Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

kettdevil1

im starting to wonder if mosey has signed as rumored because why would you sign pietroniero aswell who are both the same kind of players.i think we also need to sign 2 proper d men as if we were to sign mosey i'd rather him as a forward with the option of him dropping back to defence in emergencies.
With respect, they are definitely not the same sort of player (other than the fact that they can both play D and F). Mosey has a very solid CV containing AHL, CHL and WC experience, Pietroniero is probably playing at the highest level he has been at in his career and averages 0.08PPG against Mosey's 0.64PPG.

I am not trying to talk down Pietroniero who is hard trying and reasonably solid defensively (and I am happy to see him back) but Mosey is in a different class. Mosey's issue (and my slight hesitation when it was rumoured he was re-joining us) was his injury record but if he is full fit then he is a big asset to any team.

Devils86

Ignoring the issue of which Crandall we have signed, that we have filled our 4 lines and now faced with the prospect of Pietronero as a spare....whilst that's ok on the face of it, it does mean we won't have the swashbuckling 3rd line hard man to replace Lou in terms of toughness. Which is a shame. Even if said hard man was a spare himself.

None of the names currently being discussed are anywhere near the level of physicality we need, good players each of them - but we are now very much faced with the prospect of going into the season without protection.

The Devils announcement about next week says it's news about the coming season - which might be the news that Steve prepped us for ahead of the Summit, but was never released.

Can't see it being player related myself. Sure maybe the the last few names confirmed and the jerseys revealed. But it seems bigger than that maybe. Rink related? Maybe an expansion of the gantry?

BostonBart22

Got a sneaky feeling its a assistant coach in chuck webber, most teams now got 3 or even 4 coaches on the bench these days. Worked with PR for GB... just saying..

JC23

Chuck Weber don’t mean Jack all to most Devils fans, going down the rink to hear that would be a total joke surely.
…really? As someone who’s been around as long as you have, I expect you to know how much of a coup that would be.

You seem to be being purposely obtuse about this fan event.

Devils86

I think the possibility of the Devils announcing Weber as the third component of the advised coaching trio (as per the first interviews way back when) is a real possibility and as has been pointed out would be a great move. BUT what I think Glyn is referring to is that such news doesn't seem like a 'lets get the STH down the rink to announce it' type piece of news. 'Not want to miss the announcement of the coaching team' does't sound right.

Its about 'this season'...with the lease just granted for IAW/Vindico I can't see it being a 'this is the last season here before we move to the other new arena thats being built'. I won't be two-ways. A series of legends nights? With the first being at the STH night?

I'VE GOT IT!!!

Domino's are back and so is Zorb football in the first break!
#GuessWhatISmell

jenks33

I really rated Chuck Weber at Coventry. It fizzled out in the end but he got them playing some very good hockey. They won the play offs under him right?

I get where Wannabe’s coming from to be fair. If I’m going all the way to the rink on a Thursday I’m hoping the major news isn’t Chuck Weber is our assistant

I do wonder if Vindico have gone and given the rink a serious tech upgrade. Projectors, lasers, lighting, more cameras for more angles?
We'll find out soon!

Wannabe2

I think the possibility of the Devils announcing Weber as the third component of the advised coaching trio (as per the first interviews way back when) is a real possibility and as has been pointed out would be a great move. BUT what I think Glyn is referring to is that such news doesn't seem like a 'lets get the STH down the rink to announce it' type piece of news. 'Not want to miss the announcement of the coaching team' does't sound right.

Its about 'this season'...with the lease just granted for IAW/Vindico I can't see it being a 'this is the last season here before we move to the other new arena thats being built'. I won't be two-ways. A series of legends nights? With the first being at the STH night?

I'VE GOT IT!!!

Domino's are back and so is Zorb football in the first break!
#GuessWhatISmell
That’s exactly spot on, thank you for understanding my view,

Wannabe2

I really rated Chuck Weber at Coventry. It fizzled out in the end but he got them playing some very good hockey. They won the play offs under him right?

I get where Wannabe’s coming from to be fair. If I’m going all the way to the rink on a Thursday I’m hoping the major news isn’t Chuck Weber is our assistant
Thank you that’s exactly what l meant.

lloyd_jeff

I do wonder if Vindico have gone and given the rink a serious tech upgrade. Projectors, lasers, lighting, more cameras for more angles?
We'll find out soon!
Vindico like any sponsor will promote their business, how that translates beyond their portfolio we will see. I think lasers & projectors etc might be pushing it though, we can hope for a change to the amateur intro’s.