2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

jimmy snels

bb1 said:
Very true. Forgot Lordo said that. Still think we'd need a tough punishing d man IMO
Absolutely. Culligan did ok on D but hardly set the world alight. We need that horrid Dman. Hotham and founier will put up the points from D. But a 3rd D pairing that matches a tough 3rd/4th line of panthers/sheff etc is needed imo. Always liked mcallister a few years back. Best id seen at being a toughDman.

If I remember correctly, Culli ands Batch playing together were only on the ice for 1 goal against in possibly the last 8 games. Granted they didn't get as much ice time as the other pairings but that really was a very high level of play. It's hard to please everyone though!

jimmy snels said:
Absolutely. Culligan did ok on D but hardly set the world alight. We need that horrid Dman. Hotham and founier will put up the points from D. But a 3rd D pairing that matches a tough 3rd/4th line of panthers/sheff etc is needed imo. Always liked mcallister a few years back. Best id seen at being a toughDman.

I have to echo that regarding Chris McAllister! He was absolutely fantastic, took no messing whatsoever and made players think twice before they even crossed the blue line. Was always gutted that we had never signed him! I think that him and Craig Weller were two of the best defencemen I have ever seen.

Seeing as Bentivoglio looks to be a deadcert, I really think we need to add a bit of size and toughness to the team. However, I also think this could be the year we see Jeff Ulmer.

In order to balance us out a bit, please can we have:
One big nasty D Man who will push opposing forwards around and clear the net. A young Chris McAllister if you like.

Brian McGrattan ;)

Temme

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=8796
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10245
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11016
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11249

A few names to throw into the pool that are "of the mould" that I hope we're looking for, although these standard of players tend to jump from LIIGA-DEL-SWISS A-KHL, it could be possible that we can poach a player from the top European leagues.

There should be a few AHL level tough guys looking oversees with the recent rule changes, which is in my opinion why we are holding out so long for ours.

The last thing I want us to end up with a player with zero offence/experience at a higher level, for me Klotz at Coventry is an awful signing.

116 ECHL games, 6 goals, 17 total points and a -33 rating? What on earth do they see in him?

Devil94

From their twitter activity, Ulmer and Bentivoglio both look like deadcerts to coming here. I know twitter activity rumours haven't got any actual substance behind them, but they are often correct.
If they do both come, that would mean the forwards are done and will need a big body on defence.
Unless Culligan plays d all year, making room for a big forward. The defence looks rather small for me then though.
Although we have been told that we are looking for a big power forward. Not filling the gap made by Salters leaving would not make sense to me.
We shall see.

P.S Yonkman would be awesome..

Temme

Devil94 said:
From their twitter activity, Ulmer and Bentivoglio both look like deadcerts to coming here. I know twitter activity rumours haven't got any actual substance behind them, but they are often correct.
If they do both come, that would mean the forwards are done and will need a big body on defence.
Unless Culligan plays d all year, making room for a big forward. The defence looks rather small for me then though.
Although we have been told that we are looking for a big power forward. Not filling the gap made by Salters leaving would not make sense to me.
We shall see.

Steve King has mentioned a "big guy" (in a joking way at a hot dog eating contest!) but there must be some truth in it I guess.

No disrespect, but I'd rather not look for someone in the Salters mould, he wasn't the player I thought he would be last year. I want a big hitting, in your face power forward, Salters was none of those things. Whether or not injuries factored into that or whatever I don't care, but he was billed as the next Voth style player and just didn't deliver for me!

zoesdevil

Temme said:
Devil94 said:
We shall see.

Steve King has mentioned a "big guy" (in a joking way at a hot dog eating contest!) but there must be some truth in it I guess.

No disrespect, but I'd rather not look for someone in the Salters mould, he wasn't the player I thought he would be last year. I want a big hitting, in your face power forward, Salters was none of those things. Whether or not injuries factored into that or whatever I don't care, but he was billed as the next Voth style player and just didn't deliver for me!
I agree pal, with the new signings he was the one I was most excited about, seeing play for us. But he was the most disappointing one for me too! Which is a shame, as we saw glimpses of how good he could of been for us!

ASHIPP

It will not be Brian McGrattan. This is the same sought of extreme wishful thinking as believing the Biz was going to re-sign.

Cody Sol has been linked to UK before. Looks the sort of tough , pointscoring young gun that could be a good fit in this league.

Whilst its nice to think that because individuals follow others on social media that it's a guarantee of something happening. Dave Simms follows Piers Morgan but it's not a 'dead cert' they are friends is it?

Wait to enjoy it when it's in black and white.

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Jean Francois jacques and jeff Ulmer both played in the same league last year and both put up the same amount of points. If I'm honest id take the above two and Bentivoglio. I'd be more than happy with those guys for sure! Points win games not punches, and between them all there's plenty of points!

ASHIPP

terry hunt said:
I didnt realise that Piers Morgan played Ice Hockey
No but the fact that Simms exchanges tweets with him doesn't make it a 'dead cert' that they are friends.
Just as players tweeting a club or a coach doesn't make it a 'dead cert' they are joining said club. That was the conclusion some earlier posters seemed to have arrived at.

bb1

noodlesboy said:
Jean Francois jacques and jeff Ulmer both played in the same league last year and both put up the same amount of points. If I'm honest id take the above two and Bentivoglio. I'd be more than happy with those guys for sure! Points win games not punches, and between them all there's plenty of points!
Yep they did. As good as Ulmer is I'd rather a tough D man like Hendo at the back. We already have crazy points scorers and skill. We need more ruggedness which we'd get from Hendo and a player like JF Jacques. Rosehill would be another great energy player who I'd love to see in UK.

I really really do hope we have a prolific power forward lined up. It's something we really missed last season as Salters wasn't fit enough to do it.

The best shift I saw all season was the CC final first shift that Janssen, Lawrence and I think farmer? Put in. Their terrorised us with physicality and huge hits. Batchy looked shell shocked and it went on to shape the rest of the final.

Ulmer and Bentivoglio look destined in my opinion. Bentivoglio now following hotham and retweeting the signing of the two brothers strongly suggests he's a devil for 16-17. Hoping The King can way in on this one and give some insight?

Yonkman - BEAST of a man.

Devil94

ASHIPP said:
terry hunt said:
I didnt realise that Piers Morgan played Ice Hockey
No but the fact that Simms exchanges tweets with him doesn't make it a 'dead cert' that they are friends.
Just as players tweeting a club or a coach doesn't make it a 'dead cert' they are joining said club. That was the conclusion some earlier posters seemed to have arrived at.
Slightly different circumstances. Piers Morgan has about 5 million followers, they're not all his personal friends. If a hockey player follows a couple of accounts directly linked with a club, pretty telling for me. When it happens, it's correct 90% of the time.

zoesdevil

Devil2493 said:
Ulmer and Bentivoglio look destined in my opinion. Bentivoglio now following hotham and retweeting the signing of the two brothers strongly suggests he's a devil for 16-17. Hoping The King can way in on this one and give some insight?

Just looked him up on elite prospects, he's massive!! People definitely wouldnt bully us with him on the roster, come on Mr King, give us this BEAST!!! ;)

terry hunt

Some folks forget this forum is supposed to be fun with serious elements.

If people think the comments on here are made by hockey experts they need to change their

medication.

If someone wants to believe that Sidney Crosby is coming here good luck to them life is too short.

Having said that Glenn Anderson did come here after a rumour of him being seen in the city with

Heavey.

So whats wrong with dreaming

Devil94

zoesdevil said:
Devil2493 said:

Just looked him up on elite prospects, he's massive!! People definitely wouldnt bully us with him on the roster, come on Mr King, give us this BEAST!!! ;)
Yonkman signed in Finland, announced just now. JYP must be reading this forum, had to act quick before we jumped in and stole him...