Stuuuuuuuu offered the 'C'

Finny

Sorry kettdevil - it didn't mean anything like that but can see how it could be read that way.

When we brought back Maxi it was to replace Prpich, and I said at the time that I felt Max was the better player.
I also said it was a shame we couldn't have both those players as I feel they would work well together. Especially if that centre was Matzka.

Foxy

kettdevil1 said:
Finny said:
I'd happily have Prps back as long as he wasn't replacing Max.

Latulippe - it would depend on what line he played. If it was first line then it would be a step back IMO, but if he was second line or even 3rd line (will Stu be on 2nd line maybe?) then I think it would be a good signing and presumably a cheap-ish one compared to last year.
Interesting comment re:Max. I thought that he was secure for next year - does this suggest differently?
I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of those re-signed were having a rethink. Start of the year everyone was being spoken to early and all eager to return. Then the cards came tumbling down taking everyone by surprise players included i would imagine

wildthing74 said:
No I would be happy if we moved on from Voth.Reffed out of the league so can't be as effective as he or G would want him to be.
I agree, as much as i love The Voth i dont want him back this coming season.

DevilDom

I'd be very happy with our 3 centres being Matzka, Stu and Latuillipe.

Probably slightly wishful thinking though because at the moment we don't have one!

wildthing74

Finny said:
I'd happily have Prps back as long as he wasn't replacing Max.

Latulippe - it would depend on what line he played. If it was first line then it would be a step back IMO, but if he was second line or even 3rd line (will Stu be on 2nd line maybe?) then I think it would be a good signing and presumably a cheap-ish one compared to last year.
I would be stunned if he was signed as a 1st line centre and yeah would not rock my boat either.Second line with Hilly again and happy days as that line with Voth at time played a lot better than Finnertys line last year.Whilst Finner was a trade up at the time too many times he took stupid pens so that line lost any fluidity.

kettdevil1

Finny said:
Sorry kettdevil - it didn't mean anything like that but can see how it could be read that way.

When we brought back Maxi it was to replace Prpich, and I said at the time that I felt Max was the better player.
I also said it was a shame we couldn't have both those players as I feel they would work well together. Especially if that centre was Matzka.
Thanks, now that would be a line and a half.

Latullippe did well at Dundee but I would still be worried about our physical presence. If all goes to plan we would have:

Maxi - Matzka - Prips
Phil - Stu - ??
Ben - Latullippe - Sam

The question mark would need to be a Voth type character for me.

DevilDom

kettdevil1 said:
Latullippe did well at Dundee but I would still be worried about our physical presence. If all goes to plan we would have:

Maxi - Matzka - Prips
Phil - Stu - ??
Ben - Latullippe - Sam

If we had those players - I think i'd prefer the lines to look more like:

Max - Matzka - ?
Phil - Latullipe - Ben
Sam - Stu - Pirps

A 1st line and 2 equally good 2nd and 3rd lines similar to last year with 2 players on each line who played together in the prior year.

If Stu says yes this will be the best news of the summer, He is a true Devil with his never say die attitude. Hope he says yes and that the Matzka rumours are true, sure we will be competing then.#2hardestworkingplayers

wildthing74

Those lines look pretty decent if pull them off.Big tough d man I would say would be a good fit with the d we got signed.Another grafter for that second line and teh team would have a lot of balance to it. Offer that to me know and I would take it considering the frustrating summer we have had.

steve

Clearly there's split opinion on prpich - personally I think he'd be a league MVP if he played on a line with an out and out goal scorer. Prpich was never supposed to be a goal scorer when we signed him, yet he managed to step up on a pretty average team and be top scorer. I'd have him back in a second.

I'd be happy to see the C offered to stu or Kenton, but if it helps get stu back, great!

TheStub

kettdevil1 said:
Maxi - Matzka - Prips
Phil - Stu - ??
Ben - Latullippe - Sam

Now, that first would be equal to last year. I would struggle to say better or worse, as there would be a different dynamic - but with two good play makers, Pripich could achieve what Pelle achieved. Less of a sniper, but he will go to the high traffic areas and score the goals.

Look how he performed with just half a Vipers team around him. He racked up the points, whilst double shifting all season.

It would be interesting to see Phil - Stu - Ben/Sam (again, different dynamic)

Remember we also have Tim

Sam - Latullippe - Tim could be interesting... but may lack experience.

But - Stuuuuuuu for C may be the most popular C choice in EIHL era.

TheStub

steve said:
Clearly there's split opinion on prpich - personally I think he'd be a league MVP if he played on a line with an out and out goal scorer. Prpich was never supposed to be a goal scorer when we signed him, yet he managed to step up on a pretty average team and be top scorer. I'd have him back in a second.

I'd be happy to see the C offered to stu or Kenton, but if it helps get stu back, great!
Exactly. :D :D

wildthing74

TheStub said:
kettdevil1 said:
Maxi - Matzka - Prips
Phil - Stu - ??
Ben - Latullippe - Sam

Now, that first would be equal to last year. I would struggle to say better or worse, as there would be a different dynamic - but with two good play makers, Pripich could achieve what Pelle achieved. Less of a sniper, but he will go to the high traffic areas and score the goals.

Look how he performed with just half a Vipers team around him. He racked up the points, whilst double shifting all season.

It would be interesting to see Phil - Stu - Ben/Sam (again, different dynamic)

Remember we also have Tim

Sam - Latullippe - Tim could be interesting... but may lack experience.

But - Stuuuuuuu for C may be the most popular C choice in EIHL era.
With Max and Prps grafting in the corners I think Matzka would score a few more so maybe more a balanced scoring line and would make up for the loss of Pelle's goals?

Finny

wildthing74 said:
With Max and Prps grafting in the corners I think Matzka would score a few more so maybe more a balanced scoring line and would make up for the loss of Pelle's goals?
Was just about to say the same. In some games you would hardly notice Pelle because he wasn't setting others players up, then he would get the puck three times and score a hat-trick! :lol:

Foxy said:
Have i missed something. Thought Matzka had gone
Was just about to say the exact same thing, Matzka signed for Morzine didnt he? :shock: Also i wouldnt be surprised if the whole moving players around saga affects his decision here, he has a small baby and i doubt very much he was impressed that he was being made to move house for the last couple months.

TheStub

Foxy said:
Have i missed something. Thought Matzka had gone
There is a rumour that he may be back.

But, perhaps we should swap Matzka with "hopefully Matzka, or a good play making centre".

I would like a Crosby or a Malkin, but would settle for Travis Zajac or even Geoffrion at a push :lol:

ASHIPP

Keeping everything crossed that this happens. :D Stuu clearly won the respect of the coach and his peers last season - you don't win 2 club awards for nothing! :cool: Hope by now that Stuu knows how admired and loved he is by Devils' fans. Like Tylor, he has a special place in our hearts. The guy is a 'complete' player in every aspect of his game, and a role model, a leader, a winner.

Here's hoping that the Alternate Captains will be Kenton/Phil/Richie. :? :cool: