Devils Vs Stars - League - 12th Dec 21

Swarley

Anyone still think dupont will become good??

Sack him sack skalde bye bye
Thought this for a while now, dupont isn't worth his contract and skalde just doesn't seem to have any passion or interest beyond repeating his same script every time he's interviewed, how can the owners expect a sell out arena when the atmosphere is sucked dry by a coach who doesn't care and a player who earns a decent wage packet but doesn't do anything notable to earn it.

As a season ticket holder I feel cheated that this is the coach and team we got and I really hope the owners feel cheated as well because this is a team that couldn't win a rigged game of tic tac toe right now.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Hate to say it but it's blatantly, painfully true... this team offers nothing offensively. Our two potential goalscorers (Reid and Sandford) were totally smothered, squeezed and pushed off the puck tonight. Other than them, there is no-one who can use their hockey smarts to pull off something when needed. Without McNally there is no-one who can lift the crowd or the team by doing something different.
Yes they have 3 imports out at the mo... Steelers were banged up and rolled with 14 skaters a couple of weeks ago. I think they still managed to win all their games.

It's going to be a long and frustrating season without evidence of positive progress and development. Isn't that what re-building teams do... I mean we've been told it's a rebuild. Is it?

Devils86

Well, that was dreadful. The only positive is that we managed to get the bears on the ice.

From front to back I'm not sure anyone can be happy with how they played. PP was predictable and slow. Transition was scrappy and disjointed. It was like watching us in our post-CHL slump.

Having taken a few months to judge its simple: the recruitment has not worked. We only have Dixon as an effective center. Our D-core doesn't have the ability or will to step up when our forwards are not producing. For me at this moment (still a long way to go this year) I wouldn't retain BOC, Du Pont, Lammon, or Davies. When we are 3 guys down we can't afford to carry 4 more. With 3 line hockey there are no places for players to hide and no-one stepped up to try and win that game tonight.

Unrealistic I know but if you replace those 4 above with Fournier, Martin, Haddad and Myers....what a side that would be.

There was zero fluidity or chemistry tonight; zero fight or desire to right it and we made a poor Stars team look...well just as bad as us. I would be interested to see what bar sales were like tonight as that may have driven some to drink.

I usually try and bring a friend to a game every couple weeks - the seat next to me as a ST holder is sometimes vacant - I'm so glad I didn't take anyone to their first game tonight as that was boring and nothing like I have come to love at the Devils.

As many have said I don't mind losing entertaining games, or even scrappy games as long as there is fight in the team, but we were just mediocre at best tonight. This side doesn't have the ability to win games when it plays badly, and it very rarely grinds out victories. Unfortunately the silverware won't be coming to Cardiff this season.

McNulty may have been only a Devil since last night but he looked pretty awful tonight - needs to improve exponentially if he wants a deal after 3 weeks. For a big guy (6'7") he doesn't throw his weight and gets bullied of the puck to easily. He looks like a tall skater as it takes longer for the messages from his brain reach his feet and hands - a liability tonight. Josh Batch had to work twice as hard as his D-partner.

On a final note it's a shame that the league format (3 line hockey with spares) appears to have pushed Dugan to the periphery of the side which can't be good for his development. The Brit line tonight was not effective - as it wasn't earlier in the season.

Mazzoak

Where’s Mazzoak to tell us all to calm down as we’re in for a rollercoaster season? Rollercoaster?! More like a broken down teacups ride down Barry Island.
Right here reading the fan melt down wondering why fans are expecting a sudden turn around in fortunes from previous weeks.

Swamp Rabbits results under Lord are far worse than here, so that cheers me up..........................

Swarley

pretty honest review by him.
"players need to bring passion and emotion next Wednesday, huge game for the organisation and the players"
Sorry but if that's skaldes response he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror because he's the one lacking emotion and passion and its infected the team with it, this team with a coach who actually cares could be amazing but you can't play well when your coach is constantly foot watching his shoes.

august04 2.0

There’s not much to say really, that was just a totally unacceptable performance. This team is not only short on quality but gutless too. Skalde's recruitment has been shocking but the Devils management must take some blame here too. They effectively waived the white flag on this season by not bringing in replacements for those players who haven’t performed since the start of the season. What are they waiting for with DuPont? He’s bloody useless, and anyone who could view players objectively and not through rose tinted specs would have seen that months ago. Even comparing him with Layne Ulmer is a gross insult to the latter. He ain’t coming good, so get rid. And he’s not the only one too. Some of these players are a disgrace to the Devils shirt. Pathetic.

Hockeymad

There’s not much to say really, that was just a totally unacceptable performance. This team is not only short on quality but gutless too. Skalde's recruitment has been shocking but the Devils management must take some blame here too. They effectively waived the white flag on this season by not bringing in replacements for those players who haven’t performed since the start of the season. What are they waiting for with DuPont? He’s bloody useless, and anyone who could view players objectively and not through rose tinted specs would have seen that months ago. Even comparing him with Layne Ulmer is a gross insult to the latter. He ain’t coming good, so get rid. And he’s not the only one too. Some of these players are a disgrace to the Devils shirt. Pathetic.
I got told to shut up I know nothing about dupont.

I'm glad people see it aswell even if it is 2 months after I mentioned it. 20 us games and he is still as slow as a cart horse with no passion or pride at all