Weller rumour from TCW

Thread starter #1
Just looking on TCW live and someone calling themselves "Cardiff Insider" has put

[Comment From Cardiff Insider Cardiff Insider: ]
Craig Weller is due to leave Cardiff, having recieved a offer from a DEL team. He wont be leaving for at least another 2 weeks and press release should be in 3-5 days time. Jon pelle also recieve an offer but declined and decided to stay in cardiff.
Hope this is just a rumour. Apologies if I shouldn't post "rumours" here - maybe just someone messing round seeing how quick it'd turn up on here - bit of a blow if it's true although we couldn't really blame him for accepting the offer.

Weller leaving??????

someone just stated on TWC that Weller leaving after taking up an offer in the DEL :cry: Hope this is just a rumor!!!!!

zoesdevil

Weller leaving??

Apparently according to Panthers TCW Live someone called 'Cardiff insider' said that Weller is leaving the Devils as he has been offered a contract from a DEL team, he won't be leaving for at least another 2 weeks and press release should be in 3-5 days! Also Jon Pelle was also received an offer but declined and decided to stay in Cariff!!!!!! :(

Not sure how true this is but how come they find out before us fans again??!!
Hope it's not true though!!

Wannabe2

Re: Weller leaving??

Can we please knock this thread on the head untill people know what happening, we dont need this at the moment.

TheStub

Re: Weller rumour

I was saying to Chris at the Steelers game that Weller leaving would be a blow, but the whole team have been playing exceptional hockey (possibly under his tutoring no doubt). I guess the whole team are built ready in case he does go.

Can't blame him if he goes. If he wants a shot at the NHL again he needs to play at the highest level he can.

zoesdevil

Yeh no problem just thought Ide inform people incase the news is released and it comes as an even bigger shock at least this gives fans a little time to adjust if possible!! Sorry if I've annoyed anyone!! :cry:

Chris

Administrator

I've merged all 3 topics together, so there's a bit of overlap here and there, but it's better than 3 topics on the go :)

Chris.

Russky

Its surprising what envy etc does to those DESPARATE to try (and fail) to undermine our team spirit and bring our winning run to end, especially some who may have south yorkshire accents! :evil:

Jones72

To be honest, I wouldn't care too much...other than the fact it would be good to watch him play for the rest of the season.

If the rumour is true or not I think the guy has been a (further) catalyst for a very positive change in the team, and while he'd be missed I don't see the rest of the team reverting to performances at the start of the season.

The forwards are immense, the D (an area of concern at the start of the season) are all playing well, as is the third D-man in Stevie. When Myers has been in he's given a good account of himself.

It's the team that's on a 21-game winning streak and wiping the floor with the so-called "big 4". I don't see that changing too much if he moves on.

Craig...obviously I sincerely hope you're staying, but if you're moving on then fair enough...remember your time in Wales in case you ever feel like coming back and thank you for your contribution.

zoesdevil

Chris said:
I've merged all 3 topics together, so there's a bit of overlap here and there, but it's better than 3 topics on the go :)

Chris.
I thought I was going mad then as I posted my comments on my topic and checked and it was on here!! :lol:

drainage

Hope its not true ... if it is can we make the 2 weeks 2 months please :p

However got to ask how some one calling themselves Cardiff Insider releases that on another forum ??? Its not like no one from here reads them so it wouldnt stay a secret would it ?

we all knew he would go ..... I was hoping to get to the end of the season tho.

That said we have won games when he wasnt on his best form so hopefully we can continue that way ...... if he is leaving its been a pleasure watching him play....... and good luck to him in the future but .............. Please Mr Weller think again :D

Some guy posting it anonymously on TCW isn't exactly a great source... :p

Still, deep down we all know Weller is a class above, and him going is always a possibility. If he did go, who would we replace him with at this stage of the year?

zoesdevil

Scott said:

Still, deep down we all know Weller is a class above, and him going is always a possibility. If he did go, who would we replace him with at this stage of the year?
Has he got a twin brother thats a free agent!! :lol:

To be fair to him, he always said he would go if the right offer came along, so if it is true I would like to say thank you Craig, it has been a pleasure watching you. I only hope we can get someone in to replace him before the deadline.

Wannabe2

Take it from me this is news to the club, so can everyone get on with enjoying there Friday. There is a lot of jealousy out there, and jealousy makes people do very strange things, chill out remember your a devil, and look forward to win number 21 tomorrow. Let the other pretenders spread the muck, and why there doing that we continue to roll on.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

DevilDom

Scott said:

Exactly.

Craig has been fantastic but we all knew it would be a temporary stay so IF true I wish him all the best and thank him for his time with us. Maybe he'll come back some day. The rest of the team have also been fantastic and IF its true we still have a very good team. The biggest worry for me would be who we could get in at such short notice to replace him.