Confirmed Signings all teams 2014/15

Temme

sparkymark75 said:
Funny how some seem to write Fife off and yet praise Dundee.
Nobody is writing them off, they'll finish in a similar fashion to last year is my guess.

Dundee appear to be signing well, and making themselves stronger, and had a damn good year last year.

As did Braehead - and they appear alot stronger.

But go back to before last season, who would have said 'Dundee will do very well this year...'

It's probably a good thing that people don't have Fife finishing in the top 6.

Everyone had the Devils as "potentially" winning the league last year, and look how that went for us :shock:

drainage

sparkymark75 said:
To be fair one of your fans has been inciting responses on here with their well thought out critique of our chances so not sure you can wonder why the comments may less than overwhelming ......that said I think most are saying Braehead and Dundee look stronger than Fife but as Temme said we didn't expect the season we had with the signings we got last season!

We will all find out how those rosters look where it counts on the ice very soon!

Temme

drainage said:
sparkymark75 said:
To be fair one of your fans has been inciting responses on here with their well thought out critique of our chances so not sure you can wonder why the comments may less than overwhelming ......that said I think most are saying Braehead and Dundee look stronger than Fife but as Temme said we didn't expect the season we had with the signings we got last season!

We will all find out how those rosters look where it counts on the ice very soon!
coming on the Devils forum and proclaiming that Fife are in with a chance with winning the league, and that the devils won't finish in the top 8 is a pretty weird thing to do :lol:

Considering the improvements a lot of teams have made I would say Fife are fighting for 8th spot.

Having said that this time last year we looked pretty good and finished very badly.

drainage

Temme said:
drainage said:
sparkymark75 said:

coming on the Devils forum and proclaiming that Fife are in with a chance with winning the league, and that the devils won't finish in the top 8 is a pretty weird thing to do :lol:
Was done to get a response and that's what they got ! :D

Temme

Don't know whether or not it's a good re-signing by Fife, what do you think?

But I sure am glad he's back in the league. Very entertaining player!

I think it's a very good signing for us. Flyers were a much better team with him in it.

The incident with Chris Frank in Kirkcaldy, which Braehead hyped up to get maximum effect, which got Nickerson a 9 game ban over Christmas did hurt us and it was no coincidence that we started showing signs of our good late season form when he returned.

He keeps other teams honest with his presence but he can play. He reads the ice superbly, hardly ever gets out of position and has a fantastic outlet pass. Stints in the AHL, Sweden and Finland shows that Nickerson can play in the best leagues.

Its not only an on ice presence that he has, there is also a very big off ice presence which was shown when he shaved off his beard at the end of the season and his wife had her hair cut for Flyers local charity and raised £4000.

He also really wanted to come back to Flyers, and the league, knowing that he would probably have a target on his back and that his actions would be closely scrutinised and he is the factor that teams really want-he will put bums on seats both in Kirkcaldy and the rest of the league

sparkymark75 said:
i think the realisation that theyre in for a whupping from the Flyers has the devils fans worried sparky...Devils 8th Fife top 5...still i suppose Lord will tet another pastin from Big Matt.

Amazepux said:
sparkymark75 said:
i think the realisation that theyre in for a whupping from the Flyers has the devils fans worried sparky...Devils 8th Fife top 5...still i suppose Lord will tet another pastin from Big Matt.
What Nickerson did to Lord in the first game of last season has no place on the ice IMO and left a very bad taste in my mouth and I was all for sending him back on the first available plane.

In that game he was not the kind of player that Fife have ever had before and also not the kind of player that we want but he bought in to the programme, realised his responsibilities for the team and turned out to be invaluable to us and as it turned out was wanted by a number of teams in the EIHL by the end of the season as well as teams from better European leagues

Have Hope#35

Harlan said:
Amazepux said:
sparkymark75 said:
What Nickerson did to Lord in the first game of last season has no place on the ice IMO and left a very bad taste in my mouth and I was all for sending him back on the first available plane.

In that game he was not the kind of player that Fife have ever had before and also not the kind of player that we want but he bought in to the programme, realised his responsibilities for the team and turned out to be invaluable to us and as it turned out was wanted by a number of teams in the EIHL by the end of the season as well as teams from better European leagues
Well said Harlan... Certainly puts Amazepux back in his box after yet another stupid comment! Comes to something when his own fan group don't even agree with his ludicrous comments/statements... Personally I think the league is looking as evenly spread as it has in a long time, still Hull and Edinburgh 9th & 10th for me though!

Just a bit of fun lads n lassies! Lord was fine after the incident..i dont condone it either tbh and also thought he was a luability at the start but he won me over..id forgotten that 'fun' and welsh dont mix well!

wildthing74

Amazepux said:
sparkymark75 said:
You were funny at the start now you are just boring.You really are 40?I would have sworn you were about 14.
Lots of talk but I notice no accepting of any bets,challenges or forfeits from you.Back it up.

Finny

Amazepux said:
Just a bit of fun lads n lassies! Lord was fine after the incident..i dont condone it either tbh and also thought he was a luability at the start but he won me over..id forgotten that 'fun' and welsh dont mix well!
What's the address of the Fife fans forum?