Who would be your ideal next HC and AC?

moggy#9

Wow, that's an impressive cv. An American with extensive experience of europe ticks a lot of boxes, but would a lack of experience of the British game be an issue?

The_Stick_

Thread starter #42
Wow, that's an impressive cv. An American with extensive experience of europe ticks a lot of boxes, but would a lack of experience of the British game be an issue?
Lack of British experience I would definitely agree would be an issue, however then I feel we are limited to who we can appoint. If we’re not going to get someone with experience in UK hockey, I personally want someone with European experience, and as you said this guy certainly ticks that box

Have Hope#35

Batch will obviously be back as its his testimonial.

Wish he wasn't to be honest.
The guy looks like he don't wanna be here half the time.
His testimonial was this season... Batch had a breakout season 21/22, something didn't quite click last season! I guess the question is whether he can get back to that form?

moggy#9

Lack of British experience I would definitely agree would be an issue, however then I feel we are limited to who we can appoint. If we’re not going to get someone with experience in UK hockey, I personally want someone with European experience, and as you said this guy certainly ticks that box
There's also the questions of whether the right choice of assistant would negate that concern. I would certainly love to have someone like Stephen Dixon as an assistant.

With that CV I doubt we could tempt him to the EIHL....but if on the off chance he was an option we'd be foolish to let lack of British experience get in the way. If he brought both his sons with him would be nice haha!

Gavevs88

How quickly a player can change, season 21/22 best season in a Devils shirt, season 22/23 may as well not been out there, was just a body on the ice.
It was mad how much he went downhill from one season to the next, he was terrible this year and looked like he didn't want to be there.

lloyd_jeff

One glaringly obvious but missed point by many is the fact we play on a European size ice rink, yet continue to recruit North Americans. Sorry but wake up Todd……it ain’t working.

moggy#9

One glaringly obvious but missed point by many is the fact we play on a European size ice rink, yet continue to recruit North Americans. Sorry but wake up Todd……it ain’t working.
That's a very valid point. For me it's a big reason that we should play more of a puck retention game and not keep giving away the puck cheaply.

Finny

It didn't do us any harm when we won two league titles in a row with North Americans.

What is the size of the ice pad in Belfast?

moggy#9

Well Pete Russell has cut 3 Devils from GB Batch,Davies and Duggan.
So not sure how that would work if was to join us.
That's interesting. Batch I can kind of understand, but Davies and duggan are great on the ok, and we know how good Davies is in a clutch situation from GB games in the past.