Weller rumour from TCW

DevilDom

Re: Weller leaving??

Wannabe2 said:
Take it from me this is news to the club, so can everyone get on with enjoying there Friday. There is a lot of jealousy out there, and jealousy makes people do very strange things, chill out remember your a devil, and look forward to win number 21 tomorrow. Let the other pretenders spread the muck, and why there doing that we continue to roll on.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Wouldn't it be win 22?

drainage

DevilDom said:
Scott said:
Some guy posting it anonymously on TCW isn't exactly a great source... :p

Still, deep down we all know Weller is a class above, and him going is always a possibility. If he did go, who would we replace him with at this stage of the year?
Exactly.

Craig has been fantastic but we all knew it would be a temporary stay so IF true I wish him all the best and thank him for his time with us. Maybe he'll come back some day. The rest of the team have also been fantastic and IF its true we still have a very good team. The biggest worry for me would be who we could get in at such short notice to replace him.
Thinking about it didnt he give an interview where he said he was here for season ?? Or is that my wishful thinking ?

Guess we will know soon enough :eek:

PS arent we after win 22 tho Wannabe????

Chris

Administrator

Can we please knock this thread on the head untill people know what happening, we dont need this at the moment.
Nope.

As already mentioned it's always been a possibility he may leave, whether the rumour is true or not, Weller has said as much himself.

Hopefully it's not true and we'll see him until the end of the season, but if it turns out to be true then hopefully the team will keep playing as well as they have been.

As it goes though, that this broke on TCW rather than on here or THF seems a bit strange, but still...

Chris.

TheStub

Re: Re: Weller leaving??

Wannabe2 said:
Take it from me this is news to the club, so can everyone get on with enjoying there Friday. There is a lot of jealousy out there, and jealousy makes people do very strange things, chill out remember your a devil, and look forward to win number 21 tomorrow. Let the other pretenders spread the muck, and why there doing that we continue to roll on.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
To be honest, the response has been fairly muted.

Shows what we think of this team...even when someone makes a suprious rumor we are really quite positive.

Hmm even the time of the so called press release 3-5, how many days is it before we play them in the CC.

They must be bored watching the game on the webcast I know I am

wildthing74

I reckon this is just a Panthers or Steelers fan stiring.We have enough well placed posters on here to have known about this and why would it break on another team's forum?More than fishy to me.

Craig has been fantastic for us. we have had him cheap and all credit to him for putting hockey first. should he take up a place in a higher league team then you cannot blame him, yes we will miss him but what a memory we have of his skill/class etc.
Please stay craig but whatever your choice we at the devils shall always remember you.

Kipper

wildthing74 said:
I reckon this is just a Panthers or Steelers fan stiring.We have enough well placed posters on here to have known about this and why would it break on another team's forum?More than fishy to me.
Agreed.I have it on good authority that there is no foundation to this

The team really does not need a thread like this at the moment.Mods,can we delete this at least until it can be substantiated? To me it looks like a Nottingham fan who is trying to cause a bit of friction and uncertainty in the team.

wildthing74

It does seem to be bull and having asked around it is news to everybody.Well done to the Pantie whoever you are to get us all up and off our sofa tonight!

Chris

Administrator

The team really does not need a thread like this at the moment.Mods,can we delete this at least until it can be substantiated? To me it looks like a Nottingham fan who is trying to cause a bit of friction and uncertainty in the team.
No.

The rumour might not be liked, but as has been pointed out by several posters already, we've always known Weller might have offers coming in from other teams, teams in bigger and better leagues than ours. Weller has always said he may leave depending on the offer coming in, I can't find the link at the moment though.

However as others have already pointed out this rumour was started on TCW's coverage of the Giants v Panthers, it seems slightly odd that it would break on there first, supposedly by a Cardiff fan, rather than on here or THF first.

Kipper has mentioned that the rumour is seemingly not true, i'll take his word for it unless the club come out with anything different :)

Chris.

Thread starter #36

drainage said:
Thinking about it didnt he give an interview where he said he was here for season ?? Or is that my wishful thinking ?quote]

You may be thinking of the Q&A session with PR...

Q: Will Craig Weller stay until the end of the season?
A:
• PR said that Craig will stay until the end of the season and that Craig is very happy here.
• PR said that this year’s Devils players are a great bunch of guys and that Craig gives everyone confidence: he’s a quality guy on and off the ice. PR said that the Devils organisation will try to get him to play here in the future.
• In terms of the future, PR explained that Craig is still keen to play another year in the NHL and would obviously take that up were it offered to him; however, the Devils have are aiming for long term offers such as getting him back here later on in his career.

Earnie

'Cardiff Insider' ?
Envy is not a nice thing.
Lets get NCIS on the trail and find out who the joker is. Then we can have an old fashioned public hanging in the grounds of Cardiff Castle.

Diafol

It's a bit early for rumours isn't it ? I thought those started at the playoff weekend !

While it's extremely disappointing news if it's true (IF !!!!) it's not the end of the world.

Players come, players go, the club moves on.

However, if Craig decided to sign a longer-term contract, I for one would be a very happy chappy !