Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

ASHIPP

Nothing wrong with wanting to remain settled, especially with a young family. Giants can rest assured they have their treble winning coach again for another season.

lloyd_jeff

Maybe he doesn’t want to be a victim of the Peter Principle, for those unaware The Peter Principle observes that employees rise up through a firm's hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence.
As a result, according to the Peter Principle, every position in a given hierarchy will eventually be filled by employees who are incompetent to fulfill the job duties of their respective positions.
Its been seen also when a person moves to other companies or in this case leagues, better the Devil you know than the Devil you don’t, so to speak.

Devils86

Maybe he doesn’t want to be a victim of the Peter Principle, for those unaware The Peter Principle observes that employees rise up through a firm's hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence.
As a result, according to the Peter Principle, every position in a given hierarchy will eventually be filled by employees who are incompetent to fulfill the job duties of their respective positions.
Its been seen also when a person moves to other companies or in this case leagues, better the Devil you know than the Devil you don’t, so to speak.
Interesting. Got to be a balance though. If you never show the ambition to move on to the next challenge then at the end of the career it's full of 'what if's'

Knowing Keefe's public persona I'm sure he would move on when the time is right for him - a la Lord. If he's just had a child I can see why you don't go moving just yet.

Stripes and bench doors are in for another season of abuse lol

kingmo19.1

Unless he has personal reasons for staying in Belfast that shows a remarkable lack of ambition in my opinion. Surprised by that.
Who knows if he was even offered a position elsewhere. I don’t think it’s a lack of ambition, he’s building up his experience and I don’t blame him for doing that a little longer.

Jumping on opportunities doesn’t always work, Graham Potter and Nathan Jones spring quickly to mind. I wonder if they regret moving ?

Wannabe2

Belfast is a pretty neat place to live, and the outskirts are even better. If you’re pretty comfortable in your position and surroundings, and your boss is willing to pay what you want and your chances of success is pretty high, then what’s the problem. Ambition is a personal choice, one man’s Road can be totally different than another’s, sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t, the coaching career can be a longer career than playing if your good at it, so time is on his side. Keefe has been in Ireland a long time, so he is obviously pretty happy and content there.

Devils86

FLYERS | Former Devil Bari McKenzie leaves the shores of the Firth/Forth to return to Solway Sharks as they step up to the NIHL.

Last edited: