Devils@Giants - 28 Jan-CC Semi 1st Leg - 7pm - Chat/Updates

BostonBart22

Re: Devils@Giants - 28 Jan-CC Semi 1st Leg - 7pm - Chat/Upda

If dave whistle gets this job next season, i hope he got the bollocks not to agree to 4 games in 5 nights like the present coach, shambles saved me 15 quid 2nd leg :x

steve

Have Hope#35 said:
rolf said:
Still at least we can concentrate on the league now...............
Yeah :lol:
Will we come 6th, 7th or 8th?
I understand your point, but the difference between 6/7/8 could actually be huge for us.

rolf

yeah gotta avoid the giants and hope a ferry sinks......let's all hold hands now

ASHIPP

One word: annialated

Giants don't need to turn up at BBT next week. Their job is done.

For all our Guys' brave efforts, the Giants are too good. They were rested, they have the skills and systems, they know their own ice. Enough said.

rolf

rolf said:
yeah gotta avoid the giants and hope a ferry sinks......let's all hold hands now
And sing Stena ships my lord cum by yar .......

Have Hope#35

steve said:
Have Hope#35 said:
rolf said:
Still at least we can concentrate on the league now...............
Yeah :lol:
Will we come 6th, 7th or 8th?
I understand your point, but the difference between 6/7/8 could actually be huge for us.
Got to play for 7th to get the Winner of the Gardiner Conference... I appreciate that! Dyer straights though isn't it?

rolf

ASHIPP said:

For all our Guys' brave efforts, the Giants are too good. They were rested, they have the skills and systems, they know their own ice. Enough said.
Can we all come round your house for the second leg?

Wannabe2

rolf said:
ASHIPP said:

And watch eastenders.

jimmy snels

Got to say it seemed mental to rest plumpton and jake on wknd if they weren't playing tonight. Kurka lord mac marsh smith take your pick, those are the guys who we needed fresh. Disappointed with tonight

DevilDom

I wonder if Brent will still fly home for the 2nd leg now?

After all there is little chance of any glory.

KaneDevils

I don't know about coaching issues but we certainly have concentration ones. Giants goal after 49 seconds and 2 in the last 2 minutes?
Four disallowed goals in one game, another world record?

Hope Dave wasn't watching.

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
I wonder if Brent will still fly home for the 2nd leg now?

After all there is little chance of any glory.
Hopefully he gets a one way ticket to Sochi!

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
rolf said:
ASHIPP said:

And watch eastenders.
Thought I'd put on NHL GameCenter instead!
:lol:

Just a collection of quotes for people to read because:

“It ain’t over till it’s over.”
– Yogi Berra

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.
— Vince Lombardi

“Win If You Can, Lose If You Must, But NEVER QUIT!”
– Cameron Trammell

“Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way.”
– Satchel Paige

“Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.”
– Jim Valvano

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.”
– Tommy Lasorda

Hope this brings a bit of positivity :)

rolf

jimmy snels said:
Got to say it seemed mental to rest plumpton and jake on wknd if they weren't playing tonight. Kurka lord mac marsh smith take your pick, those are the guys who we needed fresh. Disappointed with tonight
Yeah. Not blaming him. Hell no. But Mac did look like a game too far for me. He was everywhere, but he just didn't get the rub as the commentators said. I agree. A fully rested Mac wouldda burned em up tonight. That is the biggest arse fruit in my house is that they AREN'T that good, we just never stood a chance after 4 games in 5 nights on the road.

Who the fook agreed to this schedule needs a big kick in the nuts, then we can debate who gets to be annialated afterwards......obviously glynne will be watching eastenders hahaha Good lad, well done.

TheStub

rolf said:
TheStub said:
Our D just stopped skating.

The coverage was terrible. We just looked tired and lost.
What game were you watching?

I thought our D did well yet again, but our forwards could not control possession after a transitional pass out. Then when they did get a sight on goal, completely messed it up. Very easy to look at a scoreline and come to your conclusion. Our offence had easy enough chances to score at least 4 tonight and this might look like a better result.

You need some offence to allow for some respite for the defence but then I;m sure you know that already
Finally someone actually talks about the hockey :-D

I guess I was watching the same game as you... But for me what turned the tide was a couple of poor defensive errors. Maybe not D errors. The goal of the back of our nettie. Where was the coverage. Amazing save, but no-one followed the puck and they just threw it in net from the corner unopposed.

And there was the goal where the giants sucked everyone to the left of the net and passed it behind. Easy tap in as no one had their man, we looked tired and out of place.

Also, taking about building from the back - the giants are great at team defence, always in the lanes leaving Murphy unscreened. What they do REALLY well is transition from defence to offence. The first pass is a joy to watch. We don't seem to have that - there isn't a D who seems able to thread that needle. We start going into panic mode and just throw the puck away.

Nice to see Mark Smith getting deep, had some great chances, but was as lucky as all the forwards.

jimmy snels

Believe G did fixtures but the cc game added by brent. Ud think a week off after a triple header and at least three before. Let alone adding an extra one. Belfast knew what they were doing offering tonight for sure.