Prpich released...

osh

Rempel16 said:
I think what we need is the announcement of a signing (if there is one) to be made this week so that we can begin to move on.
I don't think the management need to announce a signing just to please those of us who post on this forum. I don't particularly mind when an announcement is made just as long as when we qannounce signings they are players who will contribute to a successful season. Whilst I'm not G's biggest fan, he is the man entrusted to deliver the goods and I'm really hoping for a change in our fortunes this coming season.

Rempel16

osh said:
Rempel16 said:
I think what we need is the announcement of a signing (if there is one) to be made this week so that we can begin to move on.
I don't think the management need to announce a signing just to please those of us who post on this forum. I don't particularly mind when an announcement is made just as long as when we qannounce signings they are players who will contribute to a successful season. Whilst I'm not G's biggest fan, he is the man entrusted to deliver the goods and I'm really hoping for a change in our fortunes this coming season.
I guess we will just continue the negativity that this has generated then, after the excitement that the beginning of the off-season brought.

ASHIPP

God, I hope we don't continue the negativity. :evil: Whilst it's sad and unfortunate Prps has left the Devils, he is not irreplacable. It does leave the Club with a dilemma to recruit his replacement but a great opportunity to spend part of the budget again that had already been commited to Prps.What he did to merit being released must have been serious - we have to respect G, with Shannon and Matt's backing, for taking action to deal with it. Let's just accept it and move on......... :roll:
How anyone can say our roster looks average and we won't win anything next season is a bit premature to say the least! Probably our most exciting signings are yet to come...and just because some of them may not be the 'big names' other clubs are announcing doesn't mean they won't be the quality players who will make a crucial contribution to this team's success...... and who's to say that some of those signings won't be any of 'the big names'? ;)

Wannabe2

SPEEDACE said:
Dai Vader said:
I think this sacking is a joke and i bet we will win jack **** again next season. :evil:
I don't necessariy think the sacking is a joke, but i do agree were not looking very promising for next season, and if anyone wants any reasoning for that, have a look at the side and the lack of quality signings
Dont have a problem one iota with who we have signed so far, lack of quality?????????. Jeez we have 5 import signings to make yet. Who have anyone else signed that makes you feel so negative, give it time, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sliput

Sorry to make light of this......but Prpich hasnt died,he's been sacked !!

Geez,no-one knows the story in full but are making out that without Prps the Devils will collapse !!

He has gone because G has seen fit to sack him due to incident/problem/whatever. He is the coach and he does what he thinks is right for the Devils organisation and Shannon and Matt obviously feel he made the right decision as they are quite clearly backing G.

Yes,its a shame Prps has gone but it happens.........

ASHIPP

As far as making another signing announcement is concerned, I'm sure that the Club will want to do that as soon as they feasibly can - also as a morale booster for fans. But, they will do it when they are good and ready and the deal is done. Shannon and G have both intimated that the pool of good available players is good at the moment and the Club has 'lots of lines in the water'. A clear message G is on the case.

Wannabe2 said:
Who have anyone else signed that makes you feel so negative, give it time, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Well, whilst I appreciate that we havn't signed our #1 defenceman yet, I am still pretty jealous of Belfast's Tom Walsh and Nottingham's Domonic D'amour.
Nottingham in perticular have two quality defencemen in, Corey Nielson and Dominic D'amour.
I just hope our #1 will be of the same quality.

Wannabe2

By the same token Panthers fans are well jealous of Richardson leaving them for us, as they loved the guy, he had a stonker last season in D and is a brit to boot. ;)

Yep If I was Nottingham I think I would be as upset about another team picking up one of the top Brits we had, as I would be pleased with the signings they have made in defence.
Also Belfast, who have made the most interesting import signings so far IMO, clearly believe in the brit goalie route and did not want to loose Stevie to us.

Whereas we have stregthened our brit contingent significantly, retained players that few believed we would keep at times last season, In Brad and Jay and also held onto much of what was a very strong defence.

I will only decide if I am really dispointed that we have lost Prpich if I am disapointed with the repacement. Othwise I am pretty sure I will move on like I always do when players that I rate leave.

Huskie442 said:
Yep If I was Nottingham I think I would be as upset about another team picking up one of the top Brits we had, as I would be pleased with the signings they have made in defence.
Also Belfast, who have made the most interesting import signings so far IMO, clearly believe in the brit goalie route and did not want to loose Stevie to us.

Whereas we have stregthened our brit contingent significantly, retained players that few believed we would keep at times last season, In Brad and Jay and also held onto much of what was a very strong defence.

I will only decide if I am really dispointed that we have lost Prpich if I am disapointed with the repacement. Othwise I am pretty sure I will move on like I always do when players that I rate leave.
I know we havent signed our best imports - and in that i mean first line imports, but at the moment our team is a lower standard than last season! we have a lower standard of goalie in Lyle (compared to Aubry) and with Richardson coming in we have an extra Brit who plays on D but is he better than Maciver? i don't think so, we will have to fill those remaining import places with top end imports or we won't be any better than last season, and before i get flamed this is my opinion and thats it, cheers...

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #112
Trying not to go too far off topic, i'd rate Richardson more than MacIver.

I think we should reserve judgement on the team until at least the team is 90% complete.

Chris.

voth26

Whilst i'm not estatic about prps leaving i have to say that when jay signed nobody had heard about him and look at the figs he put up last year!!.G has done what he thinks is right so instead of belly aching lets just crack on and wait for the next signing,If there had been problems with prps in the season then G would have been slammed for not doing it sooner, give the guy a break we are supposed to be fans of the devils and support them everytime i guess now is a time to show G that we do back him and the decisions he makes also the players he signs.
cant wait for the season to start come on you devils

voth26 said:
Whilst i'm not estatic about prps leaving i have to say that when jay signed nobody had heard about him and look at the figs he put up last year!!.G has done what he thinks is right so instead of belly aching lets just crack on and wait for the next signing,If there had been problems with prps in the season then G would have been slammed for not doing it sooner, give the guy a break we are supposed to be fans of the devils and support them everytime i guess now is a time to show G that we do back him and the decisions he makes also the players he signs.
We are all fans of the Devils in here with the exception of J.B, and this is a forum where we are supposed to be allowed to voice our opinions, this is my 24th Devils season and i expect a bit of success for a change :eek:) we have waited to long.

Wannabe2

SPEEDACE said:
Dai Vader said:
I think this sacking is a joke and i bet we will win jack **** again next season. :evil:
I don't necessariy think the sacking is a joke, but i do agree were not looking very promising for next season, and if anyone wants any reasoning for that, have a look at the side and the lack of quality signings
Hope your feeling a bit better now mate, and theres still more to come. ;)

voth26

the placid casual said:
voth26 said:
We are all fans of the Devils in here with the exception of J.B, and this is a forum where we are supposed to be allowed to voice our opinions, this is my 24th Devils season and i expect a bit of success for a change :eek:) we have waited to long.
This is my 23rd year as a devils fan, not having a go at any one just stating a fact that there are a lot of moaners on the forum ;) and we all want silverware in the cupboard hopefully with smithy joining we have a better than average chance crack on

Wannabe2 said:
SPEEDACE said:
Dai Vader said:
Hope your feeling a bit better now mate, and theres still more to come. ;)
Yep much better now Wannabe ;)

Not happy with prps being released, but understand the reasons why although I do think hartwick has come out of this lightly. hoefully next signing will be of equal quality