Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Probably an unpopular opinion and some will disagree with me but I don’t think Crandall was that bad. It’s obvious he didn’t produce as much as in his first season but with line mates of Reid and a new centre almost every weekend, he didn’t get chance to gain chemistry.
Was he great? Not by any stretch of the imagination, but if he would take a pay cut and come back on a cheaper contract I would retain him. If you play him on the 3rd line with a new centre and maybe Waller, hopefully they could come up with some chemistry and consistently and maybe he would regain at least closer to some of his first season stats.
He was also in my opinion one of our better defensive forwards and covered well when our defenders jumped up in the play and then lost possession.
I also know his soon to be wife does a lot behind the scenes for the devils.

kingmo19.1

Absolutely baffling to me why he kept playing those two, Reid in particular - especially when he’d play Reid in 3 on 3 OT, which I could never understand given his lack of speed and mobility. It cost us a couple of times too from memory. DuPont must have known he was under pressure and turned to those 2 to save his skin time and time again, when they just weren’t producing the goods. He must regret that.
Probably regrets all round on that tactic - from DuPonts perspective it made him look stupid and inexperienced and unable to see the repeated failure in that selection. It also didn’t show those players in a favourable light and highlighted their predictability and flaws!

kingmo19.1

Probably an unpopular opinion and some will disagree with me but I don’t think Crandall was that bad. It’s obvious he didn’t produce as much as in his first season but with line mates of Reid and a new centre almost every weekend, he didn’t get chance to gain chemistry.
Was he great? Not by any stretch of the imagination, but if he would take a pay cut and come back on a cheaper contract I would retain him. If you play him on the 3rd line with a new centre and maybe Waller, hopefully they could come up with some chemistry and consistently and maybe he would regain at least closer to some of his first season stats.
He was also in my opinion one of our better defensive forwards and covered well when our defenders jumped up in the play and then lost possession.
I also know his soon to be wife does a lot behind the scenes for the devils.
Are you the Mr Crandall in question ? :).
Sounds a bit like a sales pitch!

Absolutely baffling to me why he kept playing those two, Reid in particular - especially when he’d play Reid in 3 on 3 OT, which I could never understand given his lack of speed and mobility. It cost us a couple of times too from memory. DuPont must have known he was under pressure and turned to those 2 to save his skin time and time again, when they just weren’t producing the goods. He must regret that.
Because Dupont and Reid are close friends having played together. Dupont looked as if he didn't have the balls to drop his mates but dropped Lou and the Brandt who have been playing better than both his `mates` Used to drive me insane

For me bowns was not helped by his team sometimes but my god far to many goals were let in the 5 and out of position a number of times, Richie for me still has something to give but not as captain or 1st line now.

moggy#9

Because Dupont and Reid are close friends having played together. Dupont looked as if he didn't have the balls to drop his mates but dropped Lou and the Brandt who have been playing better than both his `mates` Used to drive me insane

For me bowns was not helped by his team sometimes but my god far to many goals were let in the 5 and out of position a number of times, Richie for me still has something to give but not as captain or 1st line now.
It might seem like sacrilege to some, but I think we need a more animated captain than Richardson. That's not a slight on his capabilities (he is excellent), but for me he's more solid and dependable than inspirational.

It might seem like sacrilege to some, but I think we need a more animated captain than Richardson. That's not a slight on his capabilities (he is excellent), but for me he's more solid and dependable than inspirational.
I think it depends on what you're after in a captain. A lot of teams look for that calm presence, Richie will have a hell of a lot of respect from officials etc over the years for his calm approach. Similar to when we had morrisette as captain. I personally think then it should be the As and team leaders who can grab a game by the scruff that pull along other players. But it's each to their own

moggy#9

I think it depends on what you're after in a captain. A lot of teams look for that calm presence, Richie will have a hell of a lot of respect from officials etc over the years for his calm approach. Similar to when we had morrisette as captain. I personally think then it should be the As and team leaders who can grab a game by the scruff that pull along other players. But it's each to their own
I really liked it when Paul heavey was captain. No one would want to be seen to be slacking when they knew how much effort he put in.