steelers Vs Devils - League - 10th Sept 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Let's get the new season under-way and what better way than a visit to the house of rust. Devils will face the steelers Saturday night 7pm and we'll see what both teams are really about.

E.D.S.

Too early in the season to call this one (although I did in Pemba;s fantasy league thing), we could get steamrollered 6-0 or batter them with a stellar performance. No idea but a good one to gauge where we are even if it is so early on. We could be two game and two losses after this weekend but no need to panic. Could also be two wins out of 2 and I'll be convinced we'll win the league.

fridaysfingers

Games weren’t cancelled in 1952 so there’s a precedent.
I wasn’t quite around then but it’s what I’ve read somewhere.
I agree that a better way to show respect to someone is at a game

jenks33

I might get shot down here but I’ll be disappointed if this weekends games don’t go ahead. I could obviously understand if all sporting events in the UK are cancelled but it Looks like the English Rugby Premiership and English Rugby League games will be going ahead so why not EIHL games?

kettdevil1

I suspect that there is a fair amount of financial necessity for these matches to happen.
Indeed ..... and also I fundamentally disagree that sitting at home watching the TV is a good way of 'paying respects'. The game will give people the opportunity to sing the anthem should they wish and then have 2 minutes contemplation. Something that would not happen if it was called off.

Right call by the EIHL for me