Who would be your ideal next HC and AC?

The_Stick_

Thread starter #1
Interested to get peoples opinions on this!

My choices would be -

HC - Dan Ceman
AC - Stephen Dixon
Player AC - Joey Martin

Belfast notably have 2 ACs in Awada and Stewart, so would like to see us go with a similar approach, and in my opinion Joey Martin is a future Head Coach in the making!

kettdevil1

My choices would be -

HC - Dan Ceman
AC - Stephen Dixon
Player AC - Joey Martin

Belfast notably have 2 ACs in Awada and Stewart, so would like to see us go with a similar approach, and in my opinion Joey Martin is a future Head Coach in the making!
Ceman is clearly an accomplished coach and I would be very happy for him to be here but.... I can't see him leaving Kosice and I can't see them getting rid of him

My choices would be -

HC - Dan Ceman
AC - Stephen Dixon
Player AC - Joey Martin

I quite like the idea of Ceman but whether he’d come I don’t know. If we are going for 2 AC’s I would like Joey Martin player AC and Adam Cracknell player AC.
I’ve heard rumours that Dixon has signed in Europe in a coaching capacity but would take him back on a heartbeat as well.

moggy#9

The thing is that there's a massive difference between a person as a player and a coach. Some truly incredible players have been a complete bust as a coach (e.g. Gretzky). The game has changed massively since the days when raw drive and enthusiasm could get you success. I think that personality is still a vital trait, but it's more important to have an innate feel for the way the game develops tactically, an eye for detail and be able to innovate tactically. That's why lordo was successful.

A coaching or assistant coaching gig on a senior team shouldn't just be considered an automatic reward for a long serving player. For some, a better fit might be to help in the junior programme, where their status would inspire the next generation and help them understand the level of commitment needed in playing to a high level. Other players, when their careers draw to an end, should consider becoming an official. That would certainly result in an increase in the quality of the way games are called over time.

I don't know enough about players outside their playing performance to know if coaching might be for them.

BostonBart22

A head coach that is not to friendly with players our downfall season just gone, an assistant coach in the mould of finnerty or Stevenson clan, no ex devils as franny top notch and got to stay .

Ocko

Also curious; Dupont and Horn rightly or wrongly got a slating on here. Why was Franny exempt from this? Has he outgrown his time on the bench?

Swarley

Curious, why do people think louis as AC?
He's a seasoned defence player

Loves the club

He has ran through walls for the badge at times

He also has a lot of respect from his team mates

I personally believe he has a lot to offer the club as an assistant coach given the chance, he's a student of the Lordo era and could possibly write the wrongs created over the last season.

Swarley

Also curious; Dupont and Horn rightly or wrongly got a slating on here. Why was Franny exempt from this? Has he outgrown his time on the bench?
Because horn and Dupont ran this season, franny was literally there if needed and they clearly didn't use him when they should of.

Swarley

How do you know that?
Not saying it's an absolute fact but from where I stand in the arena I could see franny was always on point watching the game and watching Dupont and Horn and they never looked to him for advice, which I can understand if they're trying to figure out things on their own and getting results but in my opinion they didn't lean on franny when they should of for help.