Stars Vs Devils - League - 16th Feb 22

Wannabe2

Officials unfortunately are hell bent on destroying entertainment, it’s a dirty word in their vocabulary, there’s 6 things that make this game special, speed, skill, goals, saves, hits and fights. Idiots want to reduce it to 4, they want field hockey on ice, they are probably big fans of dancing on ice, and ping pong.

Swarley

Ha ha, lucky the clown didn't have a mystical third eye ! I don't know why he upset Big Lou so much but he must of done something to make him react the way he did. I trust Big Lou to police the fools, I'm glad he plays for our team.:)
What I find hilarious is dops have said Louis threw punches with gloves on, the video shows Richards throwing gloved punches and Louis shook his off straight away to batter him. I seriously question the integrity of dops when they can't even see the video correctly.

Devil94

Officials unfortunately are hell bent on destroying entertainment, it’s a dirty word in their vocabulary, there’s 6 things that make this game special, speed, skill, goals, saves, hits and fights. Idiots want to reduce it to 4, they want field hockey on ice, they are probably big fans of dancing on ice, and ping pong.
The one linesman was correct in this instance though. Once Crandall got involved and more or less took Richards helmet off, then it should have been broken up. I just don't get why #77 stood back and was watching his colleague struggle. Once a decision has been made to break it up then there's no going back so don't know what he was waiting for.
If he took Louis away and the other linesman took Richards away, then Louis wouldn't be banned and a potential nasty injury could have been avoided.

BostonBart22

A while back if a fight broke out the ref would let it go to a point then signal the 2 linos to step in grabbing a player each to break it up..as for sundays game, the one lino was latvian if my memory serves me right so maybe different procedures with fights in his league.

JC23

A while back if a fight broke out the ref would let it go to a point then signal the 2 linos to step in grabbing a player each to break it up..as for sundays game, the one lino was latvian if my memory serves me right so maybe different procedures with fights in his league.
The linesman who got involved Vytas Lukosevicius has been in our league a while, and he’s played D1 and coached D3 world champs hockey.
He knows his stuff. If anything I’d say it was on lino #77 to get involved also and stop the fight once it had hit the ground.

Not excusing Louis at all mind you, but two linesmen would have definitely had a better outcome than one.

E.D.S.

What I find hilarious is dops have said Louis threw punches with gloves on, the video shows Richards throwing gloved punches and Louis shook his off straight away to batter him. I seriously question the integrity of dops when they can't even see the video correctly.
They also said that Louis "started with a cross check"... didn't see a cross check at all, just looked like he was supporting his body weight but agree, there's some bizarre interpretations of that video

Swarley

They also said that Louis "started with a cross check"... didn't see a cross check at all, just looked like he was supporting his body weight but agree, there's some bizarre interpretations of that video
Bizarre is an understatement, if this is how dops are going to continue with the reviews it's no wonder more and more people are laughing at the state of the league when the player safety section has absolutely no clue what they're watching or saying.

BostonBart22

The linesman who got involved Vytas Lukosevicius has been in our league a while, and he’s played D1 and coached D3 world champs hockey.
He knows his stuff. If anything I’d say it was on lino #77 to get involved also and stop the fight once it had hit the ground.

Not excusing Louis at all mind you, but two linesmen would have definitely had a better outcome than one.
Thank you JC23 for that clarification..

NathanG

When did you go, how did you go ???
Drove up through the night last night. Visited Bannockburn this morning then spent a few hours at Stirling castle. Really cool day. Driving straight back after the game although I may need to stop for a nap somewhere