Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #43
Pretty awesome result :)

Looks like all Towe needed these last few season was to be sponsored by The-Inferno and its members :D

Thanks to Gareth and Finny for running MNL tonight, worked really well I thought and we stayed up for the 2nd week running, looks like we're onto a winner :D

Chris.

drainage

Finny said:
Can anyone who can still post on there, ask if I'm allowed to return yet?
Not me doesnt like my e mail address and have never registered so cannot be banned !! they must have read my mind as I was trying to register - bah !!!! Damn !!

Gazza272

Shortstuff said:
Does anyone know why Mark Smith didn't play tonight?

He went off with a minute to go againt Nottingham holding what appeared to me holding his arm, i'm guessing his pectoral tear from the early season has returned.

Whhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop! Excellent result, especially as i made £45 off it :D :twisted: damn i wish i had bet more now.
Great to see the brits scoring soo many goals/all the goals :p, nice to go into third, although the blaze do have a few games in hand.
TY to the stub and finny for putting on a great MNL service, much better (not that im saying it was bad before :D) really good quick updates.

Gazza272 said:
He went off with a minute to go againt Nottingham holding what appeared to me holding his arm, i'm guessing his pectoral tear from the early season has returned.
And I was wondering on Wednesday whether he was actually that hurt or whether he was just fed up that we had lost and gone straight to the dressing room. :oops: Sorry Smithy! Hope he's not out for too long. At least we won't really miss him too much tomorrow, as its not that important. Although I would like us to win it!!

Finny said:
Shortstuff said:
Does anyone know why Mark Smith didn't play tonight?
We thought we'd give Sheffield a chance.

A full strength Devils team would have been too one-sided.
Thats obviously the real reason but the excuse they've come up with from the match report is "Top line centre Mark Smith was out of action with a slight knock. He was advised to rest this weekend in order to be fully fit for duty next week when the Belfast Giants come to Cardiff for the first time this season on Sunday 11th." ;)

AND 4 players had the flu! man steelers fans will really be peeved if they read that :lol:, hopefully those players will have passed it onto the steelers players (i joke! :p)

James

Administrator
Thanks Finny and t'Stub for the updates tonight. Seemed to work really well. :)
Oh and we beat the steelers \o/ Go Team!

Looks like you guys are the last hope of preventing the ultimate nightmare - Nottingham and their fans winning a league trophy :cry:

Good luck ... the Elite League needs you :evil:

Gazza272

J.B said:
Looks like you guys are the last hope of preventing the ultimate nightmare - Nottingham and their fans winning a league trophy :cry:

Good luck ... the Elite League needs you :evil:

I'ed be betting on Newcastle rather than us at present.

bubbles said:
Towe and kirsty's Brother have both been outstanding.

I must state the obvious, we only spent 4 minutes in the bin, no wonder we were winners.

Brilliant result. :lol:
Thinking about it the league are bound to launch an investigation - Cardiff Devils vs Steelers with Voth playing 4 mins penalties !!!!!! The world has gone mad !!!

Not a pretty game to watch, but we deserved the win. Simple as that really, we've seen these types of games a thousand times before. We got what we needed, now all eyes to the Belfast weekend!

TheStub

Just read back through MNL - and I think my phone kept changing Hanson to Hason :lol:

Also, you can see the point I gave up trying to make sure it was all spelt right ;)

I seemed to get a load of updates in, but I managed to miss a load of stuff. Perhaps with a laptop, or netbook, I could get more. We shall have to see ;)