Time to move on.....!

Thread starter #1
I've never posted on here before however I constantly check and read to help me keep up to date with people's thoughts on the Devils. However lately things have been going on during the game where I feel I'd like to comment.

During the Clan game last night in the FINAL minute of the game (during a devils time out) the fans began shouting BRING BACK G, BRING BACK G. A couple of things puzzled me when hearing this.

1st - 2 nil down last minute of the game not the greatest time to hear this (support is what was needed)

2nd - what did the fans think G was going to do fly into the blue tent wearing his superman outfit and score two goals! (I think not)

I understand that things have gone on behind closed doors and G leaving or being made to walk could of been handled a little better but come on.

He coached us for I think 6-7 seasons and we haven't won anything in that time (apart from Guinness book of records thing). Big fan of G's but come on a change was needed!!!

Is Pope the right man for the job, umm maybe not. But all of you seem to forget its easy to blame the management but what about the players.....!!

The players should be held accountable as well. A lot of half arsed effort, until the final two minutes then we play, really, NOT GOOD ENOUGH DEVILS.

Back in the day that sort of attitude got you benched.

I don't say I know everything, and I don't say I'm always right. But what I will say is paying £17 + week after week to hear the fans moaning and shouting crappy comments is not what anyone wants.

I know we struggling and going though a massive dry spot on goals (and wins) but come on next games the steelers. Even if the players don't turn up, let's show them why the RED ARMY FANS AT HOME IN THE BLUE TENT ARE THE MOST FEARED FANS AROUND.

Block 2 + 3 let's get behind the team and sure the rest of the tent will follow. Maybe even lift the team enough to slam the steeler!!!!!!

PS. If you don't agree, I'd love to here your thoughts. However I'm not looking to fight anyone, remember these are my opinions not gospel....! Oh yer and stop being so horrible to the drummer on twitter. Without him all we would hear is the away fans.

Thanks for reading.......

Temme

I don't think it's realistic to say 'we haven't won anything in years so he had to go!'
Last night our crowd was around 1300.

To put that into perspective, in the same fixture for Nottingham they managed 5200 people through the turnstiles.
Sheffield-4200
Belfast-3290 (cup)
Even fife managed 1826.

Our crowds are not big enough to be winning the league. G always put is contention due to clever recruiting and good coaching.
Nottingham get more than 3x us, that's 3x the turnstile money, sponsors will pay more. Etc etc.
I agree that change was needed, not necessarily in the way it has but something needed to be changed.

Thread starter #4
So what have we won. Nothing since 2006-7. I'm sorry if that's ok with you, but not me.... And how many members of the crowd are allowed on the ice. Crowds don't win games players do. I admit they help. I'm pretty sure if we played the cunucks and they had 1 fan and we had the whole of Wales we wouldn't win, lol. If you want Nottingham crowds you need to give something to watch, either a team that wins OR a team that entertains, sadly G couldn't bring us that, and by the look of it neither will pope. I don't blame them, not this season I feel we have an unlucky start, followed by some things that have happened behind closed doors. Things that we think we know, but we are only going off hear say.... At the end the day politics aside until we start scoring and winning the crowds will continue to drop. If you think bringing Adams back will fix that, then I think your mad (no offence).

Thanks for you imput.

Finny

VancouverRule84 said:
They were 6 on 3 if we had said cheese on toast cheese on toast we would of likely scored....

Thanks for your reply...
..we would HAVE likely scored....

The fans can say whatever they want. Hopefully it sent a message out to the management.

Rempel16

Is it a coincidence that the players lifted their game after the 'We want G' chants?

Or was it because the players finally realised in the last minute that they were going to lose this game (AGAIN!) and threw the kitchen sink at the Clan, although it was obviously too late.

I'd bet my last fiver that the players would have raised their game for that final minute regardless of 'We want G' chants.

All of the off-ice negativity is ideal for this group, they've taken the opportunity to hide behind it, and as such are avoiding accountability..... Well that tripe doesn't wash with me.

I didn't travel to Coventry and spend hard earned money to see my team play half-arsed with less physicality than dancing on ice, I didn't buy a season ticket for the umpteenth time to see a team playing like they are feeling sorry for themselves.
Is it acceptable to coast though games??? Not to me it isn't.

Yes, the players have had a rough time with all of the uncertainty and back stabbing lately, but a point in time has to come when they suck it up and start fighting through the adversity.

Foxy

When PR stops treating us fans like idiots then maybe we'll support the team like we used to but at the moment the fans are as demoralised as the team seem to be.

If it wasnt for the fact that ive already bought my season ticket, as i have done for the past 20+ years, i seriously dont think id be attending games this season.

If PR wanted a change in coach he should have done it in the summer. Any other Elite league coach, whose first choice goalkeeper was out for the first 5 or 6 matches, would have struggled to get the results G did but did PR give him the support he should have had NO. Was he professional about it NO. Instead we get the muppet Brent, who failed to do anything at Romford and got gassed after one season, playing big brother stood on the bench with G. G and Franny should have been given a fair crack of the whip when G was forced to retire.

G always said that for a team to be successful you had to have a good atmosphere in the dressing room. Pre season games it looked as though G had got the blend right then injury struck. Since Brent has taken over the players look as though they're all on anti-depressants which is picked up by the fans. Management have created the atmosphere and unrest and not the fans its up to them to fix it.

Thread starter #10
Foxy I agree the dismissal of G now seems crazy to me. But we don't know facts. I would of thought G deserved to see the season out. But obviously the management had other plans. But me personally the only way this team is getting out of this rut is if they pick their heads up, DRY THERE EYES, and get on with it... Like we know they can. And the fans must do the same. Do you honestly believe shouting bring back G is going to make any differents.

Thanks for your input.....

The fans are totally fed up with the appointment of Pope as coach, the players seem that they too are totally fed up of Pope as coach. It is so sad when you hear fans talking about the "positive of the loss is hopefully another nail in Pope's coaching coffin".

So how the fans vent that anger towards the management for putting Pope there in the 1st place is through chanting at game time.

What I cannot get my head around is the fact that Pope has been awarded this coaching opportunity, how the hell does he even deserve this shot? - Whereas G has never been given the chance that Pope now has. Surely given G the rest of this season as Coach Only would have been the right move to make?

Respect goes a long way in this sport, the fans and players do NOT respect Pope or PR for that matter. At least G had the respect of people around him and he SHOULD be the one on the bench right now being OUR COACH.

Whenever you make a change at the coaching level, you do so with an improvement in mind - but in what life was Pope ever going to be any sort of improvement - what crazy idea did PR have going on in his head when he thought having Pope as coach was a good idea? Just goes to show what a major lack of hockey knowledge PR actually has - and all I can think of is that Pope has something on PR to force his hand like this, or is PR THAT Stupid/Gullible/Naive/All of the above?

Under the current management setup, I don't think ANY players will be back next season - and I doubt many fans will either.

Sad sad state of affairs - the only time we had a season worse than this was THAT season when we stood outside. That's how low we have fallen because of the management we have in place now.

I am so torn between being angry and sad at everything going on!

mazza03

Dwoods said:
The fans are totally fed up with the appointment of Pope as coach, the players seem that they too are totally fed up of Pope as coach. It is so sad when you hear fans talking about the "positive of the loss is hopefully another nail in Pope's coaching coffin".

So how the fans vent that anger towards the management for putting Pope there in the 1st place is through chanting at game time.

What I cannot get my head around is the fact that Pope has been awarded this coaching opportunity, how the hell does he even deserve this shot? - Whereas G has never been given the chance that Pope now has. Surely given G the rest of this season as Coach Only would have been the right move to make?

Respect goes a long way in this sport, the fans and players do NOT respect Pope or PR for that matter. At least G had the respect of people around him and he SHOULD be the one on the bench right now being OUR COACH.

Whenever you make a change at the coaching level, you do so with an improvement in mind - but in what life was Pope ever going to be any sort of improvement - what crazy idea did PR have going on in his head when he thought having Pope as coach was a good idea? Just goes to show what a major lack of hockey knowledge PR actually has - and all I can think of is that Pope has something on PR to force his hand like this, or is PR THAT Stupid/Gullible/Naive/All of the above?

Under the current management setup, I don't think ANY players will be back next season - and I doubt many fans will either.

Sad sad state of affairs - the only time we had a season worse than this was THAT season when we stood outside. That's how low we have fallen because of the management we have in place now.

I am so torn between being angry and sad at everything going on!
What a good post, someone said to me last night in answer to a question I put.

"As PR knows little or nothing about hockey he is listening/taking advice from the wrong people, and we know who that is"

I stood outside in that season and I really don't want to do it again. :DWD

Thread starter #15
I can see a lot anger and emotion there. Thanks for the input. My only question to you is, G is gone. It's sad but TRUE. Pope is coach at the moment, they say their looking for another. Even if you don't believe that. At Xmas pope leaves for the olympics. Maybe 2 months at most. By then a new coach will have to be in place! So what shall we do in the mean time use a player, not have a coach.....?Sadly even though the hand we've been dealt isn't the greatest, we've got it. We must push through. The management knows your all not happy. And good on you for getting your point across, but come on enough is enough lets get back to why we're there to support the team. No one man is bigger than the badge (team). I agree this is a low point in the devils history but we not at the point we were when we stood outside, come on. We got a team, a rink and a fan base some what small at the moment.

Thanks for your input.

VancouverRule84 said:
Foxy I agree the dismissal of G now seems crazy to me. But we don't know facts. I would of thought G deserved to see the season out. But obviously the management had other plans. But me personally the only way this team is getting out of this rut is if they pick their heads up, DRY THERE EYES, and get on with it... Like we know they can. And the fans must do the same. Do you honestly believe shouting bring back G is going to make any differents.

Thanks for your imput.....
That's the thing, the management do not have other plans they just go from U-turn to U-turn, this is clueless management. They treat their customers like mushrooms so it does make you wonder how they treat their players, oh yes we are going to stand by a player then a week later gas him :DWD Just to add to that said player is told management has the full backing of the rest of the players in that decision! only for him and them to discuss what utter BS this is. So you see the players themselves are being dragged into the politics behind the scenes, sometimes without their knowledge.
Sadly this is the worst Devils ownership we have had in the history of the Club and that takes some beating!!

Thread starter #17
Mazza can you just clarify PR knows nothing about hockey? So are you saying Pope knows nothing about hockey? And that the management are listening to him...? Pope enemy's don't attack me I'm just clarifying the last point!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.....

Foxy

VancouverRule84 said:

Thanks for your imput.....
What other ways have the fans got to express their opinion though..........
Its not just the Coaching though. We get press releases saying players are safe then one week later they're out. We get Brent saying im out for a month but Faulkner can do the job even though he has said he doesnt want it. Its all very well saying players should suck it up but could you work in an environment like that, looking over your shoulders to see if the knife is out for you next.

Ragan calling fans malitia for expressing a difference of opinion isnt exactly improving fan relationship but he stumbles from one gaff to another thinking he know best but guess what in hockey terms hes still an amateur. Sometimes its good to listen but he seems to listen to the wrong people. Im not saying fans are the experts but sometimes we are right and have good ideas and we shouldnt just be dismissed out of hand.

Chris

Administrator
I posted a couple of weeks ago that I didn't think it was the worst situation the club had been in, time to man up and accept that's probably not the case anymore and we're going from one ****** to another :S

I'm not sure PR is going to willingly step away though, and Pope is clearly an absolute ******* idiot with regards to just about everything but he seems to have the complete backing of PR which is a bit puzzling, maybe there's more to that than we know?

It can only be a matter of time until we make either another massive u-turn on something, or come out with another PR similar to the one quoted underneath...
“I have talked to Mac about a player-coach role and he is not seeking that, but just because somebody doesn’t want the title doesn’t mean he can’t do the job.

“I am not overly concerned. The guys are not playing for me, they are playing for the club, for themselves and their future.”
I'm sure the players really respect Pope for that nonsense :S The longer this drags on, the more impact it's going to have not only on the ice, but also off the ice between friends, fans and whoever else. It's getting pretty bad already...

I don't have the details to hand, but has anyone compared results under G and the disastrous netminder situation to those under Pope and the player loyalty debacle? It's going to be a very long season this one... :S