Time to move on.....!

Rempel16

I have now got four numbers....

5 people give a damn (mentioned here by Steve)
20 or so are actually against the regime (mentioned by Ragan)
Several hundred chanted we want G (mentioned by Finny)
More than 1000 chanted we want G (mentioned by various on Twitter)

Those figures are so polarised and it shows how divided the fan base has actually become.
And the more I see, to be honest the more i am beginning to think there is a cohesive agenda to jump on anything remotely positive from the club and turn it into a negative.

The problem with this, is that with all the rumours, spin, positives being turned to negatives etc it is easy to lose sight of what is actually the truth and what is being exaggerated. I know that I am completely lost with it all.

I fear that those looking to get Ragan out are pushing the negatives too far, to the point that it's pushing people the other way - in that perhaps things aren't quite as bad as people are making out, so are things being fabricated to make the picture look worse?

The intro certainly needs changing to get the fans pumped up, the drummer could do with some further guidance, the players need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and take accountability, the management need to stop with the ridiculous decisions/press releases and attempt to reunite the fan base and the fans could back their team on the ice throughout the entire game (if not Brent).
Maybe, just maybe the CARDIFF DEVILS can then begin to move out of this 'slump' and pull together towards a bright future in a new home, which is surely what we all want.

Thanks.
Rich
(not pro-Ragan, not anti-Ragan, not pro-Brent, not anti-Brent, not pro-G, not anti-G, just a plain and simple regular fan of the Cardiff Devils)

Foxy

steve said:
This is getting really dull now. Let's be honest - the inferno is being hijacked on a daily basis at present by a coordinated campaign aimed at bringing PR down. I would genuinely love to join you - i've wanted him out since he appropriated all that ST money in the knowledge that the business wouldn't see the new season, but the way you're going about it is quite frankly ruining he forum. No once can post anything without coordinated cluster-posting cronies jumping on the bandwagon.

If you want you can have a saperate thread, you could all step out from the shadows and bask in the glory that there's a whole 5 people out there who give a shit.

And before the brent-lover brand gets stamped on my arse, i don't want brent to be coach, i think he is a divisive influence and will not benefit the club in the long term. That said, G had his chance and bored me to tears in recent years. The last time i saw a devils team show genuine grit, passion and be entertaining on a regular basis, BP was actually the coach. Whatever you think of him, we wouldn't have played like the pussies we have been in recent years.

We get it, you don't want PR - good luck to you, just stop going on about it.

Feel free to reply, but i'm not interested. Too busy.
Are you having a laugh an off day maybe? a moderator who isnt in a mood to moderate............

Cant see a thing wrong with this thread. A question was asked and answers have been given.

Foxy

Rempel16 said:
I have now got four numbers....

5 people give a damn (mentioned here by Steve)
20 or so are actually against the regime (mentioned by Ragan)
Several hundred chanted we want G (mentioned by Finny)
More than 1000 chanted we want G (mentioned by various on Twitter)

Those figures are so polarised and it shows how divided the fan base has actually become.
And the more I see, to be honest the more i am beginning to think there is a cohesive agenda to jump on anything remotely positive from the club and turn it into a negative.

The problem with this, is that with all the rumours, spin, positives being turned to negatives etc it is easy to lose sight of what is actually the truth and what is being exaggerated. I know that I am completely lost with it all.

I fear that those looking to get Ragan out are pushing the negatives too far, to the point that it's pushing people the other way - in that perhaps things aren't quite as bad as people are making out, so are things being fabricated to make the picture look worse?

The intro certainly needs changing to get the fans pumped up, the drummer could do with some further guidance, the players need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and take accountability, the management need to stop with the ridiculous decisions/press releases and attempt to reunite the fan base and the fans could back their team on the ice throughout the entire game (if not Brent).
Maybe, just maybe the CARDIFF DEVILS can then begin to move out of this 'slump' and pull together towards a bright future in a new home, which is surely what we all want.

Thanks.
Rich
(not pro-Ragan, not anti-Ragan, not pro-Brent, not anti-Brent, not pro-G, not anti-G, just a plain and simple regular fan of the Cardiff Devils)
and burying heads in the sand isnt going to help.

If people are being negative its because of the way the management of the club are acting or have acted. The fans didnt ask for this but they can see what is happening, So would you rather them just walk away or raise their concerns and try and bring a bit of normality back. There is not a stream of newbies waiting to fill the void.

I have never been so ashamed of being a Devils fan as i am now. We are a laughing stock

Thread starter #64
Just cause this was my first post shouldn't stand for anything. You either agree or disagree, simple. I don't know why you all feel the need to attack my support or knowledge of hockey. Well my background is as followed I've been devils since I could walk. I've travelled back from my barracks in tidworth on many of Wednesdays and weekends, with a travel time of 2 hrs just to watch them play (4hr round trip). I was a season ticket holder (5 years). I've played nothing special but I've been on the ice. I've read every rule book that's out there. And yes I can understand the ref' s so called doggy calls. I cheer for the team day in day out. I moan when things ain't going right, and like most fans I dream of slamming the steelers in a playoff final. I've traveled to the last 8 playoffs buying my ticket long before the devils even qualify (I'd go if they didn't just for the hockey).
The best thing is what Steve just posted is right and you all prove it by challenging my support of the club and the fact that I haven't posted before... Stop all this negativity and just support the team now when they need us. It been said the players are disheartened with Pope (no solid proof) well I say maybe there fed up of the fan base and the living in the past. Move on or pick another team. The true fans will remain, even with bad management. No one is forcing you to watch on the weekend. That's the last of my rant on this subject, lookforword to my next post which will be a lighter subject. I'm thinking the PP or Something around the icing call.

Many thanks to all the post even the crazy one (no offence).
Feel free to continue on this subject.

Thread starter #65
Sorry one other thing lol. Just look at how many read and how many reply to this post. I should of taken a poll. The people who agree with me maybe the quiet ones..... OR they may side with the others, just something to think of!!! ...

Later all!!!

Finny

VancouverRule84 said:
Sorry one other thing lol. Just look at how many read and how many reply to this post. I should of taken a pole. The people who agree with me maybe the quiet ones..... OR they may side with the others, just something to think of!!! ...

Later all!!!
Nothing stopping you starting a poll. I did one last month regarding the coach changes. Of the 100 people who voted, just 7% agreed with it.

Foxy

VancouverRule84 said:
Sorry one other thing lol. Just look at how many read and how many reply to this post. I should of taken a poll. The people who agree with me maybe the quiet ones..... OR they may side with the others, just something to think of!!! ...

Later all!!!
or maybe other teams fans who just cant believe the mess we're in.........
but it could have a knock on effect for their team

Temme

VancouverRule84 said:
So what have we won. Nothing since 2006-7. I'm sorry if that's ok with you, but not me.... And how many members of the crowd are allowed on the ice. Crowds don't win games players do. I admit they help. I'm pretty sure if we played the cunucks and they had 1 fan and we had the whole of Wales we wouldn't win, lol. If you want Nottingham crowds you need to give something to watch, either a team that wins OR a team that entertains, sadly G couldn't bring us that, and by the look of it neither will pope. I don't blame them, not this season I feel we have an unlucky start, followed by some things that have happened behind closed doors. Things that we think we know, but we are only going off hear say.... At the end the day politics aside until we start scoring and winning the crowds will continue to drop. If you think bringing Adams back will fix that, then I think your mad (no offence).

Thanks for you imput.
G could never bring us that as our arena doesn't hold this many people.
The crowds bring the money that brings the budget that brings the team- the team brings the crowd which brings the budget which brings a better team which brings a better crowd........(it's a vicious circle.)

I'm not saying that G is the answer, but in a blue piece of tarpaulin in Cardiff bay we will not win the league.

I think by 'crowds' you thought I meant the fans- I mean the money that buys the players :)

mazza03

VancouverRule84 said:
Mazza can you just clarify PR knows nothing about hockey? So are you saying Pope knows nothing about hockey? And that the management are listening to him...? Pope enemy's don't attack me I'm just clarifying the last point!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.....
Sorry I should have said allegedly, and I'm repeating what was said to my by someone who knows more than I do, as for Brent knowing about hockey he must do, but whether it's the correct lot of info I don't know because I'm not privy to that information.

steve said:
This is getting really dull now. Let's be honest - the inferno is being hijacked on a daily basis at present by a coordinated campaign aimed at bringing PR down. I would genuinely love to join you - i've wanted him out since he appropriated all that ST money in the knowledge that the business wouldn't see the new season, but the way you're going about it is quite frankly ruining he forum. No once can post anything without coordinated cluster-posting cronies jumping on the bandwagon.

If you want you can have a saperate thread, you could all step out from the shadows and bask in the glory that there's a whole 5 people out there who give a shit.

And before the brent-lover brand gets stamped on my arse, i don't want brent to be coach, i think he is a divisive influence and will not benefit the club in the long term. That said, G had his chance and bored me to tears in recent years. The last time i saw a devils team show genuine grit, passion and be entertaining on a regular basis, BP was actually the coach. Whatever you think of him, we wouldn't have played like the pussies we have been in recent years.

+ 1

TheStub

10redcastleknight said:
steve said:

+ 1
+2

It is like watching squawking, squabbling children. Brent isn't a good coach, and quite frankly an awful PR guy. But he is a charismatic figure head to deal with people who want to be brown nosed.

PR has very little knowledge of hockey, but he has money and the arrogance required to succeed in business. This, with the right support, is good for us.

G was OK at recruiting, but delivered nothing. I've been critical of his coaching for years. I may not like the manner of his leaving, but I'm happy with it.

Now everybody put away your petty little agendas and can we please talk about and enjoy hockey?

jimmy snels

TheStub said:
10redcastleknight said:
steve said:

+ 1
+2

It is like watching squawking, squabbling children. Brent isn't a good coach, and quite frankly an awful PR guy. But he is a charismatic figure head to deal with people who want to be brown nosed.

PR has very little knowledge of hockey, but he has money and the arrogance required to succeed in business. This, with the right support, is good for us.

G was OK at recruiting, but delivered nothing. I've been critical of his coaching for years. I may not like the manner of his leaving, but I'm happy with it.

Now everybody put away your petty little agendas and can we please talk about and enjoy hockey?
+3 had enough too. Agree completely with stub. It was funny because only six months ago you couldn't say a thing mildly negative without getting attacked and told you were wrong by many of the same people who are now clearly carrying agendas. Not a single one has posted on the new player thread. Says it all. Im happy to move on now

davew

There is not much to say about our new D man.

After overspending on kurka we have got the type of player expected: a young (hopefully talented) inexperienced guy looking to make a mark. Signed on a month's try out gives us options if he is good or bad.

Sheincar

davew said:

After overspending on kurka we have got the type of player expected: a young (hopefully talented) inexperienced guy looking to make a mark. Signed on a month's try out gives us options if he is good or bad.
+1

TheStub

davew said:

In not sure we lack talent on D, just depth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk