Who would be your ideal next HC and AC?

moggy#9

Bowns proved that when he has an organised D in front of him, like he did for GB, he is more than good enough to be our main Nettie.
Unfortunately I have to disagree. For the most part, for GB, he didn't face anything like the level of pressure not the quality of shot that exists in the elite league. The biggest thing for me though is that, although he's a big game player, he doesn't maintain that over the complete season - at least not any more.

I still maintain that we need a technically superior goalie with the ability to play the puck much more effectively. Some may disagree, and that's fine - but it's just the way I see it.

RedDevil17

Bowns proved that when he has an organised D in front of him, like he did for GB, he is more than good enough to be our main Nettie.
With all due respect to these teams, Lithuania, Romania and Korea aren’t exactly great, and he nearly cost us the game against Poland with a few howlers. I seem to recall him conceding a poor goal against Italy too.

moggy#9

I was wondering how long it would be until the experts on here explained that the EIHL is a better standard than IIHF Division 1A.
Even if you want to suggest, in absolute terms, that the teams GB played are better than in eihl (I only saw a handful of players who were anywhere near eihl level), in relative terms, compared to GB, Romania, Korea and Lithuania aren't great. The shot totals and quality of shots were such that bowns was barely tested in some games. You'll seldom see an eihl game with so few shots.

How about showing some respect to those with differing opinions? Even better, how about you back up your position with something other than just a dismissive comment.

moggy#9

I'd expect an announcement tomorrow. There's no way the devils would have announced it before his German club announced he was leaving - they're too classy to do anything else.