Seth Bennett & Brent Pope

Thread starter #1
Currently watching Russia v Japan & Seth Bennett has been taking the mickey about Brent's range of hats. Brent has mentioned a Russian Cowboy hat he has taken a fancy to :lol:
Guess it sounded a lot better than it appears in print.

The only problem of watching the Olympic ice hockey on tv is the fact that you hear Brent giving critique on the match in question, when some of the things he is saying are things we need to do on the ice too.

That aside, turning the volume to mute is a wonderful thing!!!!!!!!

wildthing74

To be fair they are doing a decent job and remembering to explain small things about the rules to new watchers to hockey.
I would have thought Brent would be the anchor but seems Bennett us doing that with Poper summarising.
Hopefully with the start of the mens tomorrow there will be more on TV as coverage has been limited for the womens.

KaneDevils

Funny, the last winter olympics everyone, and I mean everyone, was commending brent on his knowledge and were really chuffed he'd be commentating. Different story this time around. For me he's better than Seth Bennett.

If it's not live on a channel you can watch inn bbc website.

Ocko

Shamefully I haven't seen a game yet but my FB page is full of people slating the commentary. The majority are either hockey fans from other parts of the UK or Canada with absolutely no connection to the EIHL, Devils and also have no idea who BP actually is but they are saying he and the other guy are actually awful.

Sheincar

I do tend not to listen to the commentators but to just watch the game. As a consequence not totally convinced I heard right but could have sworn I heard BP talking about wickets!!! You what?

KaneDevils

Between the wickets, meaning dragging the puck between players skates/legs.

Do people ever stop moaning. Olympic hockey on our screens and still their not happy!

Great game which I thoroughly enjoyed. Roll on tomorrow's.

Sheincar

KaneDevils said:
Between the wickets, meaning dragging the puck between players skates/legs.

Do people ever stop moaning. Olympic hockey on our screens and still their not happy!

Great game which I thoroughly enjoyed. Roll on tomorrow's.
Well pardon me for not understanding his reference :?

KaneDevils

Eh? That's why I explained it to you. Man, your hard work.
People moaning about the commentary. Just enjoy it people and, if at all possible, stop moaning!!