ST in new arena

mazza03

jimmy snels said:
Glad they stuck to what they promised. Might have been an idiot to pay it but i did so it's good to see it remain the system. I'll let you all know what the views are like if its split up in small groups, straight away :Ninja :Ninja :Ninja
I'm afraid I disagree with you, Yes I payed to go on the list but I wish that said list had been lost because it will create friction IMHO

DevilDom

jimmy snels said:
Glad they stuck to what they promised. Might have been an idiot to pay it but i did so it's good to see it remain the system. I'll let you all know what the views are like if its split up in small groups, straight away :Ninja :Ninja :Ninja
Who is "they"? This isn't something this ownership promised.

Anyhow, I think the new ownership have dealt with the shit they were left with as best they can.

jimmy snels

Fully aware of ownership, perhaps i had already asked this question a while ago?!

Yeah they were dealt a rough hand in sone respects but the emotion and feeling of a fan base that went from zero to hero must be terribly pleasing to an ownership group thats assured us its not about the money.

jimmy snels

On a serious note i think we will need to know which end we will attack twice, where the opposition fans will sit (id rather sit with my own lot) & where those drums are going :lol: :lol: im sure devilsdrums will clarify the last one for us!

jimmy snels said:
On a serious note i think we will need to know which end we will attack twice, where the opposition fans will sit (id rather sit with my own lot) & where those drums are going :lol: :lol: im sure devilsdrums will clarify the last one for us!
yeah if someone could clarify where they are going that would be awsome lol.

Perhaps we should be allowed to pick first, it would be such a shame for someone to pick their new seats after getting on to the list and then have us coming and buying season tickets next to them if they don't like drums :lol: :lol: :lol:

wildthing74

How come you didn't get them to build you a band stand Mark? Surely that should have come as part of your SORAC remit :lol:

Anything that brings atmosphere is a good thing and I hope everybody can stay together and we can get that place feeling like home from game one.The way the table is looking it's vital we settle in early and don't let the move disrupt the team.

Love BBT but bloody can't wait to get in the new place I'm literally working out how many days left on almost a daily basis which is quite sad at my age!

wildthing74 said:
How come you didn't get them to build you a band stand Mark? Surely that should have come as part of your SORAC remit :lol:

Anything that brings atmosphere is a good thing and I hope everybody can stay together and we can get that place feeling like home from game one.The way the table is looking it's vital we settle in early and don't let the move disrupt the team.

Love BBT but bloody can't wait to get in the new place I'm literally working out how many days left on almost a daily basis which is quite sad at my age!
Just cannot understand loving the BBT. I hate the place and cannot wait to move to the new rink. IMO the tent almost cost us our club, together with other factors. The sight lines are awful, the facilities for players are pretty terrible by all accounts, and in the words of one of our owners " it's an embarrassment!"

Wannabe2

miriam said:
wildthing74 said:

Just cannot understand loving the BBT. I hate the place and cannot wait to move to the new rink. IMO the tent almost cost us our club, together with other factors. The sight lines are awful, the facilities for players are pretty terrible by all accounts, and in the words of one of our owners " it's an embarrassment!"
Actually the tent saved the club,and certainly didn't cost the club, yes it's poor facilities, and yes the sight lines are crap, that's why the TVs were installed. When the WNIR was knocked down if the tent hadn't been built then the Devils would have gone the same way as Durham, Newcastle etc believe me. It's never ever been ideal, but it became home and our players love it, Fortunately the new gaff is what we all deserve.

wildthing74

Spot on without the tent we would been consigned to the history books.Its an embarrassing facility for sure but without it we would not be here today waiting to move.

KaneDevils

Many a fond memory in the old tent. I'll miss it, if not for more personal reasons. Yes it's a crap hole, but its been our crap hole and a place to watch our team play this awesome sport! For that I'm truly thankful :RAWK

I have turned over a new leaf :).....I 100% agree with KD. Without this "temporary" home I would not have had the opportunity to watch this fantastic sport in Cardiff.

It was on a whim (had booked a trip to NYC and bought tickets for the Rangers while we were there) that myself and my family went to watch the Devils at the BBT. We wanted to catch a game or two before the trip to New York and we have been to probably 95% of the games since.

Didn't even realise Cardiff had a team until I googled Ice Hockey and Cardiff. For a number of years now it has become something we all enjoy as a family. TBH....I can't think of too much else that we would all do together other than Ice Hockey.

So for that...BBT I salute you! Thanks for the memories.

ASHIPP

The place must be ingrained in people's minds because it is universally known as the Big Blue Tent....for many fans with affection, for away fans and teams with hatred and humour.

It's not the building it's the people in it that create that. Hope we can transfer that level of intensity and passion successfully to our beautiful new home.

Here's to many more magic moments in the future (preferably with toilet paper in every cubicle and hand dryers that work!)

ASHIPP said:
Here's to many more magic moments in the future (preferably with toilet paper in every cubicle and hand dryers that work!)
Things like that are down to the management and staff though, not the building and it would appear that they are all coming with us. I would carry on bringing your own bog roll and a small hand towel for the first few weeks, just in case.
As for the tent, it did ensure the continuation of ice sports in Cardiff, for which we have SORAC to thank. That doesn't mean I don't still hate the place with a passion. It has absolutely no redeeming features for me and I will be more than happy to see it and the shower of shit that is Planet Ice gone from Cardiff for good. Hopefully, when their number one cash cow goes they go bust as well.

Sliput

Gingers Husband said:
Hopefully, when their number one cash cow goes they go bust as well.
Nice !! So it's a case that now we are moving to a nice new arena screw the likes of Coventry, Basingstoke ,Manchester etc......??