steelers Vs Devils - League - 10th Sept 22

hip check

I've followed the 'Devils' since our first season and have had the pleasure of watching players such as Robbie Morris, Neil Browne, Hilton Ruggles, Derek Campbell, Drew Paris and Bayley Hardwood wearing our shirt, also the Lee Valley one man wrecking ball Tari Suwari, plus many other black/ mixed race players playing our wonderful game and never once heard any remark or chant abusing their skin colour in all those years, I find it hard to believe that our away following would do such a thing as I am pretty sure other Devil's fans there would have stepped in and inform them to shut it.

Agreed with one of the posts above. I feel Reid and Crandall need to be on the same line again - they were a great fit last year (top goals and assists between them) and the balance isn't quite there it seems at this very early stage. We are also missing Register quater-backing the powerplay on early analysis with his vision to pick out an incredible pass - we were lethal in that department last year (if lacking in other areas) - but that will come in time and i'm sure Crawford will fill those skates after a good few more games under his belt. As an aside, Thompson looks very composed from the offset and has impressed. All in all though very positive so far (last night and preseason) and I feel we'll be right up there at the end of the year and competing on all fronts - fair play to Dupont so far too - he certainly gives out an air of confidence and doesn't look out of place.

kristian

Agree. It’s a strange one, if true then anyone caught doing this should be banned and reported to the authorities, absolutely unacceptable. Having said that, I did not hear anything like the allegations and the stewards there are normally pretty good and approachable so it all feels a bit odd.
I was there lastnight and nothing of the sort happened.

E.D.S.

Great performance. We rode our luck at times and soaked up a lot of pressure but you’d expect that being away from home. Bownsy seemed focussed and did the simple things very well. Taking away a lot of angles.
I agree with Reid and Crandall playing together. I said before that Crandall will always (or at least should be) the best player on the ice. He’s just class. When that isn’t happening it makes me wonder about how we use him but I don’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to making suggestions as we just beat the Steelers away from home.
Shame Penny and Mosey couldn’t get going. Would’ve like to have seen how that played out. Brandt is still a bloody legend!

moggy#9

Agreed with one of the posts above. I feel Reid and Crandall need to be on the same line again - they were a great fit last year (top goals and assists between them) and the balance isn't quite there it seems at this very early stage. We are also missing Register quater-backing the powerplay on early analysis with his vision to pick out an incredible pass - we were lethal in that department last year (if lacking in other areas) - but that will come in time and i'm sure Crawford will fill those skates after a good few more games under his belt. As an aside, Thompson looks very composed from the offset and has impressed. All in all though very positive so far (last night and preseason) and I feel we'll be right up there at the end of the year and competing on all fronts - fair play to Dupont so far too - he certainly gives out an air of confidence and doesn't look out of place.
I still think that you can have 2 out of 3 of Reid, Crandall and Martin on a line, but not all 3. It's not about who the best players are, it's about the mix and I'm not convinced that's right yet. I think we have to stop thinking in terms of first line, second line, third line. Instead perhaps a better way to consider it is on terms of match ups and roles.

Even though I'm a big fan of what duggan brings to the game, I never imagined him contributing in the way he is. What a luxury for Dupont to have such an extra option.

BostonBart22

I've followed the 'Devils' since our first season and have had the pleasure of watching players such as Robbie Morris, Neil Browne, Hilton Ruggles, Derek Campbell, Drew Paris and Bayley Hardwood wearing our shirt, also the Lee Valley one man wrecking ball Tari Suwari, plus many other black/ mixed race players playing our wonderful game and never once heard any remark or chant abusing their skin colour in all those years, I find it hard to believe that our away following would do such a thing as I am pretty sure other Devil's fans there would have stepped in and inform them to shut it.
we had the same complaint from sheffield fans or their management at a game at wnir when their placer peron steamrollered one of our guys saying he was racially abused...garbage

I still think that you can have 2 out of 3 of Reid, Crandall and Martin on a line, but not all 3. It's not about who the best players are, it's about the mix and I'm not convinced that's right yet. I think we have to stop thinking in terms of first line, second line, third line. Instead perhaps a better way to consider it is on terms of match ups and roles.

Even though I'm a big fan of what duggan brings to the game, I never imagined him contributing in the way he is. What a luxury for Dupont to have such an extra option.
Great point and I agree. I’m sure everything will sort itself out too over time in relation to chemistry, and there looks as though there will be a lot of flexibility and shaking about from time to time (essential too when the injuries start to kick in).

Absolutely too I’m relation to Duggan - he has started this term on fire!