Devils Vs Stars - League - 12th Dec 21

august04 2.0

Devils will turn the tide around on Wednesday and then fail once again the weekend.

That's my prediction.
Let’s be honest, Dundee are no great shakes either, so yes, you'd hope we can still turn around that 2 goal deficit. Does it make much difference though for the CC tournament? This team isn’t winning anything this year nor getting remotely close to any silverware.

Yes, you might enjoy watching his team but I’m not.
I very much don't as well but you can't say his recruitment is shocking when he has bought in those players. Some players haven't hit the mark but you would expect that from a completely new team. We have had passengers over the last few years which were carried by the exceptional core that we had. I doubt he had much of a say in O'Connor and Davies. Davies hasn't been close to the same player he was at Guilford and O'Connor isn't clicking either.

I completely agree that tonight was woeful and boring. Too many games this year have been poor sadly.

kristian

How much input does Francis have day to day coaching?
Surely he knows what it takes to be a Devil.

Get them in in the morning sit them down show them some intros the we see before games. Show them what the fans done when we literally had nowhere to play and how much passion the fans have.

To try and give some perspective...we are 3rd in a close and competitive league, and I have a feeling that come the end of the season a lot of people on this forum may feel a bit silly after some of the stuff that is being said on here at the moment.

As for the matches that we're having to watch, I think we need to accept that the time of blowing away everyone except Giants/Steelers/Panthers is over, the league is just more competitive than it has been, and we have been spoilt in recent years as Devils fans.

august04 2.0

I very much don't as well but you can't say his recruitment is shocking when he has bought in those players. Some players haven't hit the mark but you would expect that from a completely new team. We have had passengers over the last few years which were carried by the exceptional core that we had. I doubt he had much of a say in O'Connor and Davies. Davies hasn't been close to the same player he was at Guilford and O'Connor isn't clicking either.

I completely agree that tonight was woeful and boring. Too many games this year have been poor sadly.
His recruitment has failed, both in ability of several players and just as importantly, in their characters too. There are players on this team who don’t have what it takes to wear that shirt. There’s no escaping that, however hard you try to dress it up.

ASHIPP

The problem is that Todd and Franny tied up a lot of reputational capital in skalde. They basically bragged about how thorough their recruitment process was. They said they had coaches with massive reputations apply, but this was their man. Skalde's failure is their failure.
Wonder who the others were on the shortlist?

Wannabe2

How much input does Francis have day to day coaching?
Surely he knows what it takes to be a Devil.

Get them in in the morning sit them down show them some intros the we see before games. Show them what the fans done when we literally had nowhere to play and how much passion the fans have.
Why, the word passion isn’t in their vocabulary, show them our intros, they don’t mean Jack to someone who couldn’t give a shit, as for caring about fans don’t even go there please.

Think Wednesday's game is a tipping point in so many ways. The wrong result would have repercussions for revenue. And if they win, then will everything be OK or just carry on as usual?

How I miss Myers and Mosey, I look on regrettably how well they are doing at their new clubs. And try to fathom out how on earth they were let go (when ostensibly they were both returning this season).
Wednesday game is already game over 2 goals down already do you think this team can beat the stars, can’t beat them in the league when it’s 0-0 to start off with .

It’s always new members that talk this tripe, wonder who they may be DUH.
New members who talk this tripe. You talk an absolute boat load of tripe. How about read what I responded to. A point was made about recruitment of players being poor. Those four players aren't poor or do you disagree?

To try and give some perspective...we are 3rd in a close and competitive league, and I have a feeling that come the end of the season a lot of people on this forum may feel a bit silly after some of the stuff that is being said on here at the moment.

As for the matches that we're having to watch, I think we need to accept that the time of blowing away everyone except Giants/Steelers/Panthers is over, the league is just more competitive than it has been, and we have been spoilt in recent years as Devils fans.
What team have you been watching over the past few weeks this team at present won’t even make the playoffs

It’s only close and competitive because from 3rd down all the teams are all pretty much either crap or bang average.
And the gap between the top 2 and the rest of the league will be a damn sight wider by the end of the season.

This team needs passion and determination from their coach, just not there. We have some good players but not enough of them. That was obvious a while ago but no desire/will to make adjustments is what has frustrated fans. Need to be mindful though that financial constraints maybe in place and the days when we can bring in a Strachan are not there at the moment!! All I ask is that whoever plays for us, does so with 100% commitment. Won't win us every game but at least I will be able to commend the effort!

His recruitment has failed, both in ability of several players and just as importantly, in their characters too. There are players on this team who don’t have what it takes to wear that shirt. There’s no escaping that, however hard you try to dress it up.
I agree with you that there are players who aren't performing 100 percent - and there are more than any of us would like. I'm just trying to be slightly positive with the fact that we have retained good players as well as adding a handful of players which I believe to be good and would have back next year.

jimmy snels

We are literally the most boring team to watch. Even when we won nothing at least we had talking points. That tonight was a snooooooozzzze fest. Boring as hell. I'll be jacking my season ticket in if this is what 400 plus quid buys you!