4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy snels

Kerry said:
jimmy snels said:
KaneDevils said:
I bet most of you are there by 4,4-30 anyway supping beer(s)!! ;)
Is it really going to make that much of a difference? Nothings been set in stone anyway, has it?
someone who doesn't work the weekends right there!

Yes 6 has always been the time. We paid for our tickets based on this. There was no fan consultation. We're a tight knit group and many of us have gone for years and experienced loads of highs and lows together. This type of stuff is DIVIDING though and completely stupid after all the highs of the last 12months. You can see the arguments starting already and the in fighting. After all the goodwill created and loyalty gained you do this? Just before the season? Once everyone has paid? :DWD
Did the ST application give Face off times ? Geniune question.

I do understand peoples frustration and think the club are a little naughty in changing it now but I do understand their reasoning. I dont think the club took their decision lightly, hopefully the will compensate the ST holders who are affected by this.

I can no longer attend the majority of home games due to work and the rising costs, yes i get fed up but it is what it is.
Couldn't say i noticed but lets be honest until a few hours ago we ALL thought it was 6. Same people as always see it as "doesn't effect me so stuff them". But it's funny. Most of these same people who were effected by the new stadium list were kicking a shit storm up knowing others were ahead of them, when, for once, they would be effected.

Why change anything yet, be better if they left it as is, they wont know wether crowd improvments are due to the new arena or the time changes. They need to compare like for like first so that crowd improvments can be attributed to the new arena and if not sufficient raises in crowd numbers then tweak it

Ocko

ASHIPP said:
voth26 said:
Ocko said:
It's actually only 100 or so people so far who have commented or tweeted that it really effects them. If we gained 200 regulars would it be worth it?
The difference would only be 100, because you would have lost the original 100. If you kept the original 100 and added 200 newbies that would be the better deal for the club, and that's direction the club should be looking to go to fill the new arena. 4pm fo would mean four of us would miss approximately 8/12 Sunday games due to work commitments, and most of Saturday games as well again as I work 3 out of 4 Saturdays. So just not worth it
If its only 100 people that is still £40000....a substantial ammount of money for some clubs. in this league.
And no guarantee that it would be recouped quickly by selling seats.

But don't forget that some of these 100 posters represent 3,4 or more who will be affected by a longterm change. Do the maths.
They might represent a few seats rather than one but you can't do the math because they are completely made up figures. For all we know there might be many hundreds who will be more interested in a 4pm.

It's all very emotional at the moment and I think that's preventing people seeing a bigger picture. I don't for one second think that the management would do this for any other reason than making things better. It's obviously stemmed from somewhere. Why do people think it won't work for us, even though it worked for Nottingham?

Just the Geography, as in one weekend we will be travelling back from Fife after a Sat game playing Sheffield on a Sun, its in Oct so it will be a 6 pm face off imagine that when there is a 4pm fo next day. Nottingham are hours closer to all of the teams than us

Not happy with this at all. The club needs to get a refund on the go ready for another three season ticket holders who cannot go to the games that are on a Sunday at four o clock.ie,work..We buy our season tickets because they are cheaper to buy when we go to every game.That won't be the case anymore.The club should have told us they were thinking of doing this when we paid for our tickets and then we wouldn't have bought them because it's no longer cheaper.To expect us to be happy when we are loosing so many games is not good and to take our money and not even consult us is not a very honest way of doing things.So, Devils management,a refund for those games should be given.Very poor just expecting some people to accept this.If the club wants to do this,then at least do it for next season,not this one which we have already paid for!!

august04

Ocko, I'm asking you this as you seem to be just focusing on the question whether or not 4pm would work for us as it does for Nottingham.That's not the issue here at the moment. The Devils management are supposed to value their season ticket holders. Would you be happy if you'd forked out over a grand on season tickets (with no indication that face off times would be any different to pretty much the whole history of the Devils), to then find out that the club had changed the face off times 5-6 weeks before the season starts and after most people had bought their season tickets, which would mean you'd miss 20% of the home games? That's what many people are facing unless the club reverse this decision, including me. If so, you're more tolerant than me and have more money to waste than I have. The club can do what they like with face off times, but not next season. Communicate the change properly after the end of next season, before season tickets go on sale, then at least give people the chance to decide what's best for them in advance of any season ticket purchases. Surely, that's not hard to understand? Then see if 4pm or whatever time they like, works in 2016-17.

osh

Probably the worst PR Announcement since TK became involved with the club and something I honestly feel he is regretting at this moment in time. How easy would it have been for the club to find out how the fans felt about changing the FO time before assuming - incorrectly - that everyone would accept it. If the club are saying that it would attract more families etc, I don't quite get that part of things. For every 2 new kids that it attracts, the revenue is still less than one paying adult, eg £14 against £15 revenue. If we want to attract more fans, surely it should be the adult market that the club needs to be aiming at as a priority. Nothing against children of course, it's always great to see them at games and long may it continue. However, I can't see the 6pm face offs losing any more kids than go to games anyway, but I can see more adults going to games based on 6pm face offs especially with the attraction of a new larger capacity arena opening in January ( hopefully )
Todd, you got this wrong, you haven't been fair to ST holders and this should have been suggested next season prior to ST sales. Looking forward to you seeing sense and going back to 6pm for all Sunday games next season( by the way, I have no problem fortunately being able to attend at either 4 or 6 but feel sorry for those that will miss games due to 4pm face offs )

Skippy

Did I imagine a release from the club earlier saying they were taking this idea back to the drawing board ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Foxy

Bad decision by the club. Hope this is going to be the one and only and not the start of a slide in non communication/lack of consultation...........

If they wanted to change face of times this should have been made clear before season tickets were sold.

Weekends are precious enough as it is for families but the club have virtually wiped the sunday off the radar. Way too early :(

Not happy :(

Wannabe2

osh said:
Probably the worst PR Announcement since TK became involved with the club and something I honestly feel he is regretting at this moment in time. How easy would it have been for the club to find out how the fans felt about changing the FO time before assuming - incorrectly - that everyone would accept it. If the club are saying that it would attract more families etc, I don't quite get that part of things. For every 2 new kids that it attracts, the revenue is still less than one paying adult, eg £14 against £15 revenue. If we want to attract more fans, surely it should be the adult market that the club needs to be aiming at as a priority. Nothing against children of course, it's always great to see them at games and long may it continue. However, I can't see the 6pm face offs losing any more kids than go to games anyway, but I can see more adults going to games based on 6pm face offs especially with the attraction of a new larger capacity arena opening in January ( hopefully )
Todd, you got this wrong, you haven't been fair to ST holders and this should have been suggested next season prior to ST sales. Looking forward to you seeing sense and going back to 6pm for all Sunday games next season( by the way, I have no problem fortunately being able to attend at either 4 or 6 but feel sorry for those that will miss games due to 4pm face offs )
Amen to that, spot on.

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
Ocko said:
Personally I quite like the change. It brings it into line with most other sports; a 6pm start on a Sunday is quite late.
Never put you of before did it, or am I making it up.
No it didn't, my circumstances have recently changed though. I'm on a ship now and have to be back on base earlier so now I cannot go back home to my family after a game. It's not the end of the world but 4pm works slightly better for me. It doesn't rule out anything so it's just my preference.

I don't want to see anyone miss out but as I've said, there will be nothing malicious in this it's just the management doing all they can to make the Devils successful. Continuing to do things just because that's the way it's always been done isn't a good enough reason to not change.

One thing I disagree with is the timing; this should have been before anyone had spent a penny on their season tickets.

Finny

skippy said:
Did I imagine a release from the club earlier saying they were taking this idea back to the drawing board ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
No. But complaining is something we do brilliantly and it's the first chance to complain about something in months.

pjj365

We on here and TK et al need to be conscious of the fact that we are a self selecting minority as are those fans on Twitter and FB

I have no doubt the range of views is representative of the ST holding community as a whole but if TK is to listen to fans he needs to communicate by other than social media

The reaction to the change will only truly show by "no show" at the first 4pm game. I am aware of 3 people (5 adults, 3 children) who will not be able to make it due to work/family commitmens. They check fixtures week by week on the Club's web site (where no debate is taking place anyway) so how are these people to be reached and their views taken into account. They are, in any event, unlikely to be aware of the change until they log on in August - assuming they check 2016 fixtures at that time

⁉⁉⁉

Status
Not open for further replies.