Transfer deadline

tim78

Thread starter #1
Just read on the Eliteleague.co.uk it's transfer deadline week, set on the 15th Feb.

Will we won't we.

jenks33

I got the impression Coughler was closer to returning than Jardine. If both players are close to a return then surely we won’t see any new signings?

The_Stick_

Though i would be disappointed not to bring in an extra body (Tyson Strachan 2.0 please) Having Coughler and Jardine back will be like new signings themselves. I personally don’t think it will be easy to find someone of their quality on the open market at this time!

Jonesy83

Carl Ackered signed by Steelers - would have liked him at the Devils til the end of the season.
As he was clearly available, we should have been moving heaven and earth to secure him for the season run in, imo.
Belfast & Sheffield bring in players for fun, this is one major area the Devils have severely lacked in.

I honestly hope we tried our best to get him, and if we did and it wasn’t to be fair enough. If no effort was made, it just sums up the expectation for season.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

Carl Ackered signed by Steelers - would have liked him at the Devils til the end of the season.
The Akered from a few years ago I would (partially) agree with you (the partially is because I would still like a forward to stand in front of the NM) but post-injury he hasn't looked great at all. Hopefully this continues ;).... if he gets back to where he was a few years back though then he will be a good signing.

It does show there are a few players out there so hopefully we can pick someone up

E.D.S.

Akered used to do well on the PP for Flames, an area of our game that needs improving. Not to mention another body on a very poor performing D. I don't know if we went in for him or not but I'd like to think we knew he was available and we did all we could.

august04 2.0

Coughler and Jardine getting back in the line up is one thing, keeping them there is another. Who knows how their bodies will react to the intensity of collisions in real game situations? They could just as easily be back to square one, which is why it’s absolutely crucial that we make at least one signing before the deadline.

Swarley

The fact that we’re so static compared to other teams like Belfast and Sheffield when it comes to mid season signings is quite frankly embarrassing
After Fournier was sent packing I just accepted that we ain't going to be bringing anyone in I know we are only a few points from top of the league by I can't honestly see us doing anything about that in the next run of games I accepted that we'd be a 5th place team this season any higher than that is a bonus.

RedDevil17

After Fournier was sent packing I just accepted that we ain't going to be bringing anyone in I know we are only a few points from top of the league by I can't honestly see us doing anything about that in the next run of games I accepted that we'd be a 5th place team this season any higher than that is a bonus.
What I’d do to have Matt Register back…guess you don’t realise what you have until it’s gone!

ASHIPP

Returning from injury is one thing, being match fit and at peak performance is another. Remains to be seen how effective Coughler and Jardine will be, if they return, and for how long.

Baffles me how Giants and Steelers can be so proactive about changing up their rosters at the slightest sign of players underperformed, or players injured. They are serious about pushing to win something this season.

This is another year where our Club seems to limp on and struggle at the most important part of the season, living in the hope that our injured players will finally recover.
Our Club claims to be competitive, they come within sniffing distance of the finishing line...only to fall at the last hurdle because the team is fatigued or shortbenched or not good enough.

The implication is that some help is going to be found but what does that mean. The youngsters from the Pitbulls? A new import?