Vipers v Devils - 06/02 - 6:30pm - Chat/Updates

Russky

Finny said:
Finny hates sport.

I'm getting a season for knitting.

5-1 now 4-1 ouch!

That is a bad weekend Finny! Sorry mate but I do feel sorry for you!

I havent faired much better with only 1 win from 3! Liverpool 1 Toffees 0 Thank heavens for Dirk Kuyt!

osh

Attended my first game in months ( believe it or not, flew in from Middle East via Amst ) Oh dear, what a mistake ! We looked short of direction, intensity, desire and any sort of belief that we could win the game. Credit to the Vipers they got what they deserved, a win over a side that was an insult to a team bearing the proud name of Cardiff Devils. The standard of general play seems to have gone back in time. Poor imports on both sides just going through the motions. Met up with some old foes from the Wasps and Warriors days and we all agreed that the standard has barely moved on from those days ( and that is being very generous ). Despite this, I'll be at the tent tomorrow hoping for a huge improvement on tonight's performance. Nothing but great respect for the few Devils fans who made the trip to the game. Nothing changes in my time away, we are a mediocre team ( who I will always support ) who appear to be going nowhere as a team despite the desire of a genuine owner. I fear for the future of this great sport in the UK, we just don't have the financial clout to take us to the next level, unless anyone can convince me otherwise. Flame away, I've always been honest in my views and hope the players read this. Would love Mr Adams invite me to a midweek team talk !

osh said:
Attended my first game in months ( believe it or not, flew in from Middle East via Amst ) Oh dear, what a mistake ! We looked short of direction, intensity, desire and any sort of belief that we could win the game. Credit to the Vipers they got what they deserved, a win over a side that was an insult to a team bearing the proud name of Cardiff Devils. The standard of general play seems to have gone back in time. Poor imports on both sides just going through the motions. Met up with some old foes from the Wasps and Warriors days and we all agreed that the standard has barely moved on from those days ( and that is being very generous ). Despite this, I'll be at the tent tomorrow hoping for a huge improvement on tonight's performance. Nothing but great respect for the few Devils fans who made the trip to the game. Nothing changes in my time away, we are a mediocre team ( who I will always support ) who appear to be going nowhere as a team despite the desire of a genuine owner. I fear for the future of this great sport in the UK, we just don't have the financial clout to take us to the next level, unless anyone can convince me otherwise. Flame away, I've always been honest in my views and hope the players read this. Would love Mr Adams invite me to a midweek team talk !
I just hope that Mr Burge buy's a big brush for next season and sweeps clean real clean, starting at the top we need changes not wholesale but changes all the same.

Sheincar said:
So as you're calling for changes at the top I take it you want Shannon out. He is the Director of Hockey after all.
Woh!!!!! hang on a min I didn't say any names did I? but I probably meant coach and some players, i think we need new direction thats all whether we will get it who knows, but i would like it

All the old away game excuses are more than exhausted now. Even our home results of late haven't been brilliant. Around Xmas time we were beating teams 6-0, 9-2, 5-1 etc. The last three home games I've attended have been less than impressive, 5-4 win (just), 3-2 OT win, 5-2 loss.

I'm almost not looking forward to tomorrow night now. By all rights we should destroy the Capitals in our barn, but I just can't see it happening anymore. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that we'll win, but I just can't see us getting the big winning margin that we should be getting.

Russky

I think the words knee jerk reaction come to mind when reading josh fiddlers post but he is entitled to his opinion! Everybody knows we are a team that only seems to turn up at home! I think that saying we we should be destroying the Capitals in our barn is being a little unfair on Edinburgh as I think they have won at Sheffield, Nottingham and Coventry this season!

I am also coming round to the opinion that we need a change in Coach and some playing staff but IF we win the challenge cup then G probably would have brought himself another season at the helm! If Not, then I would start wondering how much it would take to lure Ed Patterson back to Cardiff?

mazza03

We don't want Ed back or any old players we need fresh blood.
I don't think I will be renewing my season ticket next year the way I feel right now, I need the money :cry: But then I might change my mind I have after all been a holder since 1992, except for THAT year :cool:

Ger-Devils

Here's an intake of a Cardiff City fans first game last night in Newcastle.

"Well I experienced my 1st Ice Hockey game last night watching the Devils V Newcastle vipers. I must say I quite enjoyed it, we got there for 6.00 staked our claim in the corner by hanging up our cardiff flag and were soon joined by fellow city fans, there was eventully about 20 of us in total but we did keep the vipers fans entertained with various versions of our songs doctored to account for the devils, the vipers fans could not compete as they only had one song....vipers, vipers,one smart arse did start the mandatory 'your just a small town in swansea' but when he had 'thats why we're the capital back at him' he just sat back down to the laughter of the vipers fans around him, any way the score wasnt so good after taking a 1-0 lead we lost 4-1 but overall an entertaining night and we even had the devils players doing the ayatollah at the end.

New fans down the tent possibly?

Russky

Mazza I am not suggesting that we bring old players back, I was just thinking what would it take to get Ed back to Cardiff??

Another away loss. Its pathetic.

We cant win away on big ice or on small ice. Is there really any point travelling. Might aswell just give the 2 points to the other team on away fixtures and stay home.

Our results have not been that great at home either recently. The last two home games ive got bored with nothing happening. Dont get me wrong i love this team and the sport. I cant get enough of it but when you have a good team like this and they just cant get out of first gear its a sad sight.

In my opinion we didnt deserve to win last week at home. and well dont to the vipers tonight for turning things round after players leaving etc etc.

Personally id love to walk in to the tent tonight and see a good game of Devils hockey with us pulling out at least a Sheffield style win over the Capitals of 7-2.

Ive made it very clear over past seasons my dislike of Adams as coach. This season even more as i belive this is the best team he has put together (not counting the team patterson made and he took over) and we just cant win away from our own rink. We have a team that on paper should be up there challenging for this leagues title. Adams has not yet one any silver from a team he has put toegther (cant count the BK cup as patterson put that team together) and if we dont win our best chance of getting something this season in the challenge cup i think its time for a new coach to some in and get us back to our old winning ways.

We have a good new owner who wants us to be a great force again. We have the best fans in the league who want to see glory days back in Cardiff. We have a team that should be win somthing this season.

Only time will tell but i just hope. i really hope we get the home leg of the cup first and win it 5-1

A

Anonymous

nmase20 said:
absolutely gutted, not only did the devils lose, but they lost me my accumulator!!!! every other team won :evil:
Betting on the Devils to win on the road? You deserve to lose your money!! :lol:

Gazza272

Russky said:
Mazza I am not suggesting that we bring old players back, I was just thinking what would it take to get Ed back to Cardiff??

Ed Patterson wasnt a great coach, in fact the challenge cup win mares what was a pretty similar season to G. In fact i'm not sure weather Finny has the stats to back me up here, but i'm fairly certain we went on a poor run with Ed just before the challenge cup final, and we only picked up after we won it?

But any road While we are all dissapointed we are at present on course to have a better season than last season, so for me we have to Give G a further season to see if he can improve again, and if he were to get the sack i would never bring back a former coach, as they are former coaches for a reason in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

There's no excuses at all for such a bad away record, so if a new coach is the answer then it has to be done. My hockey knowledge isn't vast but as a big footy fan I know that it has to go down to either motivation, tactics or both. The last game I went to was the 3:2 OT win against the Panthers, a game I thought overall we pretty much dominated, but then our latest away games have seen us lose to 3 sides all below us? Something really has to be changed. I do agree with the ex-coach comment although it depends on circumstance and why they leave.

TheDevilTorn said:
nmase20 said:
absolutely gutted, not only did the devils lose, but they lost me my accumulator!!!! every other team won :evil:
Betting on the Devils to win on the road? You deserve to lose your money!! :lol:
:lol: i know, looking back on it, i probably would have been more sensible to put it on newcastle, then i would be sitting back happy with an extra £66 in the bank. Damn that stupidity of thinking we could win a road game :p.