steelers Vs Devils - League - 23rd Dec 23 - FO 19:00

Didn't watch tonight but have a pretty good idea of how we played based on those who travelled - and it does not match PR's post game assessment of a "pretty solid" performance

moggy#9

I didn't bother with the steam tonight and I'm glad. It sounds awful. Something else that sounds awful are the pitiful excuses we keep hearing from PR every time there's a bad loss.

This team simply isn't good enough to win the league. The style of hockey is wrong for those league and we have too many players who fail to turn up every night and fail to put in 60 minute performances.

Wannabe2

I am so glad i did not offer to drive my nephew and brother and waste time and money for that, that was a complete shambles.

Players look for the pass before looking for the shot every time. Passing to no one, you would never think we have had a pre season.
That game was not the devils way, last night we would of lost playing soft like tonight.

People will say the players need a good going at, however it only so much you can do before turning it into a negative effect.

Anyone notice Russell only had Duggan on the bench with him?

I can put up with getting beat by a better team. But F me not to roll over like that. I haven't seen a devils side in a long time let Sheffield play so comfortable. Zero effort to make it tough for them, zero hits ,zero effort. If I was Todd I would be seriously concerned about the heart of this team.
Todd’s more concerned with attracting more Saturday nighters and flogging more merch!

BostonBart22

Euan King is a waste of space anyway, hockey fraud. Russell could do with someone to bounce ideas off and support him
Yes I find it strange as euan is only a nettie coach, perhaps he wanted bowns in net and was overuled by others , hence not on bench, we need franny back on the bench or someone to coach all the players to help PR, and not just a nettie coach ..just saying

Sometimes you come up against a stronger, better team and there is not an awful lot you can do. This was made even tougher for us by our game the previous night against the Clan

I cannot see anyone catching Sheffield to be honest - they look unstoppable and their stats in virtually all departments is pretty dominating at this stage. They may lose the odd game here and there but I think they will then jump straight back into winning ways the next game. It’s not to sounds negative about the Devils chance of winning the league - we can beat anyone on our day (we have already proved that), I just think they are too strong for us this season in terms of consistency and mentality.

I also think Belfast, even though they have been stuttering along, will now push on with a run in the new year and finish in that second spot - they won’t settle for less than that I imagine.

Judging the season to where we are at now, i think we will fight it out for that third place, (similar to the last few years) probably with Guildford as they are now starting to jump into a bit of a run and finding their feet.

Before the season ends it wouldn’t surprise me if we beat every team once, and lose to every team at least once, depending if we have that many fixtures left with each of them.

With this, wishing everyone here a very Happy Christmas along with all the fans, players, team leadership and Devils management. Look forward to the match up on Boxing Day against the Blaze!

BostonBart22

Sometimes you come up against a stronger, better team and there is not an awful lot you can do. This was made even tougher for us by our game the previous night against the Clan

I cannot see anyone catching Sheffield to be honest - they look unstoppable and their stats in virtually all departments is pretty dominating at this stage. They may lose the odd game here and there but I think they will then jump straight back into winning ways the next game. It’s not to sounds negative about the Devils chance of winning the league - we can beat anyone on our day (we have already proved that), I just think they are too strong for us this season in terms of consistency and mentality.

I also think Belfast, even though they have been stuttering along, will now push on with a run in the new year and finish in that second spot - they won’t settle for less than that I imagine.

Judging the season to where we are at now, i think we will fight it out for that third place, (similar to the last few years) probably with Guildford as they are now starting to jump into a bit of a run and finding their feet.

Before the season ends it wouldn’t surprise me if we beat every team once, and lose to every team at least once, depending if we have that many fixtures left with each of them.

With this, wishing everyone here a very Happy Christmas along with all the fans, players, team leadership and Devils management. Look forward to the match up on Boxing Day against the Blaze!
Spot on there buddy.

kettdevil1

I broadly agree. Unfortunately I thought Sheffield were superb last night and although we had lots of possession, you can tell by the shots on goal how hard the D worked to keep us to the outside and block shots. We know they will wobble (they always do) but I am just hoping that starts very soon as otherwise it will be too late.

Not 100% certain what the answer is for the Devils at the moment.....With the GOAT not himself this season and Crandall streaky, we are missing a consistent X factor player. Sheffield had at least three last night who put us under pressure when they had the puck. We didn't really have anyone. You can't fault the effort and bar two really bad ones from Brandt and Crawford that led to goals, the individual mistakes were not there.... it was just we lacked a bit of quality.

I am definitely not giving up on the league but last night was a reality check.

Wannabe2

If Steelers win their 2 games in hand we will be 8 points adrift of them, and as the most consistent and best team in the league it’s looking very good for them lot.

jenks33

Sort the powerplay out and we might run Sheffield close. I still don’t think we’ll win it but we could give them a run for their money. If the powerplay continues like this though we will finish 3rd at best. Three powerplays in the second period yesterday (three poor powerplays yet again) and if we score from one of those it’s a different game. It’s unacceptable how poor our powerplay is and it’s been going on for about 18 months now!)

Wannabe2

Unfortunately I think it goes a lot deeper than the power play. yes it would certainly help obviously but the gap between us and them is much bigger than that in my opinion. Their D is second to none, and they score for fun, they truly play as a team and play for each other, they rarely take crap penalties and are one dimensional and totally focused on winning. Yes it’s still only December, and only 1/3rd thru the season but unfortunately I can see the gap getting bigger and bigger.