Breaking News: Devils sign new player

Gospel

Tough on any guy having to play injured. You know you cant give what you want or what others expect but you still say you’ll lace them up to help the team. I guess the injury is a nagging one that may require surgery of some kind.

As for Jake, lets hope hes able to manage his issues that hes openly discussed and he enjoys playing hockey again. Fingers crossed no more injuries for him & he stays healthy in body & mind.

Devil94

I wouldn't touch the Reid - Dixon - Crandall line. By far our most successful line and the best in the league. I would put him between Cox and Sanford.

James

Administrator
Providing he's physically and mentally ready to play, Coughler looks a great mid season pick up. I assume he's ready or wouldn't have signed but I'll be glad when he's a couple of shifts in. Welcome aboard Jake, hopefully you can get back to enjoying hockey.
It's been clear DuPont hasn't been the expected player for us and fighting injury can explain this. Playing on through injury for the team, speaks volumes about his character.

Slartibartfast

Drakefords open ended crowd restrictions causes great financial uncertainty for the club so this signing is a great statement from the owners as to their commitment to the club. And unlike some previous owners they will take care of the injured player also.

He looks like just what we need. He has a very quick release and seems to have no problem finding the net. And he is a centre.
With McNulty fitting in well it looks like it could all start to come together in the new year.

Wannabe2

This lad looks a very good signing indeed, with McNullty looking like he is settling down well let’s hope we can get a bit more consistency in the team. Hopefully 2022 will be a good Devils year.

Slartibartfast

Seems a good signing. Interesting interview from him on YouTube from about 3 weeks ago. Here is the link if anyone wishes to view. He is very honest when speaking out about his Mental Ill Health which I feel is not only incredibly brave as a player but also will hopefully help others talk and open up if they are struggling. Let's all give him the welcome he deserves....... When we are allowed to attend that is.

Thats a really moving interview and shows the importance of talking to someone if you suffer mental health problems. It also shows how tough being a hockey player can be not just physically but mentally also.

terry hunt

Another possible benefit of all this could be that Dupont will now be Skalde's assistant on the bench and could be an asset.
There are lots of things Franny can do to make TK's job easier

BostonBart22

Another possible benefit of all this could be that Dupont will now be Skalde's assistant on the bench and could be an asset.
There are lots of things Franny can do to make TK's job easier
Thats if the club can afford him after 21 days especially in these covid times, tbh cant see drakeford changing things after these 2 crowdless games..