Devils Vs Stars - League - 12th Dec 21

Wannabe2

Replacing DuPont wouldn’t change anything 1 iota, 5/6 at the very least might possibly help, but they would have to be something else. The best thing about Saturday night down the IAW is having a beer with friends, do away with the 3, 20 mins of interference and it’s a good night.

ASHIPP

Think Wednesday's game is a tipping point in so many ways. The wrong result would have repercussions for revenue. And if they win, then will everything be OK or just carry on as usual?

How I miss Myers and Mosey, I look on regrettably how well they are doing at their new clubs. And try to fathom out how on earth they were let go (when ostensibly they were both returning this season).

august04 2.0

Replacing DuPont wouldn’t change anything 1 iota, 5/6 at the very least might possibly help, but they would have to be something else. The best thing about Saturday night down the IAW is having a beer with friends, do away with the 3, 20 mins of interference and it’s a good night.
But we're not going to change 5 or 6, so what else is there? Just give up on the season, which is what we seem to have done? We should have changed 1 or 2 at the very least, weeks ago. That might have shaken the rest of the team up too and got them out of their comfort zone. I get your point though, and I’m not sure Skalde would get anything out of any replacements anyway.

Swarley

Dupont hasn't produced but I blame the coach for this, skaldes head hasn't been in the game at all and it's shown clear as day, he just isn't right for the team.

I'll happily be proven wrong but I doubt I will because we don't fire people we ride the season out and then grease people with big flashy adverts of change is coming.

kingmo19.1

At least the red illuminated lighting on the outside of the rink looked nice !

Big challenge for the management now -
Not been in a pickle like this before.

Do they adhere to wanting to be the most cosy all inclusive club on the planet where no player is ever threatened, held to account and released and thus potentially frustrate a large element of the fan base continuing with that approach. OR …. Does the penny finally drop with them in that fans are not happy with the effort this group are putting in and change a few faces!

Management, over to you ……

There’s not much to say really, that was just a totally unacceptable performance. This team is not only short on quality but gutless too. Skalde's recruitment has been shocking but the Devils management must take some blame here too. They effectively waived the white flag on this season by not bringing in replacements for those players who haven’t performed since the start of the season. What are they waiting for with DuPont? He’s bloody useless, and anyone who could view players objectively and not through rose tinted specs would have seen that months ago. Even comparing him with Layne Ulmer is a gross insult to the latter. He ain’t coming good, so get rid. And he’s not the only one too. Some of these players are a disgrace to the Devils shirt. Pathetic.
Skaldes recruitment has been shocking? Carruth, Register, Crandall and Reid..

Thought this for a while now, dupont isn't worth his contract and skalde just doesn't seem to have any passion or interest beyond repeating his same script every time he's interviewed, how can the owners expect a sell out arena when the atmosphere is sucked dry by a coach who doesn't care and a player who earns a decent wage packet but doesn't do anything notable to earn it.

As a season ticket holder I feel cheated that this is the coach and team we got and I really hope the owner feel cheated as well because this is a team that couldn't win a rigged game of tic tac toe right now.
It’s difficult to compare from the euphoria of the Lord era but this team has no identity in comparison. Skalde doesn’t appear as passionate as Lordo, it’s just missing something. They can play but it seems like some days they’re up for it and others they just want to get the game done.

Wannabe2

Just watched Skalde interview, we don’t play hard enough, no shit Sherlock, we don’t have any passion, well guess what buddy, your the coach, try taking some of the blame it’s the same old gags every interview. Hate to say this but bugger it, the team ain’t up to it, and neither is the coach. This has to be the worse team since the - - - - - | - - - - era.

Devils86

I got told to shut up I know nothing about dupont.

I'm glad people see it aswell even if it is 2 months after I mentioned it. 20 us games and he is still as slow as a cart horse with no passion or pride at all
Theres a difference between wanting a player sacked after 3 or 4 games, and after 3 or 4 months. Knee-jerk reactions rarely come off. Every now and then (as it appears in this case) it transpires that initial reaction may be correct, but overall I'd rather the organisation made reasoned, rational and pragmatic decisions rather than dropping a player every time we start a run of bad form.

Hedd Wyn John

But we're not going to change 5 or 6, so what else is there? Just give up on the season, which is what we seem to have done? We should have changed 1 or 2 at the very least, weeks ago. That might have shaken the rest of the team up too and got them out of their comfort zone. I get your point though, and I’m not sure Skalde would get anything out of any replacements anyway.
Looking at the league right now (& yes I know it's very early to make any calls) Steelers are clearly a step above the rest of the league and Giants are looking strong as well if maybe a step down from Sheffield. What can I say, both Belfast & Steelers have recruited well. If I were a betting man I'd say any silverware is likely to go to those 2 teams. Its hockey though, it is early days but we're clearly not on the same level as those two teams and I don't see any other team who is at this stage. We're struggling against teams that Sheffield are putting to bed with ease.

august04 2.0

Skaldes recruitment has been shocking? Carruth, Register, Crandall and Reid..
Yes, you might enjoy watching his team but I’m not.
Just saw his interview too - I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing the same old excuses and shite from this guy, game after game. Do something about it coach, or get players in who will listen to him.

Last edited:

tim78

A few good moments tonight, watching Register enter their zone seemed to provide a bit of momentum and when Waller got motoring.

But the board work is shocking, we've been lucky over the last few seasons as nearly every play a devils player won the puck but this season we just seem to bobble it or give it away.