motivating factor for those that can’t be arsed in games to significantly up their contribution!

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Get em in for 5am and bag skate them until they puke!

Can’t beat a bit of old school punishment!
Calgary Flames won 5 on the trot recently...their coach Darryl Sutter wasn't happy with some elements so had the players in the following day for the toughest, longest training session they've experienced in preparation for their next game (against Penguins). It happens with the best teams.