Devils Vs steelers - League - 26th March 22

ASHIPP

This was always going to be a difficult game. The Steelers have had one or two back from injury. They already knew the Devils' weakness was a shortbench and missing defencemen.

It's difficult to be motivated and energised being worn down like that. The downside is that the shortbenched situation is unlikely to change. Trying to look for an upside....there aren't many more games to play. It's damage limitation and try and take their chances where possible from now on.

Pembo

Hope Waller isn’t too injured at the end there.
Looked really worrying seeing Waller coming off landed awkwardly, Couldn’t tell if it was groin or wrist, Have a nasty feeling was wrist, he looked in a fair bit of pain. May need Brodie Dupont back on the ice again.

Waller was hit by ellerby and we didnt do anything about it .We are coasting to the playoffs which is a dangerous tactic considering the others side are all fighting to stay in it.

Hedd Wyn John

No chance...when you play Sheffield a win is a must at all costs but not tonight, the season is over , just can't play with 4 D the last 4 or 5 weeks and till end of season..ludicrous
They certainly didn't go out to win. Granted 4D means you'll be tired but they look half asleep from the get go.

Hedd Wyn John

Of course they went out to win. Factors out of their control made it extremely difficult to get the win, and Sheffield were the much better team on the night, that's it. Nothing to do with desire.
Forgive me but the first 2 goals they let Sheffield just stroll in on net like it was a walk in the park. You won't win many games with workrate like that.

Rhyan48

Waller was hit by ellerby and we didnt do anything about it .We are coasting to the playoffs which is a dangerous tactic considering the others side are all fighting to stay in it.
Because we got a bunch of fairy’s this season how won’t do anything about sticking up for the team ! This summer needs a massive reshuffle only a few in this team I would keep if they want to start winning again

Because we got a bunch of fairy’s this season how won’t do anything about sticking up for the team ! This summer needs a massive reshuffle only a few in this team I would keep if they want to start winning again
Totally agree with you i keep only 3 imports the rest can go for me just not good
I agree with your comment we are just powderpuff in the forwards and defense coxe,coughler, brandt and carruth are the only 4 imports i would retain who show abit of fire.

Rhyan48

Totally agree with you i keep only 3 imports the rest can go for me just not good

I agree with your comment we are just powderpuff in the forwards and defense coxe,coughler, brandt and carruth are the only 4 imports i would retain who show abit of fire.
Just not good enough work effort is just not there it’s not a devils team we are use too they are professionals hockey consists of loads of games and so on yes it’s a rebuild but had planet of time it’s just not good enough we can beat anyone but we can also loose to anyone

august04 2.0

That was a very poor performance and I don’t buy into this idea posted on here tonight that we should cruise the next few games and be fit for the play offs. Hockey tends not to work like that, it’s very difficult to just flick a switch and turn it back on. Fatigue and bad habits are creeping back into this team, not surprisingly either given the lack of bodies at the back. This season is petering out into mediocrity and I’m very disappointed that we're still playing with 4 D after so long, with no sign of either McNulty or Mikkelson being fit again. McNulty in particular has been a long term jury (injured way before the transfer deadline) and we should have brought in injury cover for him. Not doing that cost us the Challenge Cup and will cost us a play off finals spot if one of those two doesn’t get back into the line up soon. I really don’t fancy our chances against Dundee, Clan or whoever else it may be, when playing with only 4 D. Roll on next season, and I hope we never see the Devils organisation give up on a season, like we seem to have done this year. At the most crucial time, Steelers and Giants covered for injuries and are now getting players back. We didn’t and it has cost us any chance of silverware this year.

Slartibartfast

Our D are exhausted and that means a lot of mistakes. Reggie is a great D man but when he is tired he passes into opposition skates a lot.
I have heard that Nikkelson is out for the season. Anyone know what the status of McNulty is. We so need him back. He really settled the team defensively. I really don't like the thought of going into the playoffs with 4 D.