Time to move on.....!

Finny

The only thing most fans want to move on to at the moment are other things to do on hockey night. As Dwoods said, I can't remember the fanbase being as despondent as they are now, even during THAT season. The only time you felt any passion coming from the crowd last night was during the "We Want G" chant.

I used to think that I would always support the team whether they won or lost. Now I'm going to games not caring whether we win or lose, just that it is over as quickly as possible so I can be home to watch something on TV.

The next two weeks we have games straight after football and straight after football and rugby. In the past I would have been looking forward to a sports-fest and racing between venues. Today I'm not. I'm struggling to find a good enough reason to go to either of the next two games, and speaking to people last night I don't seem to be the only one.

The worrying thing for the club is that these are season ticket holders who can't be bothered to go anymore. If people who have already paid are feeling that way, what about those who usually turn up and pay?

Sheincar

I said last night that I wished this was a game of 2 halves so I could leave at end of 2nd period. At Pope's 1st game in charge he spent the warm up focussed on the opposition & making notes about their players. Last night he just sat on the bench. The sooner he moves on the better otherwise it's the fans who'll do the moving on to something else to do rather than sit bored to death in a tent.

Thread starter #23
Like you I speak to people at games, and I see that people are at a low, but they finish every game by saying see you next weekend. Not all fans follow this, a big majority stopped because it stopped being about the hockey and more a way to blame and say how much hockey in the tent sucks. Before posting this I looked at Dundee's forum. They post the same stuff this season as last. It goes to show things happen. Lets talk about the hockey, lets talk about the gassing of hill, lets discuss new PP ideas! Stop moaning about things you have no control over. Everyone who has posted on this so far will still be there next weekend. My question is what you going to moan about if we start winning under Pope. I pray that we don't win anything, otherwise it'll be lonely on here......

Understand that the players may be gutted/upset/dissapointed that G is no longer their coach, But maybe they could start playing for the logo on the front of the shirt....Please?!

VancouverRule84 - you make it sound that we have no right to moan about the current situation...get real. You are starting to sound just like Pope and PR - clueless in every way!!!

Paul Sullivan

VancouverRule84 said:
Like you I speak to people at games, and I see that people are at a low, but they finish every game by saying see you next weekend. Not all fans follow this, a big majority stopped because it stopped being about the hockey and more a way to blame and say how much hockey in the tent sucks. Before posting this I looked at Dundee's forum. They post the same stuff this season as last. It goes to show things happen. Lets talk about the hockey, lets talk about the gassing of hill, lets discuss new PP ideas! Stop moaning about things you have no control over. Everyone who has posted on this so far will still be there next weekend. My question is what you going to moan about if we start winning under Pope. I pray that we don't win anything, otherwise it'll be lonely on here......
I think an opposing view is fine, however I would suggest that the 'sit down, shut up and keep giving me your money' attitude is what got us here in the first place.

Welcome to the boards.

Dwoods said:
VancouverRule84 - you make it sound that we have no right to moan about the current situation...get real. You are starting to sound just like Pope and PR - clueless in every way!!!
Funny enough I thought it was Devilspete in disguise.

Paul Sullivan

James said:
When your argument fails always pick on the spelling. It's a sure winner.
If my argument fails you'll be the first to point it out I am sure James. And vice versa.

Looks more like an autocorrect fail than spelling to me, but good to see you have Vancouver's back...

Besides my post's like an ogre. It has layers.

Paul Sullivan

VancouverRule84 said:
We all have our faults mine is spelling...
As I have posted, I thought it was an autocorrect error. I don't dig at spelling mistakes on posts, just content.

No offence was intended, but the correction fail offered a window for a little argument related humour. Sorry if it came across another way.

kettdevil1

O/T I had to answer the "Who is the Devil's Coach?" question to post and it rejected Brent Pope..... Is this significant? I think we should be told.... :lol: