Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICTORY!

wildthing74

Re: Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - 8th March - 4

SteveKing said:
With greatest respect Steve don't think you will escape our initiations as a new traveller! How's your singing solo on the microphone?

Oh my! I'll have to brush up on some of my "go-to" karaoke songs...or do I have a choice?!
Let's be honest Canadian music is weird so we wil load up a load of Taylor Swift(seems that's cool with the kids) and you take your pick!

If there is a hockey god you might even get the pleasure of taking the now famous #winnerselfie on the way home.I don't think I've ever wanted to win a game more than I do now.I obviously have I'm sure but this group of guys are special and if any fanbase deserves it then it's ours.

Buses 1-7 are now full :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana

But we do not have enough interest to book an 8th

Anyone that was planning to put their names down Saturday, we need to know this morning so we can inform NAT

It would be great to get an 8th bus but without at least another 20 bookings we just can't do it

Very sorry

SteveKing

Taylor Swift??? I'll need my daughter to brush me up on her songs. Brian and I were discussing a stirring rendition of Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline. Apparently he does a fantastic "Bah Bah Bah"!

As for the winner's selfie, we'll have to do that at the arena or in a neighboring pub after the game. We'll be staying over in Sheffield after the game and catching our flight back home from Heathrow the next day.

Finny

I think the Steelers have started singing Sweet Caroline at every home game?

SteveKing

Well Sweet Caroline is out then. I'll review my playlist on the plane tonight!

International Velvet - Catatonia
Delilah - Tom Jones
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Andy Williams
Anything by Max Boyce
Anything from first two Stereophonics albums

Should do the job

SteveKing

I've never sung Delilah before but it seems right. Hopefully someone has the words for us and hopefully the whole bus joins in and cancels out our ineptitude.

Just a note Steve, whichever bus you are on the drivers name is "Drive". At the Coventry game Todd was under the impression it was Bussy. In Wales anyone who drives is Drive, just a little Welshie lesson for you.

Has it been confirmed now that we are playing in White? If we can't play in our CC Black jerseys would love to see us playing in Red to be honest.

Finny said:
We have. Was great first few times, but at least 3 times every game is a tad much now. Although I think its not Simmsey in the Whitehouse, so we might not play it as much, or at all.

Great to see you're bringing 7 coaches minimum. Safe travels all, see you Sunday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDom

Finny said:
Really?

There goes my favourite Karoke tune!

dave

StevenBletsoe said:
Has it been confirmed now that we are playing in White? If we can't play in our CC Black jerseys would love to see us playing in Red to be honest.

Yes it has.. league rules normally dictate one team in a light jersey one in a dark

DevilDom

May be a silly question but why do we have to have 1 team designated "Home" team and one team designated "Away" team?

I'm sure in other sports (and I'm thinking football mainly) they toss a coin for who wears their home kit if there is a class and the other team gets to use the home dressing room.

Just seems to add to the feeling that its not a neutral venue.

Ocko

In a sense a coin toss did happen when they made the draw. as far as I can see both teams are being treated as equals in every sense other than the jersey issue. Both teams get anthems, intros, players called out, equal tickets. IMO it's not quite as bad as nottingham and 'their' play off weekend. The biggest issue for me is who gets the second line change, but unfortunately someone has to. If it was drawn fairly we can have little complaint.

drainage

dave said:
StevenBletsoe said:

Yes it has.. league rules normally dictate one team in a light jersey one in a dark
The light dark jersey thing would make sense if this was 1. being televised and 2.Televised to people watching in black and white !

For me black vs red is an easy distinction to make - unless they are considering anyone experiencing difficulty around colour blindness or something similar?

But if its white shirts its white - I will be in red !